Aquinas 20 Miramar 12

STARaiders2014

A big W for the Raiders as they avoid losing back to back games for the first time since 1995....it was a nail bitter....will have more on this game later tonight and tomorrow, but STA still has a lot of issues to work on thats for sure...GO RAIDERS! Oh and a S/O to the Miramar fans some of the best in all SFLA always a pleasure talking to them(was not there but they are always great)

Congrats St. Thomas and I wish you guys the best of lick for the rest of yaw season which in my opinion it's all wins.

If we lose again during the regular season I'll be floored man.....Miramar should be good the rest of the way too really like their fight and they have a great history and are adding to it with each year

I'm not taking nothing from Flanagan but I just feel like they haven't played against a team with a defense like Miramar. If you look at tonight's game a couple of bad mistakes on Miramar's side actually caused them the game. The score 12-10 going into the 4th quarter.

I agree man....lack of competition will bite them in the ass when they play a team like Miramar who has played Heritage and STA both of whom could and probably should win state titles this season 

I did not get to watch or check the box score of this game but It sounds like Miramar had a little trouble offensively to finish off the game.  Asking a Junior with 1.5 games Varsity experience to go out and score on STA could have been a little overwhelming...Not to take anything from the STA defense but your not going to win many games in high school scoring 12 points.  As far as their game vs. Flanagan.... I agree that Flanagan's schedule will put them in shock when their QB has to face the Miramar corners.  I also think Flanagan is going to rock the Miramar QB for a couple fumbles though.    Unless Miramar's offense and their QB get their stuff together, I just don't see the Patriots scoring more then 17 points at Flanagan .  Of course 4 weeks is ample time to prepare....Right now , I would go Flanagan 20 - 15 over Miramar if they met next week @ Flanagan......

As for St. Thomas , they get a well deserved rest with a couple of easier games the next two weeks.  Then they head to Cypress Bay who might put up a fight for a little and hang within say- 24 pts....

I recall Dwyer, last year, didn't play anyone with a pulse before STA.  Their closest game was W. Boca 41-17.

It didn't help that STA had 5-6 starters out that game, as I remember.

Not saying Flanagan 2014 = Dwyer 2013, just saying that you can be good and still not be tested. 

I do like Miramar over Flanagan and I will pull for them, I'd attend, but STA will hopefully be putting 50 on CyBay and I will be there.

STARaiders2014-  Sidebar...

I have got to ask, what is up with Northeast?  Why did STA schedule a 7A in 13/14, couldn't Coach Smith find anyone else I know we are running out of 8A's (Miramar, CyBay, Deerfield), but anyone, anyone...

Time to reach out to BTW, MC and replace Northeast, or add another OOS for a home/away...

Every team should be allowed a cupcake or two .  Even BTW scheduled Monsignor Pace this week.  Monsignor Pace, Northeast - same difference. 

As for other St. Thomas scheduling 8As in Broward- Flanagan and Monarch are the "TCU's and Boise States of 8A Broward" here is my reasoning....Monarch is way better then Deerfield ( they proved that last year in the postseason leading @ Miramar for 3 quarters and Flanagan has a better chance then ever to knock off Miramar this year.  The problem is your going to get way more respect winning or LOSING to Miramar, beating Cypress Bay or Deerfield by 50 then if you beat Monarch or Flanagan by say 10-13 points.  Even though Deerfield spanked St. Thomas last year and 2 weeks later they host Flanagan Postseason - Brandon Powell was stuffed for 34 rushing yards - game goes to OT and the Zebras make sure Deerfield beats Flanagan........Flanagan and Monarch quietly disappear, have no history, tradition etc....and God forbid if you lose to those teams you get looked down on.  Until, Flanagan or Monarch win Districts , Regionals or States they are Nobodys.....However, even though Monarch's star receiver (Calvin Ridley) is done for the year, don't be surprised if Monarch or even Flanagan knock off Miramar this year.  I believe Miramar is still 8A king in Broward but back to back against those two teams will not be easy....

To conclude , I agree seeing BTW/Aquinas/Miramar/ and Heritage all play each other every year would be the best but I guess sometimes the best have a respect for the best and it is just left at that. 

Every team should be allowed a cupcake or two . Even BTW scheduled Monsignor Pace this week. Monsignor Pace, Northeast - same difference.

As for other St. Thomas scheduling 8As in Broward- Flanagan and Monarch are the "TCU's and Boise States of 8A Broward" here is my reasoning....Monarch is way better then Deerfield ( they proved that last year in the postseason leading @ Miramar for 3 quarters and Flanagan has a better chance then ever to knock off Miramar this year. The problem is your going to get way more respect winning or LOSING to Miramar, beating Cypress Bay or Deerfield by 50 then if you beat Monarch or Flanagan by say 10-13 points. Even though Deerfield spanked St. Thomas last year and 2 weeks later they host Flanagan Postseason - Brandon Powell was stuffed for 34 rushing yards - game goes to OT and the Zebras make sure Deerfield beats Flanagan........Flanagan and Monarch quietly disappear, have no history, tradition etc....and God forbid if you lose to those teams you get looked down on. Until, Flanagan or Monarch win Districts , Regionals or States they are Nobodys.....However, even though Monarch's star receiver (Calvin Ridley) is done for the year, don't be surprised if Monarch or even Flanagan knock off Miramar this year. I believe Miramar is still 8A king in Broward but back to back against those two teams will not be easy....

To conclude , I agree seeing BTW/Aquinas/Miramar/ and Heritage all play each other every year would be the best but I guess sometimes the best have a respect for the best and it is just left at that.

Pace is in btw district

Yeah, it appears of the 5 teams in the District, only Plantation is a decent team.  This year they seem to be down .  They have to play the District games though....District is weak this year however, Northeast is a cupcake but Heritage on a neutral field , @ Don Bosco, @ Miramar, @ Cypress Bay (maybe better then Plantation - at least decent) and Deerfield Beach (not their fault Deerfield Beach has gone from Nationally ranked last year to average this year).  I don't know when these schedules were made but I am guessing many anticipated Deerfield and Cypress would be better then what they are.

But to answer your question , yes STA could probably beat Nova by over 75 if they feel like it....

@ Miramar, you are right the weaker schedule will hurt Flanagan but remember....they never beat Cypress Bay ever, until last year, now they appear to have replaced them as the only District team with a shot against the Patriots. The Flanagan game @ Cypress Bay was their only decent win in my opinion.  It is not STA or AMH- Plantation but I would call it a decent road win.  I still am not sold on the Miramar QB situation.  I believe Miramar will need at least 20 pts @ Flanagan for the W....It was an 8 point game last year in Miramar and Flanagan is at least as good and they are at home.  Add the Flanagan pass rush, great run stop and they might force the Miramar QB to win with his arm .  Flanagan QB is solid, at home, and in a close game will have a better shot at the W in my opinion.     Of course this game is a few weeks away so a lot can happen.  Injuries, adjustments, improvements etc....

What about Monarch? They hung tough for 3 quarters last year post season @ Miramar then reality kicked in. But no one gave them a prayer in that game vs. Miramar.