Columbiafan Statewide top 100 final poll

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Gaither beat plant by 7 at home

Steinbrenner beat plant on the road by 49

In week 2

Gaither was a young team that improved a great deal as the season went on, eventually beating Tampa Bay Tech in week 9 and hanging with Armwood in a 14-0 loss in week 11.

0-5 Plant coming off a beatdown at the hands of Gonzaga had already thrown in the towel by the time they played Steinbrenner.

13 hours ago, ExplorerHomer said:

Columbus beat Osceola on the road.

You are correct, my apologies. 21-17 Columbus victory

But still, Steinbrenner did the same to Osceola in even more convincing fashion than the supposedly #6 team in the state according to columbiafan :rolleyes:

My point remains, 8A was completely devoid of elite teams this season and its best barely cracks the top 20 in the state

30 minutes ago, Lurker1 said:

You are correct, my apologies. 21-17 Columbus victory

But still, Steinbrenner did the same to Osceola in even more convincing fashion than the supposedly #6 team in the state according to columbiafan :rolleyes:

My point remains, 8A was completely devoid of elite teams this season and its best barely cracks the top 20 in the state

Hey if you don't like my poll your welcome to post your own

I definitely love feedback and I do take feedback into account for future polls but I will say that this season I've been the ONLY poster doing my own poll, we used to have 3-5 others doing one but not this year

If you feel you can do a better one then by all means please do one, maybe doing so will help my future polls and give me another perspective to look at

On 12/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, Lurker1 said:

Every single 8A team is waaayyy overrated in your rankings. 8A was a joke this year and by far the weakest large class in the state. I somewhat agree with the order you have for 8A, but every team belongs much further down the state rankings.

Columbus belongs no higher than #17. Every single south florida team #1-16 has a better resume, as well as Palmetto and Lakewood who took Miami Central and BTW respectively down to the wire (the same BTW that beat Columbus by 3 TDs while pulling their starters in the 4th quarter). Columbus got waxed by University 35-0 for god sakes. University!!!

And Apopka? They lost decisively to the only top 15 team they played (Jones) who in turn lost decisively to both the elite teams they played.

Honestly Deerfield Beach was probably the best team in 8A, but had to pull their annual playoff choke. Not to say their resume was particularly impressive, 8A was just that bone dry of top teams this year.

TBT at #90 is complete joke, they took Lakeland down to the wire, and their 4 losses were all to good teams.

Say what you want about Lakeland losing to Armwood who in turn lost to Edgewater (then to STA), but tbh I think a combination of Edgewater peaking at the right time along with Armwood hungover from their high of beating Lakeland in the TB super bowl while making them overconfident thinking they'd walk over Edgewater resulted in the outcome of that game.

If Armwood and Edgewater play 10 games, there is no doubt in my mind Armwood wins 7 (+/- 1) of them. I mean come on, does anyone seriously think that Lincoln and Niceville play Edgewater more competitively on the road from the panhandle (like they did) than Armwood at home under normal circumstances? Anyone who says yes is lying and they know it

Armwood slept on Edgewater, and the Eagles made them pay. Simple as that.

Weaker than 1A really are 8a teams all under 6 foot. Are they slow as crap, and under weight. Do they have no football skill. 1a is a joke and should not be allowed in Florida. Except for a few teams.

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Weaker than 1A really are 8a teams all under 6 foot. Are they slow as crap, and under weight. Do they have no football skill. 1a is a joke and should not be allowed in Florida. Except for a few teams.

Well he said weakest large Classification

1a is not a large Classification but yes 1a is by far weakest class overall