Lakeland, Vero and Dillard......

nolebull813

Concerning the "tough schedule=success theory,"...Booker T Washington should have blown Glades Central out of the water last year in the playoffs, and lost.  Likewise, BTW should have coasted to victory in the 2016 playoffs, and didn't.  Plenty of other examples out there.

The law of diminishing returns applies when it comes to scheduling.    

Lol @ Armwood and Lakeland as examples of regular season schedules. they have proved time and time again they belong among Florida elites... F@@k a regular season schedule they are making state championship appearances. 

Dillard is who we all thought they were. You have to go back to 92 and they got ran off the field by Manatee with Willie Taggart and Shevin Wiggins.  Straight beat down. 

21 minutes ago, Nico Ranks said:

Lol @ Armwood and Lakeland as examples of regular season schedules. they have proved time and time again they belong among Florida elites... F@@k a regular season schedule they are making state championship appearances. 

Dillard is who we all thought they were. You have to go back to 92 and they got ran off the field by Manatee with Willie Taggart and Shevin Wiggins.  Straight beat down. 

We went to the state finals in 2000 & went went to the state semis in 01 

if Dillard had the north’s path to a title Dillard would have way more state championships & final appearances. 

put any other school a Armwood a lakeland & etc with our path their history would look like ours playing the #1 team in the nation in the 2ns round year after year in STA where they won national championships. 

then right after we’re put in a region facing nationally ranked Miami central or carol city in the first round as a district champion.

also adding to the fact not being able to keep players because were fighting with nationally recruited STA whose literally 8 min away AHP ...now u school & Chaminade all schools who can offer more. It’s tough man. It’s not like we have been losing to local state level schools on the same playing field as us we’ve been having to go against some national powerhouses in the first & second round and this year third round. 

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We went to the state finals in 2000 & went went to the state semis in 01 

if Dillard had the north’s path to a title Dillard would have way more state championships & final appearances. 

put any other school a Armwood a lakeland & etc with our path their history would look like ours playing the #1 team in the nation in the 2ns round year after year in STA where they won national championships. 

then right after we’re put in a region facing nationally ranked Miami central or carol city in the first round as a district champion.

also adding to the fact not being able to keep players because were fighting with nationally recruited STA whose literally 8 min away AHP ...now u school & Chaminade all schools who can offer more. It’s tough man. It’s not like we have been losing to local state level schools on the same playing field as us we’ve been having to go against some national powerhouses in the first & second round and this year third round. 

Remember this thread?  

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Concerning the "tough schedule=success theory,"...Booker T Washington should have blown Glades Central out of the water last year in the playoffs, and lost.  Likewise, BTW should have coasted to victory in the 2016 playoffs, and didn't.  Plenty of other examples out there.

FOH with that BS you trippin BTW came in overconfident and got dealt with lol

14 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

FOH with that BS you trippin BTW came in overconfident and got dealt with lol

You may have misunderstood what I was trying to say.  Those who believe that the tougher the regular season schedule the better the team gonna perform during the playoffs were the ones who likely believed that BTW would blow out GC last year.  It makes sense that a team that plays a rugged schedule could come in overconfident against certain teams.

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I agree, while scheduling quality teams is a good thing, scheduling a murders row just for the sake of doing it can also have adverse effects on a team also such as injuries, diminished morale and exhaustion both physically and mentally. I tend to think playoff success has more to do with coaching, preparation and execution. 

24 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

You may have misunderstood what I was trying to say.  Those who believe that the tougher the regular season schedule the better the team gonna perform during the playoffs were the ones who likely believed that BTW would blow out GC last year.  It makes sense that a team that plays a rugged schedule could come in overconfident against certain teams.

My bad lol 

5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I agree, while scheduling quality teams is a good thing, scheduling a murders row just for the sake of doing it can also have adverse effects on a team also such as injuries, diminished moral and exhaustion both physically and mentally. I tend to think playoff success has more to do with coaching, preparation and execution. 

