Trinity Catholic has a new Head Coach

Proseteye

9 hours ago, badbird said:

Looks like Trinity Catholic will be back into giving football players scholarships.  I wonder how far that van will travel to get them this time.  In two years they will be back to what they were.  Vanguard is heading the wrong way.  Kids already leaving there.  

Perhaps. I guess we will see in 2 years or so.

9 hours ago, badbird said:

Looks like Trinity Catholic will be back into giving football players scholarships.  I wonder how far that van will travel to get them this time.  In two years they will be back to what they were.  Vanguard is heading the wrong way.  Kids already leaving there.  

You're quite the comedian. Interesting but a comedian all the same. :wacko:

12 hours ago, badbird said:

This time around for Brantley they dont need a van, they need a charter bus! Because a van full athletes from Ocala public high schools wont fill all the holes they need. Pretty soon though they will be back to being the most hated team in the county and PROSETEYE will still be DELUSIONAL to the fact.

5 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

This time around for Brantley they dont need a van, they need a charter bus! Because a van full athletes from Ocala public high schools wont fill all the holes they need. Pretty soon though they will be back to being the most hated team in the county and PROSETEYE will still be DELUSIONAL to the fact.

Hmmmmmmm. What holes are those since you know so much? When was the last Celtic's game you attended?

Here is something funny.  Brantley recruited all those kids to Belleview, then he left and then the kids all bailed and the next coach quit.  

With the Rattlers’ season beginning in one month with its kickoff classic against Trinity Catholic on Aug. 24, Mike Kelly turned in his resignation Tuesday, leaving BHS athletic director Brian Fennewald scrambling to find a replacement head coach with fall practice set to begin on July 30.

“The easy/short answer to why Mike stepped down is with all of these new transfer rules set in place, it has made coaching at the high school level more about recruiting than coaching, and he doesn’t want to play that game,” Fennewald said.

“I do not blame him at all for leaving,” Fennewald said. “He spent so much time with his players, molding and shaping them into respectable young men. And now, most of them are gone. We have had 11 starters from our spring game leave the program and are now at other schools.”

18 hours ago, badbird said:

Since it is so funny what did I say that was false?  Brantley will recruit the shit out of the area.  Trinity Catholic will be relevant again.

What is so funny is that all of the public schools recruit and have been recruiting for years. Trinity, being a private school where pretty high tuition has to be paid, puts them at a huge disadvantage. Most parents of public school students don't have that type of money. Also, a lot of public school students can't get into Trinity because they can't meet the requisites. Over the years the Celtics have had just as many players leave for public schools as they have taken players from public schools. I know as I've supported the team since the days of Kerwin Bell. Brantley is a winning coach and the reason why players want to play for him.

6 hours ago, Proseteye said:

What is so funny is that all of the public schools recruit and have been recruiting for years. Trinity, being a private school where pretty high tuition has to be paid, puts them at a huge disadvantage. Most parents of public school students don't have that type of money. Also, a lot of public school students can't get into Trinity because they can't meet the requisites. Over the years the Celtics have had just as many players leave for public schools as they have taken players from public schools. I know as I've supported the team since the days of Kerwin Bell. Brantley is a winning coach and the reason why players want to play for him.

You are delusional. 

Can Marion County just go back to pre-1970 days when it was just the Ocala High Wildcats? 

Dunnellon,  Lake Weir and Reddick High didnt really offer competition in those days. 

Fun fact. The towns of Anthony, Fort McCoy and Summerfield in Marion County all had separate high schools and played Six-Man football in the Little Ten Conference with teams from Waldo, White Springs, Melrose and Cedar Key. Current 11 man teams that played 6 man in that conference are Bell, Bronson, Dunnellon, and Hawthorne