Palm Beach kids playing south

Mashburns

Recently probably for the past few years more palm beach county players are leaving Palm Beach and playing in broward and dade both private and public why do you guys feel this is happening? I believe the last big school to win state in palm beach was dwyer in 2013 and with most of the top players playing in different counties south of palm beach I think that streak will continue.

12 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That situation is actually sad. There is no reason why a Palm Beach county public outside of the Muck could not win a state title. 

Right just this year along Palm Beach Central I believe lost players to Aquinas, Atlantic lost one to Aquinas, Wellington lost one to Gibbons, Cardinal Newman lost one to Aquinas, I believe Benjamin lost their QB to a school out of county and I'm sure there are or will be more kids making that trip south.

Deerfield has taken kids as well, but I would argue that Palm Beach has also taken kids from Broward and if you can't handle  losing kids then you shouldn't be a part of the problem. A bunch of kids in Palm Beach have Pompano Beach in Broward listed as their hometown. I mean Lamar Jackson and Devin Singletary are 2 of the more famous kids that are from Broward, but played in Palm Beach that come to mind.

Disappointing that the kid from Newman transferred. If you look at his twitter, he was already getting big name (Power 5) offers before he went to STA, so the school is not going to get him any more offers than he currently is getting. If he thinks that the school is making him a better player, so be it, but like many situations, it is a shame that a team develops a student for several years only for them to abandon them.

Transfers after freshman or sophomore year don't bother me nearly as much as transfers before senior year. 

They all bother me.  It is a horrible trend, but counties and schools shouldn't complain when they do the same stuff. I've seen school reps from private schools walk up to players right after games with applications already printed out. I mean road games, so they brought them with them before hand having watched a kid on film probably why scouting for that game.  Then seen and heard coaches for the same schools complain when other schools poach there guys in meetings. In fact, the one school was a smaller Palm Beach private school trying to take from a smaller Broward public school that I witnessed that a few years ago. So, their complaints now just seem ridiculous.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:53 PM, gatorman-uf said:

Disappointing that the kid from Newman transferred. If you look at his twitter, he was already getting big name (Power 5) offers before he went to STA, so the school is not going to get him any more offers than he currently is getting. If he thinks that the school is making him a better player, so be it, but like many situations, it is a shame that a team develops a student for several years only for them to abandon them.

Transfers after freshman or sophomore year don't bother me nearly as much as transfers before senior year. 

The Newman kid coach step down after the season and I believe thats what pushed him out.