My bad I'll snap about my Raiders lol

Dillard this year at 12-1 is no different than any other Dillard team who is 7-4, 8-5, 6-6 etc. 
Dillard doesn’t have any more talent, or the coaching staff hasn’t been elevated to the point they are this up and coming power. nothing is different. 

They are the same team they have always been for as far back as I can remember. The only thing that will change with Dillard is the record and that is based on the schedule. Easy schedule, good record. Tough schedule, average record. 
I’m not knocking them or criticizing them. Down in South Florida it is hard to maintain a high level of play when everyone is trying to poach your talent. 

Dillard managed to avoid playing the top 10 teams in their own county!!!!!! NO STA, AHP, CARDINAL GIBBONS, DEERFIELD BEACH, U SCHOOL, CHAMINADE-MADONNA, WESTERN,  PLANTATION, and DOUGLAS!!!!!!

That is tough to do. Manage to avoid every single top team in your county. How is that possible? The one team with a heartbeat in the county, they squeaked by with a miracle win. 

Dillard needs to do some soul searching,  and realize that being a big fish in a small pond will not help them any when they get thrown in the ocean!!!!!

18 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Dillard this year at 12-1 is no different than any other Dillard team who is 7-4, 8-5, 6-6 etc. 
Dillard doesn’t have any more talent, or the coaching staff hasn’t been elevated to the point they are this up and coming power. nothing is different. 

They are the same team they have always been for as far back as I can remember. The only thing that will change with Dillard is the record and that is based on the schedule. Easy schedule, good record. Tough schedule, average record. 
I’m not knocking them or criticizing them. Down in South Florida it is hard to maintain a high level of play when everyone is trying to poach your talent. 

Dillard managed to avoid playing the top 10 teams in their own county!!!!!! NO STA, AHP, CARDINAL GIBBONS, DEERFIELD BEACH, U SCHOOL, CHAMINADE-MADONNA, WESTERN,  PLANTATION, and DOUGLAS!!!!!!

That is tough to do. Manage to avoid every single top team in your county. How is that possible? The one team with a heartbeat in the county, they squeaked by with a miracle win. 

Dillard needs to do some soul searching,  and realize that being a big fish in a small pond will not help them any when they get thrown in the ocean!!!!!

Did u realit throw Douglas in there we would have blasted Douglas their schedule was even more pathetic then ours plantation ? What makes them top 10 over us ? Scheduling a top schedule doesn’t make u a top 10 team ..your not even from south Florida so u have no expertise on any team down here your just solely going off name & past history. 

two of our opponents from this year is in the state semis ..we beat them both 6 teams out of the 12 we played from spring to regular season end made the playoffs it would have been 7 if Miramar didn’t have to forfeit have their season. 

to say their is no difference between Dillard this year & years past is a DISRESPECT to the players the coaches & to the hard work & dedication that has been put into this program & ill b DAMNED!! If I let ANYONE!! Let alone someone from north Florida disrespect us like that. 

a Dillard team from the past would have lost that game vs Miramar would have most definitely lost against Columbus & would have found a way to make those “EASY GAMES” harder then what they needed to be. 

are we nationally elite ? No not yet but are we a top 6 in broward county HELL YEA!! & unless u have expertise in south Florida football & u have seen Dillard play don’t come at me with nothing bout Dillard cuz yo opinion has ZERO VALIDITY!! 

you don’t get to 12-0 & hosting a reigional finals game by being below avg or sorry u don’t beat two teams that’s playing in a state semis wether it was close or by a blowout by being below avg. 

last Friday’s game wasn’t lost because we was overmatched or with less talent we just played a very undisciplined game & Miami central took advantage period! @DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class y’all doing all this clowning on Dillard like I said we was Mater dei or STA all I’ve been saying all year was that since that lost last year to central we wanted another shot THATS IT & we Got it and we didn’t take Advantage of the opportunity nuff said. 

