Coaches suspended in Manatee County

fishspinners

14 minutes ago, skyway said:

How about sharing with us this textbook in question. Let's have a look at it. 

(I know, I know. You're not gong to share the textbook. Because, then we'd be able to know exactly what is in it, and that's no good for perpetuating lies.)

https://www.amren.com/news/2013/11/hundreds-prepare-protest-against-islam-chapter-in-volusia-co-school-textbook/  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, skyway said:

How about sharing with us this textbook in question. Let's have a look at it. 

(I know, I know. You're not gong to share the textbook. Because, then we'd be able to know exactly what is in it, and that's no good for perpetuating lies.)

Our textbooks are protected, you must have a login to view them.  You can't copy and paste.  I have nothing to lie about.   I am not Christian, or any other religion.

1 hour ago, Cjm04 said:

Our textbooks are protected, you must have a login to view them.  You can't copy and paste.  I have nothing to lie about.   I am not Christian, or any other religion.

The textbook is probably not the same anyway. I was mentioning a very specific textbook. Cjm04, I don't think that you are lying, and I did not call you a liar,  I enjoyed learning about the major five religions in school, and the areas-regions that each specific religion is practiced most. I am not very religious either, but nobody has any right to tell a parent/guardian how to educate their children.

10 hours ago, Proseteye said:

That's not the textbook. They do mention that it is a WORLD History textbook. That's a subject, and it's universally accepted that a well-rounded education includes a study of WORLD History. Islam has a significant place in world history, as do other religions. So, the fact that there is much coverage given is a nothing burger to anyone of any credibility in education. 

49 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

The textbook is probably not the same anyway. I was mentioning a very specific textbook. Cjm04, I don't think that you are lying, and I did not call you a liar,  I enjoyed learning about the major five religions in school, and the areas-regions that each specific religion is practiced most. I am not very religious either, but nobody has any right to tell a parent/guardian how to educate their children.

Well, yes and no. You certainly can educate them on whatever you want them to lean about. But, for them to truly be educated in a way that is to be compared to agreed upon standards of education, there are things they need to have knowledge of. They simply will lack a knowledge of world history if Islam is to be skipped or relegated to the footnotes.

27 minutes ago, skyway said:

Well, yes and no. You certainly can educate them on whatever you want them to lean about. But, for them to truly be educated in a way that is to be compared to agreed upon standards of education, there are things they need to have knowledge of. They simply will lack a knowledge of world history if Islam is to be skipped or relegated to the footnotes.

Agreed upon by who? Yes Islam, and Algebra, I don't know if I would have survived if I didn't know about these two critical-to-survival subjects. Just imagine it I was dead, and you wouldn't have the privilege of talking with me on this message board skyway lol haha. THANK THE HEAVENS (NATURE IF YOU ARE ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC) FOR ISLAM AND ALGEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Agreed upon by who? Yes Islam, and Algebra, I don't know if I would have survived if I didn't know about these two critical-to-survival subjects. Just imagine it I was dead, and you wouldn't have the privilege of talking with me on this message board skyway lol haha. THANK THE HEAVENS (NATURE IF YOU ARE ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC) FOR ISLAM AND ALGEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly, the quarantine has gotten to you.