Underdog Steinbrenner routed

Favored Armwood loses

Gaither travels far and loses game to Escambia

Palmetto outplayed Central and should of won, but couldn't hang on (went to this one; watched from sidelines)

Jesuit loses, but puts up better fight than I thought

Lakewood loses nail biter to Booker T

CCC dominated as usual by Chaminade

Seffner Christian puts up great fight but loses to Champagnat

Next year....

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Favored Armwood loses

Palmetto outplayed Central and should of won, but couldn't hang on (went to this one; watched from sidelines)

Next year....

Still a great year for Tampa Bay football. You came up short at the end, but (7 or 8) teams in the semis if you count Palmetto, is nothing to sneeze at and tops all major metro areas in the state. Steinbrenner gave it their best shot, but in the end, Apopka's very strong defense got to them and kept their QB from having time to throw with his usual consistency. 

Central is very beatable. Clog the middle and make sure you tackle well because two of their three running backs have ridiculous balance and when you think you've tackled them they will break free and get 20 yards or more  Their passing game is mediocre at best. They wait for somebody to run wide open and then try to hit him. The defense is athletic but was susceptible to timing passing and hard running get over now.

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Favored Armwood loses

Next year....

You think palmetto outplayed Central.. They only scored 21 on offense  n got pounded on the ground .. But it was a good game..

2 hours ago, Phfootball9 said:

Travel had nothing to do with Gaither's loss. In warmups you knew they did not have the horses to match up with this years Escambia team. BTW I am no fan of Escambia, but they have a real shot this year.

Gaither definitely didn't pass the eye test nor were they physical. Escambia bulled them just like they did Washington. 

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

You think palmetto outplayed Central.. They only scored 21 on offense  n got pounded on the ground .. But it was a good game..

they outplayed him in the most important part to the game but fell apart on the last drive. I thought they deserved to win. But to Central credit they pulled it out. Central is a great program.

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

Favored Armwood loses

Next year....

The only Tampa team that fell on their face over and over this season was Plant.  

4 hours ago, Phfootball9 said:

Travel had nothing to do with Gaither's loss. In warmups you knew they did not have the horses to match up with this years Escambia team. BTW I am no fan of Escambia, but they have a real shot this year.

You are correct to a point. The travel had nothing to do with the loss. But having home field advantage did help Escambia. That running back became hard to tackle with 8 minutes left in the 4th, with the score 27-21. At one point the running back's jersey was torn and was forced to leave the game but Escambia called a time out so he could change his jersey. All they did was strip another Escambia player of his jersey, Felt bad for the kid. Escambia will do well, I hope they win states.   

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

they outplayed him in the most important part to the game but fell apart on the last drive. I thought they deserved to win. But to Central credit they pulled it out. Central is a great program.

I don’t get it.. how you outplay somebody but give up over 500 ups with 350 Yds on the ground which most of them runs came from the middle ? I’m giving palmetto credit but outplayed? N you only score 21 point on offense? Can’t say they outplayed Central... 

16 hours ago, USMCRet said:

The only Tampa team that fell on their face over and over this season was Plant.  

Plant routinely gets this far every year in the playoffs. When Gaither does this for 15 years in a row I'll be impressed. Nice run, but Gaither has no room for any arrogance until they actually win something.

58 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Plant routinely gets this far every year in the playoffs. When Gaither does this for 15 years in a row I'll be impressed. Nice run, but Gaither has no room for any arrogance until they actually win something.

Noone is being arrogant but these Tampa teams had a tremendous YEAR but when you try to blast Tampa teams for not making the big game, someone has to step in and remind Plant is not the only team in Tampa. Plant should be proud that Tampa teams want to play them to measure themselves. You state that Plant gets this far in the playoffs every year and have been doing it "routinely", please remind us since 2011 what has Plant accomplished? Everyone in Tampa knows why Plant is successful, those apartment leases ended for lots of kids in Nov time to renew them. I wonder what the registration office is looking like or will be looking like in the next month or so.

Believe me I felt bad for Plant for not winning more games, it would of helped Gaither, they would have had home field advantage, it would of made a difference. 