42 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

last Friday’s game wasn’t lost because we was overmatched or with less talent we just played a very undisciplined game & Miami central took advantage period! @DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class y’all doing all this clowning on Dillard like I said we was Mater dei or STA all I’ve been saying all year was that since that lost last year to central we wanted another shot THATS IT & we Got it and we didn’t take Advantage of the opportunity nuff said. 

Me clowning on Dillard? Not at all man. I would be the first to agree that Dillard has turned the corner. Was this a state championship caliber team? No. But it was a solid playoff team. It's not like Central just ran all over Dillard. It seems Dillard was fairly competitive for a half before the wheels fell off in the second. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Me clowning on Dillard? Not at all man. I would be the first to agree that Dillard has turned the corner. Was this a state championship caliber team? No. But it was a solid playoff team. It's not like Central just ran all over Dillard. It seems Dillard was fairly competitive for a half before the wheels fell off in the second. 

I was just tagging u bro I kno u wasn’t clowning us & facts 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Did u realit throw Douglas in there we would have blasted Douglas their schedule was even more pathetic then ours plantation ? What makes them top 10 over us ? Scheduling a top schedule doesn’t make u a top 10 team ..your not even from south Florida so u have no expertise on any team down here your just solely going off name & past history. 

two of our opponents from this year is in the state semis ..we beat them both 6 teams out of the 12 we played from spring to regular season end made the playoffs it would have been 7 if Miramar didn’t have to forfeit have their season. 

to say their is no difference between Dillard this year & years past is a DISRESPECT to the players the coaches & to the hard work & dedication that has been put into this program & ill b DAMNED!! If I let ANYONE!! Let alone someone from north Florida disrespect us like that. 

a Dillard team from the past would have lost that game vs Miramar would have most definitely lost against Columbus & would have found a way to make those “EASY GAMES” harder then what they needed to be. 

are we nationally elite ? No not yet but are we a top 6 in broward county HELL YEA!! & unless u have expertise in south Florida football & u have seen Dillard play don’t come at me with nothing bout Dillard cuz yo opinion has ZERO VALIDITY!! 

you don’t get to 12-0 & hosting a reigional finals game by being below avg or sorry u don’t beat two teams that’s playing in a state semis wether it was close or by a blowout by being below avg. 

You make some good points, but I want to mention that you keep referring to North Florida as if they don't have any talent and that there path was/is easier. If Dillard had the path that North Florida had/has then that means Dillard would be considered North Florida, and you would have North Florida talent and Coaches...so not sure if you can make a point about North Florida. Second usually when a team loses that means that winning team forces the losing team to play their game not their own game. In the end no matter the season record, as you stated before in previous post, that every team starts 0-0 in the playoffs and anything can happen. Unfortunately for your team you will not know this season if you can beat a North Florida team. 

On 11/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Armwood played an easy schedule, too, so we all got to see two fat and out-of-shape teams play last night at Armwood.:rolleyes:

No they didn't. They played N. Gwinnett on the road. Played B-dale (twice, once in season and in the playoffs), Tech, Gaither, Chamberlain, and Wiregrass; all playoff teams. Plus, they beat Plant, who almost qualified and who nobody thought would be mediocre prior to the season. So 9 of their 13 games have been against playoff opponents. This is far from an easy schedule. They also played two 5 & 5 squads in Jefferson and Plant City. They're only real cupcake game was East Bay, who ended up 2 and 8.

Can any of the Lakeland fans on this board explain why Castle/Lakeland seemingly abandoned the run game?   Yeah, I know Armwood has a pair of 300-pound defensive tackles and I know they have speed on the edges.  But Bowman is one of the best backs in the country.  According to the Ledger, he had 10 carries for 79 yards in the first half (including a 46-yard TD run) and finished the game with 13 carries for 82 yards.  By my math, that means he only had 3 carries for 3 yards in the second half.  Three carries!  That's one possession. 

Armwood scored by completing a pair of the jump ball passes thrown to Hall. That's their strength.  The first half proved that Bowman could hit the big one if you give him enough carries. 

Whatever happened to the old idea of 'dance with the one that brought you?'