St Thomas Aquinas vs Miramar

STARaiders2014

Well this has been one of the more talked about games up until this point and it is finally here! STA and Miramar the game which Miramar has taken the past 3yrs in thrilling fashion comes around yet again. Both teams are hungry after a tough L to American Heritage for Miramar and a very tough L to Don Bosco Prep for the Raiders. I expect the Raiders to come out fired up looking to show that they are still the team to beat in 7A, however I also look for the Patriots to come out and show that they are not afraid of the Raiders. I think this could be one of the better games of the season regardless of talent these guys always have great games. Your thoughts? I'll give more analysis tomorrow 

Well, I'll be bold and give my two cents..... From what I understand Miramar made a switch at QB during Halftime of the American Heritage Plantation game.  I heard that the original QB is a pocket passer and had struggled a bit during the previous American Heritage Delray game and after another week of further evaluation they brought in a very mobile, elusive Junior (JV starter last year) to fill his shoes.  I am curious to see how Miramar/the new QB will react should they happen to go down 2 scores to St. Thomas.  Perhaps he also has a great arm but we all know playing catch up on the ground is an uphill battle vs through the air ( particularly against St. Thomas) .  Perhaps he passed and ran all over Plantation which is a great feat and deserving the starting the role vs. Plantation but every tackle he shook, juked and avoided is going to coming at him that split second faster which in my opinion might force a couple INTs.....those 18 yard gains last week now might be 4 yard gains.  I simply am not sold a Junior with the experience of 1 and 1/2 games starting is ready to beat St. Thomas.  Then again , I am the guy at home just sharing my opinion and this kid might be the next Geno Smith....Perhaps you also have to look at the revenge factor or does Miramar get into the Raiders heads and they start thinking this is still the one team in Broward that has our number???   If Miramar wins this game, I think you have special teams and their stout defense taking control.  Both teams are top 3 teams in Broward right now and we will know more Sat. evening .  Looking forward to see how this one turns out but I think St. Thomas has a little more yards through the air to put them over the hump and take this one in a low scoring affair:

St. Thomas: 20   Miramar: 16

No specifics on three suspended STA players but all are rumored to be defensive players...

Have not been in contact with people close to STA this week been a crazy week in my life havent kept up with it as much....anyone got names? If its defense then that is worrying. Also worrying is why they got suspended.....you cannot be doing stupid stuff!!!