Florida tournament 2019 season

DisabledAccount

Here are some pre tournament rules for the brackets

1. Every game will be treated as a neutral site game as there was no seeding

2. The underlined games will be the games in the current round

3. Games are treated as if it's happening after the conclusion of the season (meaning any games that happen in the tournament that occured during the season would be treated as a previous game, so if a team played once during season already treat the game as the second matchup in the tournament or if they played twice during the season treat the tournament game as the third game between the teams)

4. The winners of the 8 regions will advance to the southern region bracket of the national tournament which will also be hosted by 792 sports

Brackets will be released below but game voting won't be until Friday but feel free to comment your thoughts on the opening matchups, we will publish the links to the voting once the poll is open 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kf9mEYlI3l3J2gn4WB_XC1PLpAU0kWTj1AJAvxMQy_8/edit?usp=drivesdk

For those who haven't seen our previous tournaments this is a hypothetical tournament where we vote on who would win each matchup to determine the best team in Florida

This year we will host it as a fan vote and whichever team has the most votes at end of each round in their matchup advances to the next round of the tournament

On 1/1/2020 at 11:40 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

For those who haven't seen our previous tournaments this is a hypothetical tournament where we vote on who would win each matchup to determine the best team in Florida

This year we will host it as a fan vote and whichever team has the most votes at end of each round in their matchup advances to the next round of the tournament

Can I play, and how do I make my picks

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Can I play, and how do I make my picks

You sure can 

Once the matchups are released tomorrow I'll be having a poll on Twitter from 792 sports and you can pick the winners from there, I'll probably post links to each game once they get released but I did post the bracket early so people can get a rough idea what matchups to expect or even could see down the line

Madison faces 2a state champs champagnat in the first round of the tournament

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You sure can 

Once the matchups are released tomorrow I'll be having a poll on Twitter from 792 sports and you can pick the winners from there, I'll probably post links to each game once they get released but I did post the bracket early so people can get a rough idea what matchups to expect or even could see down the line

Madison faces 2a state champs champagnat in the first round of the tournament

Thanks, I know easy win for Madison, there offense is multiple formations. But Miami central gonna destroy them.

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

how do we vote

The link posted above leads to the Twitter post where all the games are listed with their polls on

The goal was to open up the voting to more people in the football community and put all the voting in one place instead of having multiple voting locations like we did in the past 

49 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Could you post the matchups on here?

Hialeah vs Tampa Catholic

Bishop Verot vs South Dade

Lincoln vs Steinbrenner 

Florida High vs Miami Edison

Champagnat Catholic vs Madison County

Berkeley Prep vs Pine Forest

Palmetto vs North Miami Beach

Chamberlain vs Lake Gibson

Oakleaf vs University Christian

Fleming Island vs Benjamin

American Heritage Delray vs McArthur

Rockledge vs Timber Creek

Palm Beach Central vs Calvary Christian

Dunnellon vs Trinity Christian Academy

Palm Beach Lakes vs Deland

Osceola vs South Sumter

27 minutes ago, Perspective said:

And let us know when and where the games are being played . . . I may want to try and catch one of the games.   :D

As stated above for those not familiar with the tournament in the past it's a hypothetical tournament (think of it as a off-season football discussion where we will value and identify the best in Florida and later the best in the nation through these tournaments)

Though since I didn't have time we will seed the tournament (or at least the Florida portion) as neural site games so treat the games as if they were neutral site

Also for any potential season/playoff rematches treat the games as if they happened at the end of the season so if they played twice during the season treat the tournament game as the third game between the schools, if they played once treat it as the second matchup

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hialeah vs Tampa Catholic

Bishop Verot vs South Dade

Lincoln vs Steinbrenner 

Florida High vs Miami Edison

Champagnat Catholic vs Madison County

Berkeley Prep vs Pine Forest

Palmetto vs North Miami Beach

Chamberlain vs Lake Gibson

Oakleaf vs University Christian

Fleming Island vs Benjamin

American Heritage Delray vs McArthur

Rockledge vs Timber Creek

Palm Beach Central vs Calvary Christian

Dunnellon vs Trinity Christian Academy

Palm Beach Lakes vs Deland

Osceola vs South Sumter

Escambia vs Carol City

Manatee vs Columbus

Columbia vs Lake Wales

Victory Christian vs Fort Myers

Jesuit vs Naples

Wakulla vs Sarasota Riverview 

Miami Palmetto vs Venice

Clearwater Central Catholic vs Gulliver Prep

American Heritage Plantation vs Dillard

Lee vs Viera

University School vs Bolles

Sanford Seminole vs Dr Phillips

Western vs Cocoa

Treasure Coast vs North Marion

Vanguard vs Bartram Trail

Deerfield Beach vs Plantation

Next round of poll is posted on Twitter, for those who don't have Twitter the games are posted below, you can leave picks in comment section

Miami Northwestern vs Tampa Catholic

Miami Washington vs South Dade

Lakewood vs Lincoln

Niceville vs Miami Edison

Miami Central vs Madison County

Lakeland vs Pine Forest

Armwood vs Palmetto

Gaither vs Chamberlain

St Thomas Aquinas  vs Oakleaf

Cardinal Gibbons vs Fleming Island

Jones vs McArthur

Vero Beach vs Rockledge