Private School State Titles

OldSchoolLion

9 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Duval, Broward and Palm Beach  are the 3 counties.  Which has the most private school state titles?

Going with Duval

Bolles, UC and TCA I believe combined have over 30 between them

On the flip side Duval only has 2 publics who have won state titles with only 1 having multiple

Raines 3X

Mandarin 1X

Answers below

Duval County-27 private school titles

Bolles-11

University Christian-9

Trinity Christian-7

Broward County-21 private school titles

STA-10

Chaminade-Madonna-4

AH Plantation-4

Cardinal Gibbons-1

University-1

Westminster-1 

Palm Beach County-14 private school titles

Glades Day-7 

AH Delray-4

Benjamin-2

Jupiter Christian-2

57 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Answers below

Duval County-27 private school titles

Bolles-11

University Christian-9

Trinity Christian-7

Broward County-21 private school titles

STA-10

Chaminade-Madonna-4

AH Plantation-4

Cardinal Gibbons-1

University-1

Westminster-1 

Palm Beach County-14 private school titles

Glades Day-7 

AH Delray-4

Benjamin-2

Jupiter Christian-2

Ironically, Palm Beach still has more public than private titles unlike Duval and Broward.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Going with Duval

Bolles, UC and TCA I believe combined have over 30 between them

On the flip side Duval only has 2 publics who have won state titles with only 1 having multiple

Raines 3X

Mandarin 1X

Those three have been poaching talent from the Gateway schools for decades, which, except for a few instances, is one of the reasons why they do not schedule games against them.  It is the number one reason why the Gateway (DCPS) schools in general have had very little success at the state level.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, shredstar said:

Those three have been poaching talent from the Gateway schools for decades, which, except for a few instances, is one of the reasons why they do not schedule games against them.  It is the number one reason why the Gateway (DCPS) schools in general have had very little success at the state level.

It is certainly not the number one reason why Gateway schools have had very little success. It has much more to do with a lack of coaching stability (often times due to incompetent administration, for instance the Jackson coach Atwater being fired after greatly improving the team)

20 hours ago, Jags904 said:

It is certainly not the number one reason why Gateway schools have had very little success. It has much more to do with a lack of coaching stability (often times due to incompetent administration, for instance the Jackson coach Atwater being fired after greatly improving the team)

Yep, that too.  Most schools are a coaching merry-go-round.  Doesn't help that they are expected to coach for nothing more than teacher pay and a small stipend.  Moving administrators from school to school has always been a problem with DCPS for as long as I can remember.  Nothing is ever consistent.  In fact, DCPS is just a complete train wreck from the top down.  I guess it all contributes.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, shredstar said:

Yep, that too.  Most schools are a coaching merry-go-round.  Doesn't help that they are expected to coach for nothing more than teacher pay and a small stipend.  Moving administrators from school to school has always been a problem with DCPS for as long as I can remember.  Nothing is ever consistent.  In fact, DCPS is just a complete train wreck from the top down.  I guess it all contributes.

Yes it is. They do a complete disservice to the kids, I feel so bad for them.