If there is football this season. NW should 4 peat

topnotch305

10 hours ago, peezy28 said:

I work in Pharma for one of the companies that is making a vaccine... I work directly with the distributors who this will be placed with... I can only speak for myself but I trust the products my company makes.  That is my personal opinion though I am not trying to sway anyone who is against taking a vaccine.  I myself have never taking a flu vaccine but this one I will highly consider.  Of course I would not be one of the 1st to take it though.

Thank you for your point-of-view Peezy. Also, I am glad that you and your family are staying safe, and I hope that you continue to do so.

5 hours ago, HornetFan said:

If you don't somehow place a penalty on the team (players), not just the coaching staff, you send the message that you're willing to allow NW to have a competitive advantage over teams that followed the rules and did not have the benefit of training as a team during the pandemic shut down. If these players don't know right from wrong at 16-18 years of age, they will carry that same sense of entitlement into their college years and beyond; they're not innocent children.

Well said.

14 hours ago, HornetFan said:

If you don't somehow place a penalty on the team (players), not just the coaching staff, you send the message that you're willing to allow NW to have a competitive advantage over teams that followed the rules and did not have the benefit of training as a team during the pandemic shut down. If these players don't know right from wrong at 16-18 years of age, they will carry that same sense of entitlement into their college years and beyond; they're not innocent children.

The school will probably be fined and might be penalized, loss of kick off classic or worst case possibly not eligible for the playoffs, but the kids will not be.  If the school gets the hammer the kids will just all leave to the next school.

Col. Jessup may have ordered the Code Red but, at the end of the day, Private Downey and Lance Corp. Dawson still received dishonorable discharges.   In other words, those who break the rules, even at the direction of their superior/coach, sometimes have to pay to price, as well. 

In addition to whatever punishment the coach(es) receive, I'd be inclined to suspend the players involved in the 'illegal practices'  a game or two.  However, I would allow the school to spread out the suspensions however they wanted over the course of the season so that NW could still field a (competitive?) team for each game of the season.  And I'd make sure the suspensions follow the players if they transfer to another school.   In fact, I think I might even double the suspension if a kid transfers, in hopes of adding a little disincentive to the decision-making process. 

Just my two cents. 

4 hours ago, badbird said:

The school will probably be fined and might be penalized, loss of kick off classic or worst case possibly not eligible for the playoffs, but the kids will not be.  If the school gets the hammer the kids will just all leave to the next school.

If that's the case, any football player transferring from NW should face at least a few games suspension at their new school. For them to condone cheating, the FHSAA would be sending a mixed message if they penalize a school and then allow those players to go about their merry way moving on to another school and never missing a game. When it comes to illegal transfers, both the school and player(s) are penalized by the FHSAA; this shouldn't be different. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 12:28 PM, 954gator said:

Yea keep up with some updates.  I personally have never taken any flu vaccine (rarely ever get sick),  but I'd love to hear from someone on the inside regarding this.

Me neither never took the Flu Vaccine... I will however take this one (only the version that my company produces though as I trust us).

On 5/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, HornetFan said:

Understand, disagree with the last part.  They aren't the ones organizing and holding the practices.  If the coach don't say show up then no one shows.  They are following (blindly) an authority figure.  But I agree with all else.

19 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Then I am going to trust and follow your lead, sir! JNJ vaccine or not at all!

I was just on a clinical trials status update call this morning.  One thing they noted that I have not heard is for these trials they are actively seeking a diverse patient base for testing purposes... Now I am not signing up to be the guinea pig but its good to know they want to know if the vaccines etc affect people differently based on genetic makeup.

21 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I was just on a clinical trials status update call this morning.  One thing they noted that I have not heard is for these trials they are actively seeking a diverse patient base for testing purposes... Now I am not signing up to be the guinea pig but its good to know they want to know if the vaccines etc affect people differently based on genetic makeup.

If I sign up and get seriously ill or die, will JNJ compensate my family?

4 hours ago, HornetFan said:

You're going to have to sign a release of liability just like they do with the flu shot each year.

That and the fact I have not had the flu in over 30 years and the fact the flu vaccine does not provide much immunity, all of these have led me to never take a flu shot. 

13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That and the fact I have not had the flu in over 30 years and the fact the flu vaccine does not provide much immunity, all of these have led me to never take a flu shot. 

I had a bad case of the flu about 40 years ago; every muscle and bone in my body ached for two weeks. Since that experience, I have made sure that I get my flu shot every Fall. When they get a vaccine for this virus, I will get the shot(s). It's going to be a problem if this vaccine receives the same resistance from people as we see for flu shots each year. They're preaching that the only way to stop the virus is a vaccine, but we have a society that is allowed to choose if they want to be vaccinated.

57 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

It's going to be a problem if this vaccine receives the same resistance from people as we see for flu shots each year. They're preaching that the only way to stop the virus is a vaccine, but we have a society that is allowed to choose if they want to be vaccinated

Part of the reason the flu vaccine has so much resistance, is that at best, it provides less than 50% protection. That's the reason I have never taken it. That and the fact I think I am probably immune to most strains of the flu since both the wife and one of my children have brought it home over the 30+ year period and I have not caught it from them. 

On 6/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

If I sign up and get seriously ill or die, will JNJ compensate my family?

I can't say... I am sure everyone who signs up signs some waiver/NDA spelling out what happens if it goes bad... knowing that part is beyond my reach.  I will say that based on what I know of the company I believe they would or they would not be living up to their CREDO.  Only been here 2 years but in my experience they live up to the CREDO difficult situations.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:42 PM, HornetFan said:

You're going to have to sign a release of liability just like they do with the flu shot each year.

Yeah, definitely something, although I think there maybe some sort of compensation they would give and also the family would not be able to sue. 

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

Yeah, definitely something, although I think there maybe some sort of compensation they would give and also the family would not be able to sue. 

You will almost certainly have to sign a form indemnifying them against any liability that may arise from you receiving the shot. That means no compensation and you give up your right and the right of anyone else to sue them.

19 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

You will almost certainly have to sign a form indemnifying them against any liability that may arise from you receiving the shot. That means no compensation and you give up your right and the right of anyone else to sue them.

Kind of like the release that the Trump campaign is making the folks in Tulsa sign before they can attend the rally on Saturday.  :D