MNWB

Region 4

5A 

Ladies and Gentlemen it is here. The Miami Northwestern Bulls and it's Golden Girls a.ka. The Dynamic Dozen who we know has the best high school danceline. But Do the Bulls have the Best Football team in 5A? We will find that out Friday night as The West travel on the road for the first time this season during the playoffs to Plantation Florida to take on American Heritage Patriots in the No. 1 Marquee matchup in the state of Florida (MC vs Dillard) the second. The last meeting between the two was back in 2016 with The Patriots winning a thriller that rivaled the Booker T. Washington and St.Thomas Aquinas game. The Pats won 34-32 do to The West not having a kicker so they had to keep going for 2pts and failed on them more than once. Based on common opponents the two teams have played Cardinal Gibbons, Key West Conchs, and Stranahan. The Bulls defeated Cardinal Gibbons 32-0 AMH defeated CG 28-21. The Bulls defeated Key West 49-14 AMH 53-15. The Bulls defeated Stranahan 63-0 AMH 27-6 (Amh was without starters in this game including they starting QB).  As far as rushing yds per game The Bulls 252.5 AMH 126.0. Pass yds per game The Bulls 254.0 AMH 179.5. Total yds per game The Bulls 506.8 AMH 305.5. Tackles per game The Bulls 104.1 AMH 58.2. Sacks per game The Bulls 6.7 AMH 4.2. Pts per game The Bulls 36.2 AMH 35.6. Pancake Blocks The Bulls 180 AMH N/A.  WHO YOU WITH? GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS, AND PREDICTIONS ON THE GAME. DO YOU ROCK WITH THE WEST OR THE PATRIOTS because this meeting was talked about as soon as recertifications began.

67031079_215582819422922_8989384232893131704_n.jpg

lol it sure will and can possibly happen.

i got to admit it Dillard to me just was a team with just a little luck and and thankful schedule. I even said some of this on Scorestream that if Dillard beat Columbus I'll it will change what i think. It's the Columbus game, and Fort Myers game is what made me be like okay they do got a squad but it all comes down to this weekend and i cant wait. Soooo many games im looking forward to. No.1 is my Bulls the MC vs Dillard, the BTW vs CG, and Vanguard vs Jones in that order.

8 minutes ago, MNWB said:

lol it sure will and can possibly happen.

i got to admit it Dillard to me just was a team with just a little luck and and thankful schedule. I even said some of this on Scorestream that if Dillard beat Columbus I'll it will change what i think. It's the Columbus game, and Fort Myers game is what made me be like okay they do got a squad but it all comes down to this weekend and i cant wait. Soooo many games im looking forward to. No.1 is my Bulls the MC vs Dillard, the BTW vs CG, and Vanguard vs Jones in that order.

I can’t wait either but I don’t think you can go (14-0) since your lAst lost & b considered lucky ...are we nationally elite ? No sir we haven’t earned that right we have to show we can be the best in our own classification first. 

But to go 8-2 last year lost a hard fought game to BTW at traz Then to go to western & win AT western then lose a Close game @ gibbons which many said we will lose all 3 to end the season on a 7 game winning streak go toe to toe with nationally ranked Miami central as 38 point underdogs. 

to go into the offseason get better stronger deeper bigger & most of get a great coaching staff and since then we have not lost a game (14-0) counting spring & KOC which was won 58-7 & 44-0 respectively. out of those 14 opponents NINE of those teams were plAyoff teams. 

ft lauderdale 

taravela 

Miramar 

columbus 

pahokee 

ely 

lely 

ft Myers 

stranahan 

so granted Dillard may not have the 4 & 5* recruits & transfers & etc to make them a super team; but they do have 1 thing & that’s heart & they believe & play for one another & they have a coaching staff & demands nothing less then their all. And so far that has led to 12 wins & 0 loses. 

I couldn’t get an answer from the one clown. So I will ask again someone with knowledge. 

