2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Load it up.

Confirmed:

Armwood loses 5 star Hall to IMG

Rumors:

Armwood QB Ransom to Lakeland

Jesuit QB Kelly and RB Ricky Parks to Gaither

Steinbrenner RB Silas to Gaither

Have you heard this from outside of these boards? Because this (and the national board) is the only place I've heard it. I don't have any current, special connections to any of this stuff.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, nolebull813 said:

Whoa how do you leave an elite academic institution like Jesuit for a garbage ghetto school like Gaither? Talk about having your priorities out of whack.

my kid goes to Gaither and it sucks. Our old address is zoned for it so we let him go. We are pulling him out at the end of the year. He only goes because it’s close to my job and my little ones school. Not worth it 

Surprising that Gaither is now seen as a "ghetto" school. It opened when I was in high school and it had all of the Carrolwood Village and Northdale kids. How times have changed...

17 hours ago, Vaquero said:

Former Jesuit QB Kelly, RB Ricky Parks, and DB Jordan Young are currently Gaither students. Although i've heard the rumors too, Steinbrenner RB Silas is not at Gaither so far. 

Which to me is weird, at least for Parks. Both Gaither and Jesuit made it to the state semis last year. Parks leaves before his senior year to join a new squad that is arguably not as good as his former team. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Which to me is weird, at least for Parks. Both Gaither and Jesuit made it to the state semis last year. Parks leaves before his senior year to join a new squad that is arguably not as good as his former team. 

What makes it even more strange is that, allegedly, supposedly, the QB (Kelly) transferred because Jesuit didn't throw the ball enough, so he wasn't able to showcase his skills.   But if that's the case, the converse is true, meaning that they ran the ball too much.  This means that the RB's (like Parks) were the focus of the offense, so they wouldn't have any football reason for wanting to move (unless they were sharing touches too much for their own selfish reasons). 

Here's the question I ask myself:  were it not for football, what are the chances that Kelly, Parks and Young (the DB) would have chosen to go to school at Jesuit?  Ostensibly, whatever financial aid package, if any, that was available to them when they were enrolled and playing football would have been available to them if they had chosen to attend Jesuit without playing football.  An all-boys private school experience just isn't for everybody.  It wouldn't surprise me if those guys just tired of the whole morning chapel/Jesuit experience and wanted a little more 'balance' or excitement their senior season.   Short-sighted at best.  

On 1/23/2020 at 8:31 AM, 181pl said:

Surprising that Gaither is now seen as a "ghetto" school. It opened when I was in high school and it had all of the Carrolwood Village and Northdale kids. How times have changed...

Lol, Gaither is not a ghetto school @nolebull813 is just jealous Gaither is doing well. He needs to read and re-read the definition of ghetto. 

57 minutes ago, 181pl said:

What is the proof that Jesuit was better than Gaither last year, they both played Clearwater and Plant City. One team seem to beat both teams while the other lost.  

19 hours ago, Vaquero said:

Former Jesuit QB Kelly, RB Ricky Parks, and DB Jordan Young are currently Gaither students. Although i've heard the rumors too, Steinbrenner RB Silas is not at Gaither so far. 

Silas is at Steinbrenner.  Hope all are having a safe and healthy off season

On 1/23/2020 at 5:28 AM, 181pl said:

Just twitter fed rumors...

OK.

The only way Ransom makes Lakeland better is if he brings several other quality players with him. IMO, Mason Martin was their best QB last season. This season, he figures to certainly be better than Ransom.

Perhaps equally important in the transfer thread is the fact that Will Bahler took a job on USF's staff. He's been Lakeland's recruiting coordinator for several years, and is thought by many to be a big factor in getting so many transfers to Lakeland the last few years. The vague Twitter rumblings are that Lakeland hasn't fared well in the transfer sweepstakes. Probably a good thing, but one that suggests they won't be loaded like the last couple of seasons.

3 hours ago, USMCRet said:

What is the proof that Jesuit was better than Gaither last year, they both played Clearwater and Plant City. One team seem to beat both teams while the other lost.  

Clearly Jesuit has the better track record over the last several years. The ONLY explanation for a kid leaving Jesuit for Gaither for football is that Gaither has a coach(es) that are hip and popular with the kids. They look like the flavor of the month. Which, I suppose in these days, is equated with "accomplishment". Barf.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, nolebull813 said:

Whoa how do you leave an elite academic institution like Jesuit for a garbage ghetto school like Gaither? Talk about having your priorities out of whack.

my kid goes to Gaither and it sucks. Our old address is zoned for it so we let him go. We are pulling him out at the end of the year. He only goes because it’s close to my job and my little ones school. Not worth it 

May be the $17,000 per year price tag for Jesuit. And Gaither seems to be about as good in football as Jesuit. But, since the main purpose, at least to some folks, of going to high school is education, this would seem like a terrible move from Jesuit to Gaither.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

May be the $17,000 per year price tag for Jesuit. And Gaither seems to be about as good in football as Jesuit. But, since the main purpose, at least to some folks, of going to high school is education, this would seem like a terrible move from Jesuit to Gaither.

Not trying to make assumptions here, but a number of the kids on the football team receive financial assistance/scholarships in amounts which reduces, if not completely eliminates, that $17K price tag. 

On 2/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, Perspective said:

Not trying to make assumptions here, but a number of the kids on the football team receive financial assistance/scholarships in amounts which reduces, if not completely eliminates, that $17K price tag. 

Jesuit, I would imagine, is about the same as Trinity Catholic the school I support. Trinity does have partial scholarships and reduced tuition for the students of full time members of the church who contribute a percentage of their salary to the church per year. They also have reduced tuition through the Government Minority Grants. However the grants only pay a set amount for a percentage of the tuition as far as I know. If you know of any scholarships or programs that pay full tuition for high school then I would like to know about it.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

5 star DB from Lee now going to IMG

All I can say is, IMG can you please take the rest of Lee DB's while you at it LMAO

Lee has lost three players to Oakleaf and at least two to the Sandalwood. They will be extremely DOWN. 

On 1/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

5 star DB from Lee now going to IMG

All I can say is, IMG can you please take the rest of Lee DB's while you at it LMAO

Lee has lost three players to Oakleaf and at least two to the Sandalwood. They will be extremely DOWN. 

4 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Yeah I saw Robert Simmons is at sandalwood now and he a 4 star CB

I don't think he that good TBH but still a significant loss being he was a starter in that Lee secondary and with Bates and Mercy graduating it will hurt Lee

Unless Lee gets these kids back they won't win district

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah I saw Robert Simmons is at sandalwood now and he a 4 star CB

I don't think he that good TBH but still a significant loss being he was a starter in that Lee secondary and with Bates and Mercy graduating it will hurt Lee

Unless Lee gets these kids back they won't win district

Bates didn’t graduate, he went to Oakleaf. But you are correct, they won’t win without those kids. They’ve lost their 5 best returning players