If there is football this season. NW should 4 peat

topnotch305

With the amount of talent coming back and plans to put together a national schedule with Booker T. being the first game, playing a team in Heirbstreet classic in Ohio, a certain top team in California along with regulars on the schedule. NW should definitely ready for playoff matchup with American Heritage this year. And these 4 players listed below will play a big part in that. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

With the amount of talent coming back and plans to put together a national schedule with Booker T. being the first game, playing a team in Heirbstreet classic in Ohio, a certain top team in California along with regulars on the schedule. NW should definitely ready for playoff matchup with American Heritage this year. And these 4 players listed below will play a big part in that. 

Pointless everyone knows Miami northwestern and Madison county are gonna repeat.

4 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

If there is a season, it would be interesting to see the game between MNW and SJB(that certain top team in California). Especially that MC plays that "certain" team the week before. MNW will be a top 15 team to start the season. And if they run the table they should be in consideration for the MNC.

2 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

If there is a season, it would be interesting to see the game between MNW and SJB(that certain top team in California). Especially that MC plays that "certain" team the week before. MNW will be a top 15 team to start the season. And if they run the table they should be in consideration for the MNC.

Besides SJB who else does the Rockets play out of state? I'm sure you guys have a loaded schedule as always. That's if we have football of course.

4 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

SJB is all I know about, out of state. MNW is playing SJB in Ohio. Who else do they have? And like you said, if there is football. 

That I'm not sure of other than the regulars on the schedule including you guys.  Chaminade was rumored to be on schedule or were talking about playing NW. Guess if and when this clears ur will be more to come on that. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

That I'm not sure of other than the regulars on the schedule including you guys.  Chaminade was rumored to be on schedule or were talking about playing NW. Guess if and when this clears ur will be more to come on that. 

If I had to take an uneducated guess, 8 games are pretty much set. 

SJB, BTW, NW, CC, and 4 district games...SR, SM, Norland, and Belen. Last two spots...no clue.

I think we might have some sort of 2021 prep sports season, but I'm not sure. It's important you all recognize there will be no prep sports in 2020. 

There MAY be college and pro sports in 2020 (may very well not). But, the kinds of precautions those leagues would have to take to play would be very difficult and costly and only justifiable because of the TV revenue $ they'd rake in. No such revenue exists for prep sports, so there's no way they'll be able to implement the kinds of safeguards that will be required.

48 minutes ago, skyway said:

I think we might have some sort of 2021 prep sports season, but I'm not sure. It's important you all recognize there will be no prep sports in 2020. 

There MAY be college and pro sports in 2020 (may very well not). But, the kinds of precautions those leagues would have to take to play would be very difficult and costly and only justifiable because of the TV revenue $ they'd rake in. No such revenue exists for prep sports, so there's no way they'll be able to implement the kinds of safeguards that will be required.

Chill buddy.

1 hour ago, skyway said:

Sad, but probably true. Perhaps there may be a way for some teams to get in specially arranged games, but I agree, it is hardly likely we will have official seasons for the reasons you outlined. I feel for the upcoming senior class who have worked for years to get to this point only to be denied. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I'm not much of a fan for 7 on 7 but this dude is for real. He got game film that backs it up. May be on the short side for TE but damn he's good. Northwestern is loaded.

17 hours ago, badbird said:

lol comical.  There is one right down the road from me practicing but I'm no snitch

Badbird, help me out here.  What do you mean by comical?  Is it comical that certain schools/teams are practicing when they shouldn't be?  Or comical that only one (or a small handful) of the offending schools have been caught and punished?  Or is it comical because there are lots of schools doing the exact same thing that NW was doing (and that the school down the road from you has been doing)?  Or are you trying to make the point that it was comical for the state and school district to put the 'stay at home' restrictions in place to begin with?  

Typically, you raise good points -- I'm just confused this time which point you are trying to make. 

Now, as far as NW is concerned, what's the likely end result?  The school is able to find a new head coach and a bunch of assistants that can take the talent that's at the school and still make a state championship run?   Or do all the NW players starting scurrying to other schools like rats abandoning a sinking ship?   One here, one there?  Or does a core group all end up with scholarships to a school like Columbus? 

Either way, some film crew needs to be down there now documenting this whole thing so that we have a new "Last Dance" to watch during the next quarantine.   B)

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just curious, what, exactly, do you hate?  That the coaches (allegedly) were breaking the rules?  That the kids were doing something that they shouldn't have been doing (but probably felt obligated to do if their coach said it was okay/mandatory)?  That they got caught?  That the coach has been suspended (or fired, if you believe other reports)?  Or is it just a simple hate of everyone being in this situation in the first place?   Again, just curious. 

Also, just curious to know if there are people out there defending the coach (if, in fact, he was organizing/conducting unauthorized practices)?  Trust me, I know that coaches and players want nothing more than to get back on the field and start practicing and playing.