What did Lowndes do that made MNW look so bad? The athletic advantage couldnt have been that superior. I heard Lowndes fans were upset that MNW looked like a JV team who couldn’t compete. 

Tickets were in high demand to catch a supposed top team and people were scalping tickets for higher prices to catch the epic event. Only to have it look like a homecoming game. Lowndes could have scored 70. 

What was the reason for all of this? 

9 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I couldn’t get an answer from the one clown. So I will ask again someone with knowledge. 

What did Lowndes do that made MNW look so bad? The athletic advantage couldnt have been that superior. I heard Lowndes fans were upset that MNW looked like a JV team who couldn’t compete. 

Tickets were in high demand to catch a supposed top team and people were scalping tickets for higher prices to catch the epic event. Only to have it look like a homecoming game. Lowndes could have scored 70. 

No funny business but that’s a easy question with a easy answer “COACHING” & “DISCIPLINE” 

the coaching staffs hit different the more up north you go now u add talent to the mix (scary thought) 

Florida is not in a time anymore where we can just line up & beat everyone with our speed ...80% plus team in Florida suffer from extreme undisciplined play year in & year out. 

but coaches at a st frances ..mater dei ..lowndes & etc they coach & pay attention to every little detail ..they refuse to beat themselves. Florida we have the talent but our LEVEL OF PLAY is subpar at best. Which is why we can look like world beaters in Florida then get blasted out of state.

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Why can't Wharton be relevant? When last Wharton game you went to? I see I had you in your feelings to go name calling. Where is Steinbrenner located?  Did you go to that game? Why did they get beat by 60? What type of offense does Wharton run? 

18 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Speaking of STA do u like the winner of Armwood Lakeland to beat them at State? 

I think STA takes it this year (almost threw up in my mouth) lakeland vs TBT really had me like whoa being that that game was predicted to b a blowout win for lakeland & Armwood struggled in a defensive battle vs Gaither who is no where near STA level.

right now if STA met either of them I got STA by 14 to 17 points.

I think this year, much like last year, STA is a team comprised of superior athletes (compared to most of the teams in the state or in the nation, for the most part) who all play on the field together at the same time.  But these kids have not grown up together like the kids on a typical high school football team, so, in my humble opinion, they rely on talent, but not necessarily heart.   And 14 times out of 15, that's good enough. 

On the other hand, last year Lakeland had a team that included some exceptional athletes that were surrounded by very good athletes that all played together very well as a team.  And regardless of how long some of the players had been at Lakeland, they really came together during their playoff run.   With the number of new players, it's been hard to tell if that's happening again this year.  The Armwood game will be my barometer.   And, ultimately for both teams, injuries may very well play a big part in who gets to hold up the championship trophy in Daytona.  

Assuming both teams are both reasonably healthy, I'm leaning towards the Polk County All-Star team defeating both the East Hillsborough County All-Star team and the Florida East Coast All-Star team in a close championship game. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

No funny business but that’s a easy question with a easy answer “COACHING” & “DISCIPLINE” 

the coaching staffs hit different the more up north you go now u add talent to the mix (scary thought) 

Florida is not in a time anymore where we can just line up & beat everyone with our speed ...80% plus team in Florida suffer from extreme undisciplined play year in & year out. 

but coaches at a st frances ..mater dei ..lowndes & etc they coach & pay attention to every little detail ..they refuse to beat themselves. Florida we have the talent but our LEVEL OF PLAY is subpar at best. Which is why we can look like world beaters in Florida then get blasted out of state.

It just means the football here isn’t as good as people think it is.  The individual talent is off the charts but the team talent is way behind 

Don't blame the last meeting on not having a kicker. That game was 27-8 at halftime for Heritage. Heritage had a missed fg and several failed scoring opportunities. Game could of went the other way just as easy and the clock would of ran. 

Both the current teams have had a couple slow start games. First one to get the momentum wins 

Darter, can you elaborate on why you think MNW will out physical ahp. Don't see it