Manatee vs Dwyer Playoff Video

OldSchoolLion

Good game between two evenly matched teams. I feel like the officials made a bad call which gave Manatee its first TD and, in the end, decided the outcome. 

Dwyer's QB was a load. One of the strongest runners I have seen at the position in Florida over the past 21 years. It's a pity he lacked accuracy throwing the ball which hurt his college career. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Good game between two evenly matched teams. I feel like the officials made a bad call which gave Manatee its first TD and, in the end, decided the outcome. 

Dwyer's QB was a load. One of the strongest runners I have seen at the position in Florida over the past 21 years. It's a pity he lacked accuracy throwing the ball which hurt his college career. 

What bad call do you feel that the officials made that gave Manatee it's first TD DarterBlue2?  

17 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

What bad call do you feel that the officials made that gave Manatee it's first TD DarterBlue2?  

A play where the ball was scooped up and taken for a touchdown by a Manatee defender in the second quarter to put Manatee on the board. It seemed pretty clear to me that the Dwyer player was down when the ball came lose. Now to be fair, it could be that no official got a clear view of what happened. But from the video, that TD should have been called back. 

23 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A play where the ball was scooped up and taken for a touchdown by a Manatee defender in the second quarter to put Manatee on the board. It seemed pretty clear to me that the Dwyer player was down when the ball came lose. Now to be fair, it could be that no official got a clear view of what happened. But from the video, that TD should have been called back. 

23 hours ago, badbird said:

clearly down.  Ripped it out as he was on the ground.

Those kind of plays are very difficult, especially if the official did not have a clear view of the football when the runner went down.

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

Those kind of plays are very difficult, especially if the official did not have a clear view of the football when the runner went down.

I acknowledged that in my explanation. However, I am pretty sure it was a missed call and, unfortunately, it impacted the final result of the game. I am not saying Dwyer was robbed, just that their loss was impacted by a missed/bad call. 

20 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I acknowledged that in my explanation. However, I am pretty sure it was a missed call and, unfortunately, it impacted the final result of the game. I am not saying Dwyer was robbed, just that their loss was impacted by a missed/bad call. 

I will have to watch the video to view the specific play that you are referring to. If the official's call was that incorrect, Dwyer hopefully sent the video of that play to the FHSAA.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:13 PM, Jambun82 said:

I will have to watch the video to view the specific play that you are referring to. If the official's call was that incorrect, Dwyer hopefully sent the video of that play to the FHSAA.

It was incorrect.  Watching it full speed it is hard to tell without replay and depending on where the official was located he could have easily been blocked.  Sending it in to the FHSAA does no good.  Who wants an apology?  At the end of the day you still lost.  Go out recruit some more players work harder and get better next year.  

Oh and curse out the officials on your way to your bus.  :D

2 hours ago, badbird said:

It was incorrect.  Watching it full speed it is hard to tell without replay and depending on where the official was located he could have easily been blocked.  Sending it in to the FHSAA does no good.  Who wants an apology?  At the end of the day you still lost.  Go out recruit some more players work harder and get better next year.  

LOL!!

7 hours ago, badbird said:

Badbird, if the play was sent in to the FHSAA, that organization could analyze the play, send it out to the Officials Associations, and suggest ways to improve whether it be positioning or another official with a better view possibly overruling the line judge/head linesman etc.  Then it could be used as a teaching point, so it could decrease the chance of a call like that being made again. As far as doing no good, cursing out the officials on the way to the bus achieves that, but it would probably make the coaches and players feel better obviously.

39 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Badbird, if the play was sent in to the FHSAA, that organization could analyze the play, send it out to the Officials Associations, and suggest ways to improve whether it be positioning or another official with a better view possibly overruling the line judge/head linesman etc.  Then it could be used as a teaching point, so it could decrease the chance of a call like that being made again. As far as doing no good, cursing out the officials on the way to the bus achieves that, but it would probably make the coaches and players feel better obviously.

Well whatever makes losing feel better I'm all for because I hate losing.

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I jus don't understand all this coaches cursin at the referee stuff...back in the day, we just took it out on the opposing team

What was the point of that lol.  Poor Woody had lost his mind.  If he would have just cursed at him he would have got a 8 game suspension by the FHSAA instead of done forever by the NCAA.

24 minutes ago, badbird said:

What was the point of that lol.  Poor Woody had lost his mind.  If he would have just cursed at him he would have got a 8 game suspension by the FHSAA instead of done forever by the NCAA.

How many games suspension would Don Zimmer have gotten this night if he had been a FL hs football coach?  Go to 1:40 for the action.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:31 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

How many games suspension would Don Zimmer have gotten this night if he had been a FL hs football coach?  Go to 1:40 for the action.

OldSchoolLion, the other question to ponder would be how many games would an official be suspended if he/she got as animated as the Umpire did with Don Zimmer on that video.

23 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Doesn't the FHSAA have a Stand Your Ground exemption for refs?

Not that I know of, but the FHSAA probably wouldn't issue the suspension. The FHSAA certainly could suspend, but more likely the suspension would come from the individual Officials Association. Also, the school could "scratch" that official from any of their games.