4 hours ago, USMCRet said:

Noone is being arrogant but these Tampa teams had a tremendous YEAR but when you try to blast Tampa teams for not making the big game, someone has to step in and remind Plant is not the only team in Tampa. Plant should be proud that Tampa teams want to play them to measure themselves. You state that Plant gets this far in the playoffs every year and have been doing it "routinely", please remind us since 2011 what has Plant accomplished? Everyone in Tampa knows why Plant is successful, those apartment leases ended for lots of kids in Nov time to renew them. I wonder what the registration office is looking like or will be looking like in the next month or so.

Believe me I felt bad for Plant for not winning more games, it would of helped Gaither, they would have had home field advantage, it would of made a difference. 

Let's discuss your post:

1. I  was extremely happy that as many Tampa teams got as far as they did. But they all fell flat on their face in the fourth round. Just a fact. That's why I said go get them next year.

2. Nothing to hide here. Here is Plant's playoff record since 2011. 

2011 8A Champs- Beat 4th ranked (nationally) Miramar

2016 7A Runner Up- Loss to STA

2017 State Semis- Loss to B. T.

2013 State Semis- loss to Apopka

2018 3rd Round- Loss to Lakeland

2015 2nd Round- Loss-  Lakeland

2014 2nd Round- Loss- Dr. P.

2012 2nd Round-  Loss- Dr. P.

No first round losses. 3rd round or more 5 times. Pretty damn good. Blows away every team in our area except for Armwood, who also routinely gets beat in the late rounds.

3 Plant wins because of transfers only?

Laughable. All teams get transfers. See EVERY S. Fla. power, Armwood, etc. Pretty much every school that has won consistently at a very high level. Plant actually suffers from the transfer rules bc it's an "A" school in an expensive area that is at capacity. That means very few football transfers, especially now in the era of open transfers. I'm not going to be a hypocrite, because clearly Plant has had transfers. But they win because of coaching and buying in from the kids. There have beaten and dominated many, many teams over the years that had much, much more talent than they've had. 

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Let's discuss your post:

1. I  was extremely happy that as many Tampa teams got as far as they did. But they all fell flat on their face in the fourth round. Just a fact. That's why I said go get them next year.

2. Nothing to hide here. Here is Plant's playoff record since 2011. 

2011 8A Champs- Beat 4th ranked (nationally) Miramar

2016 7A Runner Up- Loss to STA

2017 State Semis- Loss to B. T.

2013 State Semis- loss to Apopka

2018 3rd Round- Loss to Lakeland

2015 2nd Round- Loss-  Lakeland

2014 2nd Round- Loss- Dr. P.

2012 2nd Round-  Loss- Dr. P.

No first round losses. 3rd round or more 5 times. Pretty damn good. Blows away every team in our area except for Armwood, who also routinely gets beat in the late rounds.

3 Plant wins because of transfers only?

Laughable. All teams get transfers. See EVERY S. Fla. power, Armwood, etc. Pretty much every school that has won consistently at a very high level. Plant actually suffers from the transfer rules bc it's an "A" school in an expensive area that is at capacity. That means very few football transfers, especially now in the era of open transfers. I'm not going to be a hypocrite, because clearly Plant has had transfers. But they win because of coaching and buying in from the kids. There have beaten and dominated many, many teams over the years that had much, much more talent than they've had.

I actually went back to re-read your post, not once did you mention "go get them next year." We all know what you were trying to imply.  You also stated that "plant routinely gets this far every year in the playoffs," I read it as in Plant always makes it to the state semi's yearly which was not true, you proved it in your post.

Everyone knows Plant routinely gets to the 2nd round and beyond; and will more than likely be a power house again next year due Plant's recruiting and of course kids living situations. You know that it is easier for Plant to get transfers in, those apartment buildings are starting to fill up again, lol. 

My only point in all this was how you worded your the title of the post.  Sometimes people get bitter when other schools start making noise. In the end no one will give a crap how far you went unless you win rings, and in Tampa, Plant has that over everyone else.