Spring Sports gone

Perspective

10 minutes ago, Perspective said:

We knew it was coming.   FHSAA announces all 2020 spring sports officially canceled, including championship series.  

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2020/04/20/node-48906/fhsaa_coronavirus_update_-_4-20-20_final_final.pdf

Nothing anyone could do.  I'm really concerned about next year.  You know people are going to complain if they allow sports and there are crowds.  People are crazy and like to complain.

Assuming no rebounds, I think by August you could see schools and events open back up.

It requires 14 days in each "Phase" so the quickest you make it out of it would be 6 weeks, Florida won't really start until May 1st, so earliest is probably June 15th and really we can expect them to be a little cautious and maybe take 28 days in each phase that opens up by August 1st. 

Gyms (weight room) can open back up once a state gets back to Phase 1, so as long as coaches keep the number of kids in the weight room to a small number by going to morning, afternoon, evening sessions and constant wipe downs. You probably don't have any flag football tournaments or lineman camps, but I see football coming back in August. 

Now, if we see dramatic rise in cases once the restrictions are lifted than all bets are off.

I like the optimistic thinking, gatorman. 

I wouldn't be surprised (and, in fact, would be satisfied) if they gave kids a longer ramp-up period (since they missed spring ball), cut a game or two off the front end of the schedule and started up the regular season in mid-September.   I've said it before and I'll say it again:  boys in Florida really don't need to be playing tackle football in August because of the heat and the evening thunderstorms.   But that's just my opinion.   But, I'll take what I can get this fall. 

59 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I like the optimistic thinking, gatorman. 

I wouldn't be surprised (and, in fact, would be satisfied) if they gave kids a longer ramp-up period (since they missed spring ball), cut a game or two off the front end of the schedule and started up the regular season in mid-September.   I've said it before and I'll say it again:  boys in Florida really don't need to be playing tackle football in August because of the heat and the evening thunderstorms.   But that's just my opinion.   But, I'll take what I can get this fall. 

I like the idea. A regular season shortened by a couple games on the front end, makes a lot of sense.