Gaither gonna bust Escambia's ass! What say you?

Vaquero

I've watched a little film looking ahead of Lake Minneola (blow out) and Escambia has a solid team. But nothing I watched we havent seen and STOPED thus far. THEY SURE AS SHIT AINT ARMWOOD! Maybe my opinion will change after more tape but right now i got GAITHER VS CENTRAL in the Final!!! 

Do you know what the travel itinerary will look like?  Six hours on a bus is a shit trip. 

Only way it won’t affect them it is if they drive up Thursday spend the night and then get a hotel for Friday as well,  so they don’t have to check out at 11 and go find stuff to do to waste time until the night. 

Who is paying for this trip?  The profits from all of the playoff games I assume.  This is like driving to Atlanta.  I suspect it will cost well over $10,000 

44 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Do you know what the travel itinerary will look like?  Six hours on a bus is a shit trip. 

Only way it won’t affect them it is if they drive up Thursday spend the night and then get a hotel for Friday as well,  so they don’t have to check out at 11 and go find stuff to do to waste time until the night. 

Who is paying for this trip?  The profits from all of the playoff games I assume.  This is like driving to Atlanta.  I suspect it will cost well over $10,000 

Put that cost on the parents. Leave Wed night. Do TDay in Pensacola. If even half of the team can pull it off, it's a huge help.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Put that cost on the parents. Leave Wed night. Do TDay in Pensacola. If even half of the team can pull it off, it's a huge help.

It’s a public school, they won’t  make the parents do that. I’m sure they will ask for donations and fund raise some money. 

They should be able to use profit from the 3 home playoff gates to offset costs. I know they had to give the FHSAA their cut because the higher ups at the FHSAA need to gas up their yachts, and yacht gas ain’t cheap!!! 

So the leftover they got, they can use to offset the costs. 

We made the trip from the Orlando area to the panhandle in 2014.  Cost us about 12k to stay over night and feed the team for 2 days.  Luckily we had donations that covered the cost. It's a long trip but if you do it right you will be fine.  The trip back after the game really sucks especially if you lose on a last second field goal.  Bring a pillow.  Good luck Gaither

14 hours ago, Vaquero said:

I've watched a little film looking ahead of Lake Minneola (blow out) and Escambia has a solid team. But nothing I watched we havent seen and STOPED thus far. THEY SURE AS SHIT AINT ARMWOOD! Maybe my opinion will change after more tape but right now i got GAITHER VS CENTRAL in the Final!!! 

So what's your prediction on the final score ?

10 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Headed up the day before. Not sure about Friday night yet.

I've been watching different games on YouTube today trying to get a feel for some of the teams I haven't seen much. I originally thought Escambia would roll Gaither but now I'm not so sure about that. That bus trip to Escambia can't be overlooked but on film Escambia looks beatable. I think it might be a pretty good game. I'll say 24-20 Gaither.

You all need to stop complaining about the trip to Pensacola. The Pensacola teams have been going the other way for years. As for the cost it's just part of advancing in the playoffs. I am just glad to hear a team from down South has to make to the trip up to the Panhandle. As for Escambia they are better than you all think. This is not their first rodeo, the coach knows how to win and get his players ready to play.

I expect a close game. Escambia hasn't faced a pass happy offense like Gaither all season and I'm curious to see how the secondary holds up. 

Offensively Escambia has playmakers but I'm almost certain #1 the RB will also be playing LB and #7 WR will play some DB so hopefully they can last the whole game. 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

FWIW Escambia is 9-1 at home in the playoffs versus teams from Tally or eastward. 

Pine Forest is 13-0 at home in the playoffs over the past 40 years versus teams from Tally or east.

It is tough for teams to travel to Pensacola and win.

What about the opposite direction for non state championship games?

On 11/24/2019 at 12:01 AM, Vaquero said:

You still feel the same way after this game ? Armwood lost tonight as well. 

I don't know even where to start....

The 1100 miles i put on sucked so much ass oh my lord. Thank goodness the boys went up the day before. Heard they had a solid walk thru at Pensacola HS day of (big shot out to that staff/admin for allowing us out there) and heard they were loose and ready to go. 

I said they were a solid team and the more film i watched confirmed that. Their d-line was as advertised and are just a hair behind Armwoods dline imo.  Their o-line got better as the game went on and they mauled us 4th quarter.  That BEAST of a rb was by far the best back we faced all year. We've been solid against the run all year but he was on a whole nother level from a physicality stand point Friday night. 

Six picks from our QB. Four the first half. Hard to overcome by any team. Our lack of run game all season imo was our downfall. Live by the pass.....die by the pass. Gators came to play to shut down the pass/screen game and did it well. I haven't seen the tape yet but i cant imagine we ran it more than 10 times all game. 

