The 1997 4A State Title Game

STARaiders2014

Was on NFHSNetwork.com and was watching the 4A Title game from that yr and man I almost forgot how classic that was....Glades Central vs Jacksonville Raines and man the first five minutes were hectic! Tons of turnovers, two blocked kicks...maybe 3....14 points. I remember that year well as Aquinas won their second title that yr vs Rutherford on a game winning FG....and it got me thinking what was the most exciting state title game you have ever seen in FLA? Unreal this 1997 4A Title game....turnover after turnover in the first quarter lol

http://nfhsnetwork.com/events/fhsaa/62f871412a      <---- Game link to 1997 4A title game 

Non homer game. Jefferson vs Norland in 2010.

Both teams played a flawless first half. The game was very even in talent. The second half started the same, but near the end of the 3rd quarter Jefferson started winning the battle in the trenches. I'll never forget the 1st half and how prefect both teams played.  

Homer Game. Cocoa vs Abilene Tx. 2010.

Cocoa played the then #1 Nationally ranked team Abilene in Texas. No one gave Cocoa a chance to win, but Cocoa played their guts out and pulled the all time upset beating Abilene 24-21, Younger to Buie on a bomb for 75 yards to win. Younger had an arm and Buie had the speed. Younger threw it for all he was worth and Buie ran under it. The ball seemed to hang in the air forever and was prefectly thrown. It was the play that put Cocoa on the National HSF map. Abilene went on to beat  state runner up Tampa Plant, the following week 27-17. Plant lost to STA in the Championship game. Cocoa's defense was ranted #2, only behind a very solid offensive and defensive STA team.