Who Are These Great Former FL HS PLayers? The Davis Brothers/Southridge

OldSchoolLion

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

I didn't know that there were two other brothers.

The four Davis brothers all attended Miami Southridge and all four took turns leading Dade County in rushing back in the 90's.  

Eddie Davis (#1 in the first picture above) set the bar extremely high for his younger brothers (Troy, Darren and Jason) as the Dade county rusher leader in 1991. Troy and Darren would accept the challenge and both rush for over 2,000 yards -- as the Dade county rushing leaders. The youngest of the four, Jason Davis,  in the last picture, kept the tradition alive, as the Dade county leading rusher in 1999 -- rushing for 1,764 rushing yards and 22 TD's on 131 carries.

Not sure what happened to Eddie Davis after high school. Troy had two 2,000 yard rushing seasons at ISU and should have won the Heisman in 1996. Got drafted by the Saints and lasted 3-4 years. Had a great career in the CFL after the NFL. Darren followed him too ISU and had three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. I believe he also went to the CFL, but wasn't successful. I know Jason led Dade County in rushing his senior year in 1999 and was committed to ISU as well. I don't know if he ever made it to campus. I know he never played a game for them. 

Darren has a son, Darren Davis Jr., started at Columbus then transferred to Southridge. Not sure what has happened since then. There's another son, Derron Davis that is tearing it up at West Kendall Optomist. 

Last I heard (rumors) Troy and Darren are both broke living back in Goulds and Allapattah in South Dade.