21-7 at the half. At one point i felt the momentum switched after a strip 6 brining the score to i think 28-21 in the 3rd but the wheels fell off shortly after. 

The officiating....lord have mercy. I think they all went to Escambia HS during the Emmit Smith days b/c it 'felt' very one sided. Id love to hear from anyone that watched it what they thought. We had a clear targeting helmet to helmet in the 3rd or 4th. I was on the same line of sight as the ref. He was maybe 5 yards away. The cowboy player spent the night in the hospital. He fell trying to walk off the field and collapsed shortly after the game. Taken by ambulance to the ER. Another bodyslam after the whistle right in front of the same ref and again no call (that might of happened before the non targeting call i dont remember). Way too many penalties. Some, we were def guilty of but i dont think as many as were thrown.

Delay of games/wasted time outs b/c of it (insert vomit emoji) Issue all year. QB runs to the sideline for the call EVERY PLAY!!! SMH

Escambia might have played their most complete game all year. We clearly did not and deserved to lose the game. Congrats to those boys and coachs. Ill tell you what though...if they can pull out another game like that, they'll bring it to Central!! This is def not a easy win for Central. They better come prepared b/c them Gators are Chomping right now. 

Gaither does return 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball so we should be in good shape next year.......But, if any RB's are looking for a change of scenery we got spots open :)

Good luck to everyone still playing. 

36 minutes ago, Vaquero said:

The officiating....lord have mercy. I think they all went to Escambia HS during the Emmit Smith days b/c it 'felt' very one sided. Id love to hear from anyone that watched it what they thought. We had a clear targeting helmet to helmet in the 3rd or 4th. I was on the same line of sight as the ref. He was maybe 5 yards away. The cowboy player spent the night in the hospital. He fell trying to walk off the field and collapsed shortly after the game. Taken by ambulance to the ER. Another bodyslam after the whistle right in front of the same ref and again no call (that might of happened before the non targeting call i dont remember). Way too many penalties. Some, we were def guilty of but i dont think as many as were thrown.

Vaquero, what problems/issues did you have with the officiating? Ha HA I beat you to the punch Jambun! 

Gaither had a lot of penalties and I'm not sure what was going on late in the game. Lack of a running game really hurt them and the QB was running for his life most of the night.

Escambia had their fair share of penalties and should have been called for a late hit/ targeting in the 3rd. That's really the only one that stood out besides the penalties late in the game. 

That crew was not for Escambia they are awful every week. The one call that was big to me is when they called your lb for a personal foul when all he did is stumble over the Escambia player after making a great tackle. It was right after GHS had brought it back to a one possession game, it was on third down, and if GHS gets the ball then they had a shot. The white hat called it from 40 yards away and it was a bad call, imo. A few plays later Escambia scored and the game was basically over.

I know it is hard for you to believe but Escambia is capable of play MUCH better offensively. With your online it was a bad matchup for you. Escambia can be beat with misdirection if your big enough to play them upfront which you are not. I will give you guys credit with the physical mismatch upfront I thought you pass block really well.

22 hours ago, Vaquero said:

I don't know even where to start....

The 1100 miles i put on sucked so much ass oh my lord. Thank goodness the boys went up the day before. Heard they had a solid walk thru at Pensacola HS day of (big shot out to that staff/admin for allowing us out there) and heard they were loose and ready to go. 

I said they were a solid team and the more film i watched confirmed that. Their d-line was as advertised and are just a hair behind Armwoods dline imo.  Their o-line got better as the game went on and they mauled us 4th quarter.  That BEAST of a rb was by far the best back we faced all year. We've been solid against the run all year but he was on a whole nother level from a physicality stand point Friday night. 

Six picks from our QB. Four the first half. Hard to overcome by any team. Our lack of run game all season imo was our downfall. Live by the pass.....die by the pass. Gators came to play to shut down the pass/screen game and did it well. I haven't seen the tape yet but i cant imagine we ran it more than 10 times all game. 

21-7 at the half. At one point i felt the momentum switched after a strip 6 brining the score to i think 28-21 in the 3rd but the wheels fell off shortly after. 

Delay of games/wasted time outs b/c of it (insert vomit emoji) Issue all year. QB runs to the sideline for the call EVERY PLAY!!! SMH

Escambia might have played their most complete game all year. We clearly did not and deserved to lose the game. Congrats to those boys and coachs. Ill tell you what though...if they can pull out another game like that, they'll bring it to Central!! This is def not a easy win for Central. They better come prepared b/c them Gators are Chomping right now. 

Gaither does return 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball so we should be in good shape next year.......But, if any RB's are looking for a change of scenery we got spots open :)

Good luck to everyone still playing. 

Vaquero, thank you for your very through post about the game and the officiating. It sounded as if the Gaither Cowboys had some legitimate gripes about the officials. Were there any other issues with the officiating that you would like to share?