Who Is This FL HS Legend? Reinard Wilson/Columbia

OldSchoolLion

One of the better defensive players to come out of north FL.  Was a collegiate All-American and first round draft pick in the NFL, where he played linebacker.

Who is he?

Where did he play in high school?

Where did he play in college?

For which NFL team did he play?

Bonus question: What record did he break when he played? 

chs-1993-reinard-wilson.jpg

41 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

He has sworn off football, I thought I read... so maybe he is done for a while. (not the photo, the likely person to answer). 

You talking about my man, Columbiafan? He is alive and well on the National Football board with the sharks, barracudas and other predator fishes. 

On 5/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Caption please?

Columbia Football Eliminated by Lee for Second-Straight Year ...

Welcome to the BattleField, those sand patches are wear the actual mortars landed this week during artillery practice. (What an awful field). 

I get that school districts can't always afford Fieldturf, but if you are the Duval County School District, how are you not embarrassed by this field.

10 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Welcome to the BattleField, those sand patches are wear the actual mortars landed this week during artillery practice. (What an awful field). 

I get that school districts can't always afford Fieldturf, but if you are the Duval County School District, how are you not embarrassed by this field.

I hear the school practices every sport they can on the field, they use it as a home field advantage even though that field shouldn't be fit to hold a playoff game nor is it safe to be literally playing the a middle of a housing network but it is what it is

If we could ever just beat them in the regular season we could play the playoff rematch in a real stadium with a field that doesn't look like it was dragged in by a rip current

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This will be an interesting story to follow.  Venice has no proven RB headed in to spring which will be a first for a long time.  They have produced several Dairy Farmers player of the years in that position.  They also will have a massive offensive line with 2 three year starters who return as well as some stud young kids.  They will probably average around 6'4 295 on the line which is huge for Venice standards.  I just wonder if this will change before the start of the season.  I still fell like someone will show up.
    • Are you still talking to me??  Thought I was pretty clear for you not to waste your breath on this subject matter, but somehow you are missing the point.  Teacher unions have limited power in FL because the candidates they overwhelming support keep losing.  If they had won, the teacher union vote had a lot to do with it and would be wielding that power.  Osceola county which isn't a GOP stronghold during the past two national elections had the journalism students for the OHS monthly newsletter (Kowboy Jake) interview the faculty as to their political leanings.  A sample of about 30 teachers that were interviewed were voting as follows:  25 D vs 5 R.  Enough said.  
    • You missed the point of my union post. Teacher unions in strong union states have power. Florida unions have zero. They cant strike and the school board can implement a contract without the unions approval. Florida unions are not preventing any raise in Florida. The state has attacked a straw man here. 
    • As a general rule, I am not a big supporter of unions in the public sector in particular.  They certainly had a place in the private sector during the industrialization of our nation, but today not so much.  I have no first-hand experience with unions representing our local law enforcement or firefighters but my interaction with the teachers union over several years in that profession is the basis of my opinion.  
  • Popular Contributors