Biggest Crowd

gatorman-uf

The home side (south) holds around 6,000. The visitors (north) around 4,000. The current 30 year stadium leaseholder and the city want to add 5,000 permanent new seats when they can find the money. Bethune-Cookman College numbers during several Homecoming games has been in the 12-14,000 range. They use portable end zone seating, and the cattle like fencing (Saturday's Orlando Jones side) we saw in the 5A afternoon contest. My biggest complaint has always been access to and from the stadium. Consolidated Tomoka, the largest area landholder, just recently donated several surrounding acres for future (2020?) parking. But two lane LPGA Boulevard is the only access to enter or leave the facility. And to make matters worse it isn't on any governmental fast track for widening. The whole area is blowing up with city approved development with congestion issues being pushed down the road as an afterthought. We've always done things like that here. Development never pays for itself, we the tax payers do, later on.

20 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I arrived at the stadium for the night game at around 4:15-4:30 pm, and there was still bumper-to-bumper traffic of Northwestern fans not only on LPGA Blvd. but also heading east on ISB.

Jam, you never worked those big Mainland/Seabreeze games in the early 2000's ?  Cars were still lining LPGA to get in at halftime and that's with 7-8,000 attendance. In the old championship days here they had triple game Saturday.  "WHAT A CLUSTER "F."  Gatorman asked for a double game on Friday instead of a Wednesday night game. Sounds like a reasonable request, right. Wrong !! LPGA Blvd. has always been a heavily traveled bypass for locale workers around the inner city's congestion. Friday afternoon traffic is a speeding bumper to bumper mess getting home.  

10 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

1A: 4,229
2A: 963
3A:  2,832
4A: 1,910
5A: 9,522
6A: 2,233
7A: 5,248
8A: 6,631
Total: 33,568 FINAL

Pretty darn good actually.

Now to be honest, FHSAA lucked out a lot. 3 Orlando area schools less than an hour away, 3 traditional Miami powerhouses (Central, MNW, BTW). In Tallahassee, you had Madison and a local school in Florida (FSU) High. Overall, the teams playing on the days they were playing is as good as you could get. I still believe that a Wednesday night game is bad and the game should be moved to Friday afternoon. Beyond that, pretty good.

2007    52,750
2008    36,087
2009    33,008
2010    33,653
2011    27,164
2012    29,953
2013    25,603
2014    28,062
2015    29,078
2016    33,082
2017    30,719
2018    30,466.5 (1A attendance is unknown so I averaged the previous two years of 1A attendance)

Other than the first 2 years in Orlando were had as much to do with great Miami Northwestern teams as did anything else. Population would be the highest since 2010, not bad overall.

The Orlando and Miami turnout made the numbers better then what this naysayer expected. Now if we can sign up the same teams next year.... Daytona Stadium has been leased out by the city to a couple of enterprising brothers for the next 30 years. The Panaggio pair, Mike being the CEO, run a mini starting version of IMG called DME here in the Daytona area. They've been very aggressive and focused to grow their school and to bring sports entertainment to the area. This old pessimist wishes the out-of-towners well just as the many others who have come before them. They have already put the area on notice that governmental ($$$) and community ($$$) support is needed if this is to be a viable sports mecca. To be continued........    

2 hours ago, Wavebb said:

But no room for a disabled Army Vet in a wheel chair.  I knew none of you would respond to my post.   

I am sorry Wavebb, I did not see your post until now. You are right about inadequate handicapped, I use that word instead of disabled, facilities. That is one of several problems that need to be hashed out for the future, including the scoreboard issues during the 8A and 7A games which has been an issue all season long.

Texas State Championship for largest two classifications... 83,069 fans showed up. Florida is just not on the same level as Texas in terms of community support. 

http://texashsfootball.com/6a-championship-crowds-epitomize-majesty-of-texas-high-school-football/?fbclid=IwAR0d9-8bsbQXV0TvENKyJLrn356SE5Q3sxdnpttI5dbBUmOu0EmfTRIXz2k

Does anyone know how much of the Championship game ticket revenue actually goes back to the schools that participate?

I’ve heard that the FHSAA take 50% and each school gets 25% each. Not sure if that is correct??

I think the ticket cost were $12.00 pre game and $15.00 at the gate.