Better Game to Go to

gatorman-uf

My thoughts:

1. Closeness of the game - I believe the variance of possible outcomes is narrower in the Jones/Northwestern game. In that game the bulls are the favorite, and I am leaning towards a victory for them in the range of 7-17 points. I hope the tigers can prove me wrong, but I am inclined to think MNW will have a bit too much. Jones has the athletes to compete and it will be tight for the first half. In the second, MNW probably pulls away. On the other hand, the variance in the St Thomas/Edgewater game could be anything from a STA blowout (that is the conventional wisdom) to Edgewater pulling a close upset which would be the second time in as many games they will have to do this.

2. Crowd support - I expect the stands to be packed for the first game (Jones/MNW). MNW always travels well and this is Jones's first trip to states, so I expect their fans will turn out in droves. For the second game, Edgewater should travel well, and I feel many of the Jones fans will stay for the second game, especially if Jones manages to pull out the win in game one. However, STA has only drawn decent, but not really big crowds, in recent times. So the first game should be better attended as I don't expect too many bulls fans to stay and support STA. 

3. If there is a half time show, and that appeals to you, game one is the obvious choice!

5 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Proud of our Orlando teams, regardless of final outcome. Edgewater and Jones will be underdogs, but both are very talented with players who are game breakers. Apopka probably stands the best chance of bringing a title to Orlando.

and probably the third best team of the 3.  No disrespect to Apopka they are playing well at the right time, got a great coaching staff and they are healthy. They have a great shot at winning a state title but Jones and Edgewater are probably better teams.  However both run into juggernauts in the finals.  I don't see Edgewater or Jones coming close.  I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see Jones and Edgewater play well.

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

I don't see Edgewater or Jones coming close.  I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see Jones and Edgewater play well.

I have more confidence in Edgewater pulling an upset than Jones. I think Jones will score and keep it close for awhile, but will run out of gas in the end. I, too, hope I am wrong regarding Jones. Regarding Apopka, at this stage of the season, I feel they are playing on par with Jones and probably Edgewater, but certainly have a more beatable opponent in the finals than their Orange County counterparts. 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

and probably the third best team of the 3.  No disrespect to Apopka they are playing well at the right time, got a great coaching staff and they are healthy. They have a great shot at winning a state title but Jones and Edgewater are probably better teams.  However both run into juggernauts in the finals.  I don't see Edgewater or Jones coming close.  I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see Jones and Edgewater play well.

I have to agree that Edgewater and Jones are more explosive and probably a little better than Apopka; Jones' only loss is to Edgewater. The kids from Apopka have really put it together the second half of the season and the playoffs. I will throw an atta-boy out to my Bishop Moore team whose only losses to Florida schools have been Edgewater (once) and Jones (twice) in hard fought away games.