Your Surprise teams for 2019 and the teams that was a let down in 2019

THIS_IS_DILLARD

So with the covid 19 going on this board has been extremely dry while we all try to safe safe & prepared. 

but with spring football all but canceled & for surety things will be bank to normal for fall football; we can at least keep some football talk going on on here.

so with that said 2019 was a very interesting year some teams surprised while some teams disappointed; if you had to choose what teams ended up being a surprise or a disappointment???

Lakeland ended up being a bit of a disappointment, given the large amount of talent they acquired. The QB never played spring ball, and practiced very little in August. But, still thought they'd have a smoother, better passing game than they did. Arian Smith being so raw didn't help.  

Interesting choices; I would say my disappointment teams will be 

Columbia - no way they should have lost to lee either time last season especially that play off game that had to be a hard pill to swallow. 

carol city - even in a coaching change I would t have expected that type of season. 

Miramar it sucks they had to vacate their wins over a ineligible player I really believe they would have been a tough out for anyone in the playoffs in 8a 

southridge - all I can say is just wow. 

Surprise teams I would say 

Both palmettos - they both had a great chance to win it all last year & should be just as Good this year. 

columbus - even tho they made it to the finals the year before no one really gave them a chance in a loaded 8a. 

Dillard - even tho many predicted Dillard to make the playoffs because of a incompetent district I don’t believe no one saw them going 12-0 and hosting the reigional finals under a 1st year head coach. Add that with wins over eventual champion columbus & state semifinalist pahokee; the panthers opened up a lot of eyes in 2019 and should b a even bigger force to reckon with in 2020.

Surprise team: Pahokee with that tough schedule everyone thought they wasn't going to make the playoffs but they did and advanced to the semifinals only to lose in a heartbreaker to Madison County 

Disappointment: Glades Central with that ineligible player BS that cost us our playoffs!

3 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

Surprise team: Pahokee with that tough schedule everyone thought they wasn't going to make the playoffs but they did and advanced to the semifinals only to lose in a heartbreaker to Madison County 

Disappointment: Glades Central with that ineligible player BS that cost us our playoffs!

That pahokee @ Dillard game should be interesting this year hopefully it’s closer because it’s crazy pahokee had some ballers when we played them last season Dillard was just better then what people originally thought. That was the same pahokee that gave eventual champion Chaminade all they could handle for a half and actually led at the half. 

as for the raiders yea man that was real tough I just don’t see how in 2020 a team can get caught slippin like that I’m sure it’s not a lack of access to information. So it has to be the coaches trying to find a hole in the system and see if they get caught which in most cases they do. 

Also another disappointing team I would say

DEERFIELD - time and time again they have one of the most talented and recruited rosters In the state not only broward county and yet they have still YET to get over that hump and hoist that trophy. 

i know I talk a lot of smack bout them as a rival but truths are truths their most def not lacking in talent so to not have 1 trophy and you’ve been get recruited talent in droves year in and year out for 10 years plus that’s a HUGE disappointment.

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That pahokee @ Dillard game should be interesting this year hopefully it’s closer because it’s crazy pahokee had some ballers when we played them last season Dillard was just better then what people originally thought. That was the same pahokee that gave eventual champion Chaminade all they could handle for a half and actually led at the half. 

as for the raiders yea man that was real tough I just don’t see how in 2020 a team can get caught slippin like that I’m sure it’s not a lack of access to information. So it has to be the coaches trying to find a hole in the system and see if they get caught which in most cases they do. 

Madison would have beat chamindade, and pahokee better get Alot of transfers. Because Madison is loaded . With a new running back as well freshman. Check him out . Middle school highlights.    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CYQEG

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Madison would have beat chamindade, and pahokee better get Alot of transfers. Because Madison is loaded . With a new running back as well freshman. Check him out . Middle school highlights.    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CYQEG

I don’t know much about Madison but from what I’ve been hearing they don’t even suppose to be in 1A but really 4A so once they get there & still dominate let me know. 

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know much about Madison but from what I’ve been hearing they don’t even suppose to be in 1A but really 4A so once they get there & still dominate let me know. 

Did you watch the kid, highlights?

Plus they were put in 1a. Everyone gets moved around. I'm tried of that mess. Teams need to get off there butts and come to play. Alot of those 1A schools level of play had declined over the years. Madison and any other team that's good. No matter the class come to play. 

