escambia gators vs miami central

GOVENOR

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I actually think this could be a very good game. Central has a very good running game, but they are not unbeatable. It is hard for me to evaluate Escambia as there is no "free video" available. But they are undefeated and Palmetto did give Central a great game last week. 

Actually there is darter, i found a few of their previous games broadcasted

I think they had 3 regular season games on YouTube and had the Lee game on Facebook because I watched the Lee vs Escambia game

On 12/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, skyway said:

Smart money would be on Central. Seems very unlikely Escambia can stop or even slow the Central running game.

Why do you think it's unlikely for Escambia to contain Central running game ? All 3 of their RB do look legit, the OL continues to be their strength and the QB looks good and accurate so I do think Escambia defense will have their work cut out for them tonight. 

I agree it's smart money to go with Central but Escambia has a great shot to win this game. Hopefully the QB can limit bad throws so Escambia doesn't lean too heavy on their running game. It's a 1 man running game and I'm sure he'll be playing both ways. 

I'm anxious to see the team from the Panhandle play against the Dade County powerhouse and in the end hopefully earn some respect for the area.

9 hours ago, uncleluke23 said:

Why do you think it's unlikely for Escambia to contain Central running game ? All 3 of their RB do look legit, the OL continues to be their strength and the QB looks good and accurate so I do think Escambia defense will have their work cut out for them tonight. 

I agree it's smart money to go with Central but Escambia has a great shot to win this game. Hopefully the QB can limit bad throws so Escambia doesn't lean too heavy on their running game. It's a 1 man running game and I'm sure he'll be playing both ways. 

I'm anxious to see the team from the Panhandle play against the Dade County powerhouse and in the end hopefully earn some respect for the area.

Very few teams have the personnel up front to match up with the Central OL and backs. And, with 4 fast WRs spread out and a decent passer, you can't load the box consistently. This is what I would have said had I been able to reply earlier. Of course, by now, you probably can see with your own eyes.

2 minutes ago, skyway said:

Three-hundred two (302) rushing yards in the 1st half for MC. And, because Escambia managed 19 points, we're still a ways from the running clock. MC may go over 500 rushing yards...

Well it was fun while it lasted lol. I did say Escambia defense would have their hands full but man 300 rushing yards in the 1st half is something I didn't imagine happening. 

Escambia offense moving the ball and the kick returns have really helped get them in the endzone. That 5-2 defense was a great gameplan by Central. 

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

You found out by who.  Miami Central might have had a down year but they are way to athletic for Escambia.  Escambia still had a great year. 

Way too athletic ? A team like Niceville or Baker going up against Madison County, Dwyer, Armwood etc in previous years yea I see the difference but not tonight.

Escambia offense could have scored more if WR #7 didn't get injured early in the game. Still wouldn't of mattered cuz the defense is physically outmatched.

The Rocket OL domination was a thing of beauty. They were throwing blocks down field 10,20,30,40+ yards. Sure they have great RB's, but the motors on that front 5 or 6 was a text book example of giving 100%. Any H.C.,O.C., or O.L. coach in Florida that can't learn from this title game video needs to be in another line of work.....Wizards, keep it simple.  #hometowndig 

Escambia would qualify as an excellent, perhaps legendary, team per the standards of the 1980s or 90s. Before the trend of mass consolidation of area talent on a few teams, Escambia would have been a state champion mentioned as arguably the best team in their school's history. But they, along with, frankly, all of the other teams in those days, are no match for a team as loaded with Dade county's best players like Central is in recent years. They'd need to raid Pine Forest's roster to have a chance to beat a team like Miami Central.

2 minutes ago, skyway said:

Escambia would qualify as an excellent, perhaps legendary, team per the standards of the 1980s or 90s. Before the trend of mass consolidation of area talent on a few teams, Escambia would have been a state champion mentioned as arguably the best team in their school's history. But they, along with, frankly, all of the other teams in those days, are no match for a team as loaded with Dade county's best players like Central is in recent years. They'd need to raid Pine Forest's roster to have a chance to beat a team like Miami Central.

So are you saying if all the talent in the area went to one school and the right coaching staff, Pensacola would make it's presence felt at the championship on a consistent basis ?