One/two Good Sport Schools...

gatorman-uf

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

What are some examples of one of your local high school that excels in one or maybe two sports, but is god-awful in anything else?

Or, is able to have good programs in everything but football?

Florida Air Academy now known as Florida Prep always excels at basketball only for the most part.

Suwannee is very good in baseball but is average to subpar in basically every other sport 

Fort White is decent in football and baseball but rest of the sports are terrible right now

In terms of my area; Columbia, Madison and Baker County are all pretty balanced in their sports and have sports that are competitive in fall, winter and spring 

As for other sports in Brevard. Cocoa usually competes well in track with basketball sprinkled here and there. Rockledge competes well in track and baseball is top notch. Melbourne: kings and queens of soccer. With basketball competing. Viera: soccer. The football landscape is already mapped out in Brevard. But I expect Melbourne to rise with their defense.

30 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

As for other sports in Brevard. Cocoa usually competes well in track with basketball sprinkled here and there. Rockledge competes well in track and baseball is top notch. Melbourne: kings and queens of soccer. With basketball competing. Viera: soccer. The football landscape is already mapped out in Brevard. But I expect Melbourne to rise with their defense.

Rockledge, Viera and Melbourne are also solid in softball ain't they?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Middleburg is also starting to get better in softball and was a solid baseball team this past decade

Really? 

1. 2019: 15-9 (Not bad)
  2. 2018: 10-13
  3. 2017:  8-18
  4. 2016: 6-18 * Playoff
  5. 2015: 14-15
  6. 2014: 9-20 *Playoff
  7. 2013: 14-14 *Playoff (they won two games in playoffs)
  8. 2012: 7-15 *Playoff
  9. 2011: 16-12
  10. 2010: 13-11
  11. 2009: 18-10*Playoff

Not really a solid team and not really doing much in the playoffs.  This is an example of a bias that you occasionally show that if a team plays Columbia and Columbia does not put a running clock/mercy rule them, then they must be good. 

5 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Really? 

1. 2019: 15-9 (Not bad)
  2. 2018: 10-13
  3. 2017:  8-18
  4. 2016: 6-18 * Playoff
  5. 2015: 14-15
  6. 2014: 9-20 *Playoff
  7. 2013: 14-14 *Playoff (they won two games in playoffs)
  8. 2012: 7-15 *Playoff
  9. 2011: 16-12
  10. 2010: 13-11
  11. 2009: 18-10*Playoff

Not really a solid team and not really doing much in the playoffs.  This is an example of a bias that you occasionally show that if a team plays Columbia and Columbia does not put a running clock/mercy rule them, then they must be good. 

And how many games of Middleburg baseball did you watch this past decade?

31 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

So you are going to skip over the part where you said Middleburg baseball was solid for the past decade, when according to MaxPreps they have .456 win percentage over the time and once in 10 years did they make it past the first round of regionals? 

I said they were solid because one, Middleburg is a very weak athletic program overall so when I compare how baseball did to their other sports they do look a lot better, funny that you usually bash me because I never give other teams credit but when I give a team credit for once you still complain, why did I not boost the right team for your ego?

And the other reason is despite Sharing a district with Columbia, Gainesville and Oakleaf for much of the decade they were able to hang with those teams in their better years and those 3 have been solid baseball programs up here in North Florida

Is Middleburg good on a state level? No

But they were a solid team in this area in terms of being able in several of those years (even when finishing below .500) to compete with other solid teams

Like in 2016 when they went into Gainesville after being winless in districts during the season and knocked off the 1 seed Gainesville in the district tournament, and yes I watched this game live 

A Solid program would be Columbia (several years straight years of being district champs) with little advancement beyond that (maybe 2nd round), but obviously a solid program, but Columbia does not fit the original question as their football is good, the softball team has won a state championship within the last 10 years, baseball is solid, and basketball has been winning (and until recently) not advancing. 

As for the original question, I asked for teams that excel in one or two sports, but stink in everything else. A better local (for you) example would be Hamilton County and Boys Basketball with a .566 win percentage. Now, Hamilton isn't what they used to be the last two seasons, but definitely more consistent than Middleburg baseball or softball which has made the playoffs twice in the last and MaxPreps has no winning records for them during the time.  As suggested their girls basketball team has been very good for the past 4-5 years after years of being well below average. 

2020: 8-16
2019: 11-18 * Playoff
2018: 16-13 * Playoff
2017: 16-10 * Playoff
2016: 21-6 * State Final Four
2015: 21-8 * Playoff
2014: 20-9 * State Runner-up
2013: 15-11 * Playoff
2012: 10-14 * Playoff
2011: 11-12

Windermere only been around 3 seasons

football 3-26 overall best season 2018 2-7

boys basketball 

2019-20 19-8 ranked 38 in state won district title

2018-19 27-5 lost in state semis ranked 8 in the state

girls basketball

2019-20 19-5 ranked 40 in state won district

2018-19 21-6 ranked 49 in state lost in second round

Volleyball

2019 26-3 ranked 24 in state lost in state semi's

2018 18-7 lost in first round

Baseball

2019 24-5 ranked 51 in state lost in 3rd round

Softball

2019 20-6 ranked 84 in state lost in first round

Girls Soccer

2019-20 15-3-2 ranked 52 in state lost in second round

2018-19 11-4-3 lost in first round

Boys Soccer

2019-20 7-5-3 under achieved

2018-19 16-3-1 ranked 40 in state lost in second round

Boys Lacrosse

2019 13-3 ranked 44 in state won district 

Track

2019 Girls 5th in state

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Badbird, where did all the Windemere kids come from?  In other words, what school(s) would they have gone to had not Windemere been built?

Demographically speaking, I'm guessing Windemere students play a lot of travel, AAU, and country club sports. 

When I originally heard the school was being built, I thought it was in Windermere. If that would’ve been the case, I think we would have seen them be quite excellent (on the state level) in your country club sports such as swimming, lacrosse, tennis, soccer, etc. Very similar to what Ponte Vedra has done up here in NE Florida

5 hours ago, Perspective said:

Badbird, where did all the Windemere kids come from?  In other words, what school(s) would they have gone to had not Windemere been built?

Demographically speaking, I'm guessing Windemere students play a lot of travel, AAU, and country club sports. 

most from West Orange