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Did you watch the kid, highlights?

Plus they were put in 1a. Everyone gets moved around. I'm tried of that mess. Teams need to get off there butts and come to play. Alot of those 1A schools level of play had declined over the years. Madison and any other team that's good. No matter the class come to play. 

From what it seems all the other 1A schools don’t have the resources to even field a team that’s on the same playing field as Madison; I wonder what would Madison be if they fielded only the kids that goes to there school. 

but nonetheless I do agree regardless of what u got to line up and play. 

so who are your surprises & disappointments of 2019 regardless of class

40 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

From what it seems all the other 1A schools don’t have the resources to even field a team that’s on the same playing field as Madison; I wonder what would Madison be if they fielded only the kids that goes to there school. 

but nonetheless I do agree regardless of what u got to line up and play. 

so who are your surprises & disappointments of 2019 regardless of class

Superises Edgewater  a team who had 50 points plus put on them often. To almost beating the king of Florida st. Thomas Aquinas.

Disappointments 

Port St Joe a 1A powerhouse falling down hard. Having a 5-7 season worst in years. Then losing their head coach to liberty county the worst school in the United States of America.

On 4/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, muckboy561 said:

they won 4 games in the regular season.  I said before the year they would be lucky to win 5.  Not sure they were a surprise.  They did play Madison better than most thought other than that nothing they did surprised me

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Superises Edgewater  a team who had 50 points plus put on them often. To almost beating the king of Florida st. Thomas Aquinas.

Disappointments 

Port St Joe a 1A powerhouse falling down hard. Having a 5-7 season worst in years. Then losing their head coach to liberty county the worst school in the United States of America.

Edgewater was loaded coming into the season and lost in the state semis the year before.  Do you pay attention to high school sports?

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They dont call them the "CUR DOGS" for nothing. Those kids are tough and fight like hell. Small numbers but can compete at any level.

13 hours ago, badbird said:

Edgewater was loaded coming into the season and lost in the state semis the year before.  Do you pay attention to high school sports?

Like I said 50 points plus put on them often. Deerfield was loaded too, no championship. 

19 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I think we should all get over this "Madison is only good because they are in 1A fairy tale".

2011 - Class 3A   13-2

2012 - Class 3A    12-3

2013 - Class 4A     5-5 (probably adjusting to 4A play)

2014 - Class 4A    11-4

Madison, like Pahokee, is an exceptional team that would be competitive in any class. So, please, everyone let's end this false premise once and for all.  

6 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I think we should all get over this "Madison is only good because they are in 1A fairy tale".

2011 - Class 3A   13-2

2012 - Class 3A    12-3

2013 - Class 4A     5-5 (probably adjusting to 4A play)

2014 - Class 4A    11-4

Madison, like Pahokee, is an exceptional team that would be competitive in any class. So, please, everyone let's end this false premise once and for all.  

I don't think anybody suggests that Madison is only good in 1A. They are just stating that Madison is probably a 3A or 4A that makes runs in the playoffs, but is not automatically penciled into the championship the way they are now in 1A.

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

Yes , how does a team go from multiple bad seasons, or average seasons. To almost beating the king of Florida. Even if they were loaded. STA should have won big.

2017 got a new good young coach went 9-3 lost in the second round

2018 got lots of transfers went 12-2 lost in state semi finals to Lakeland who won the state title

2019 got lots more transfers went 13-2 lost in state finals to STA

14 minutes ago, badbird said:

2018 got lots of transfers went 12-2 lost in state semi finals to Lakeland who won the state title

2020 got more transfers went 15-0 beating STA in a rematch. Calling it now.

3 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't think anybody suggests that Madison is only good in 1A. They are just stating that Madison is probably a 3A or 4A that makes runs in the playoffs, but is not automatically penciled into the championship the way they are now in 1A.

I was referring to the statement:

"they don’t even suppose to be in 1A but really 4A so once they get there & still dominate let me know."

Madison has already played in 3A and 4A and they do dominate in their own right.

2 hours ago, badbird said:

Edgewater did not get lots of transfers in 2019. But they did return the 2018 transfers they got. Now I will admit that they did land a quality transfer in 2019; but a lot, not really.