Madison County cheating?

ATLEagle

I’ve been reading a lot on Madison County and how they are bending (cheating) the rules! I know transferring and unfortunately recruiting happens in the State! Being a S. Florida guy what exactly are they being accused of doing! I know they’re dam good every year and it makes no sense to me! They’re a 1A team with 7/8A talent.. I understand Pahokee and how they’re good traditionally but bewildered about Madison! Someone please explain!!!!

1 hour ago, ATLEagle said:

Are they getting transfers? Are they recruiting? Are they stealing kids:)

Madison County recruits itself.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few kids from Monticello, Live Oak, Jasper, or Perry transferred to Mad Co (if they have the transportation) because they are clearly the best in the area. Good players want to play for good programs. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are doing anything illegal. They have good athletes, good coaching, and they work their behinds off year around. 

1 hour ago, MinuteMan said:

Madison County recruits itself.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few kids from Monticello, Live Oak, Jasper, or Perry transferred to Mad Co (if they have the transportation) because they are clearly the best in the area. Good players want to play for good programs. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are doing anything illegal. They have good athletes, good coaching, and they work their behinds off year around. 

Suwannee and Hamilton players have been occasionally transferring to Columbia and Madison as of late

Not sure on Taylor County or Jefferson county 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They get to play in 1A while having access to players that would be more reflective of a 4A school via a Charter School in the county. 

@ATLEagle

What he said above ^

Also Atlantic fan I'm guessing, i will say I was impressed with your team this past year and I wish they were gonna play again this year but maybe they can work something out for another game down the line 

As Darter explained, Madison isn't going to pull from other counties. I mean a move to Madison County is almost impossible for the average family because there are not a lot of financial opportunities in Madison County.  What Madison did is they created a charter school that lowers their enrollment down enough that rather than play at 3A, they play at 1A. 

Even at 3A, Madison County would probably be a state finalist most years, but in 1A, your team is going to have to be a special team in order to beat them.  Trenton beat them, Pahokee beat them, but Madison has dominated the last 3 years. They will continue to dominate. A super team from Dixie, Trenton, and Chiefland could beat them, but beyond that, little chance. If I was a betting person, I would automatically put Madison into the state finals before it begins. 

To the credit of Madison County, they have been a team that is willing to play anyone anywhere kinda attitude. They don't make excuses, which is why the move to 1A always surprised me. 

Playoffs
2011: Face 4 private schools, lose in state championship to American Heritage
2012: Face 4 private schools, lose in state championship to University School
2013: No Playoffs
2014: Face 2 public schools (including FSU High) and a private school, lose to Bolles
2015: Move to 1A (lose to Trenton)
2016: Lose to Pahokee

Just like any school, I think Madison County got tired of playing private schools and losing. If they are in 3A, they face private schools almost the entire way through the playoffs. So in many ways, I don't blame them, but it is also the reason why a promotion and relegation system works. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I'm waiting on Trenton on someone to make a super team again. Hopefully they move Madison to blountstown region, so they play pahokee for state.

Trenton beat them because they recruited... Hard. I would never promote recruiting and that is the only way a Dixie, Trenton, etc truly has a chance to beat them in my opinion.  Unless something magical happens and one of those schools produced multiple SEC caliber guys like Union County did back in the 90's, nobody other than Pahokee will beat them. 

22 hours ago, MinuteMan said:

Trenton beat them because they recruited... Hard. I would never promote recruiting and that is the only way a Dixie, Trenton, etc truly has a chance to beat them in my opinion.  Unless something magical happens and one of those schools produced multiple SEC caliber guys like Union County did back in the 90's, nobody other than Pahokee will beat them. 

They didn't recruit any worse than a lot of metro publics do in Hillsborough, Duval, Orange, Palm Beach, Broward or Miami Dade county have done in the past

They just got caught

34 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They didn't recruit any worse than a lot of metro publics do in Hillsborough, Duval, Orange, Palm Beach, Broward or Miami Dade county have done in the past

They just got caught

So, by definition, they recruited worse.   The ones who know how to do it better don't get caught.  :P

8 minutes ago, Perspective said:

So, by definition, they recruited worse.   The ones who know how to do it better don't get caught.  :P

It means others are better at hiding it but best believe there are schools who did (and probably actively) recruit more aggressively and if they got caught it probably would be a worse scandal than the Trenton recruiting scandal was

On 1/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Suwannee and Hamilton players have been occasionally transferring to Columbia and Madison as of late

Not sure on Taylor County or Jefferson county 

Do you have the overall stats for other teams in the State? Interested to see Atlantic’s overall standings..

On 1/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@ATLEagle

What he said above ^

Also Atlantic fan I'm guessing, i will say I was impressed with your team this past year and I wish they were gonna play again this year but maybe they can work something out for another game down the line 

That would be nice if Columbia could repay the visit. We were tough this year. Played a tough schedule. The problem is STA is tough to beat on any given year. 

3 hours ago, ATLEagle said:

That would be nice if Columbia could repay the visit. We were tough this year. Played a tough schedule. The problem is STA is tough to beat on any given year. 

Yeah they are, you guys will be back though I’ve no doubt. Would love to see a Venice vs Atlantic State Semi matchup this year! I’m tired of St. ThomASS winning all the time

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

shocked this topic has been left up.  I guess we can say someone is cheating now.  COLUMBIA IS CHEATING.  They just suck at cheating but they are recruiting players left and right.  

Because the topic is @ATLEagle asking why they are always accused of cheating

Not him accusing them himself so I see no issue with the thread, if I did I would have taken it down pending a review but I normally give more leeway during the off-season since the activity is much less active so I don't want to be too strict and completely put traffic to a hault

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because the topic is @ATLEagle asking why they are always accused of cheating

Not him accusing them himself so I see no issue with the thread, if I did I would have taken it down pending a review but I normally give more leeway during the off-season since the activity is much less active so I don't want to be too strict and completely put traffic to a hault

so put a question mark after cheating.  A casual reader thinks Madison is cheating

I don’t think Madison has intentionally cheated at any time. They have taken advantage of the rules with the charter school though. In 2015 they probably should have forfeited games mid season because the qb they got from Hamilton was playing without a release from Hamilton. The two schools met and agreed that he would not play vs Hamilton as a penalty and they would let it go. In reality Madison is a school with 750 kids that could compete with 3-5A schools and occasionally win a title at that level, but with the charter school they are 1A competing vs schools with 3-500 kids without near the athletes that Madison possesses. Two schools have had the athletes to match them since their move to 1A, Trenton in 15 and Pahokee in 16,17, and 19. They are 2-2 vs those teams. 95 % of the teams in 1A will never have the horses to match Madison County.