Who Is This FL HS Legend? Xavier Rhodes/Norland

OldSchoolLion

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he play in high school?

Where did he play in college?

Which Pro team drafted him?

Xavier Rhodes | Norland HS, Miami, FL | MaxPreps

Does not look like the adult version of him, but I am going to guess: Dwayne Bowe, Miami Norland High School, LSU college and Kansas City Chiefs.

The only reason for the guess is I know he wore # 80 at both LSU and Kansas City. So, I am guessing the same number at Norland. Funny thing is I was at the Norland/Edgewater game in 2002. One of the coldest nights I have ever attended a football game at in Florida. 

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Does not look like the adult version of him, but I am going to guess: Dwayne Bowe, Miami Norland High School, LSU college and Kansas City Chiefs.

The only reason for the guess is I know he wore # 80 at both LSU and Kansas City. So, I am guessing the same number at Norland. Funny thing is I was at the Norland/Edgewater game in 2002. One of the coldest nights I have ever attended a football game at in Florida. 

Good try, but no.

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

Xavier Rhodes

Norland

FSU

Minnesota

Xavier Rhodes was a two-sport star at Miami Norland, playing football and running track. His senior year he led his team in rushing and receiving.  He was "only" rated as a 3-star wr in hs.  After a redshirt year at FSU, he had a breakout year as a db and was named a consensus freshman All-American. He was also named the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year. In his senior year at FSU, Rhodes was targeted 47 times and allowed just 13 completions for 88 yards. He finished his career at FSU with 140 total tackles, seven for a loss, eight interceptions and 23 pass breakups. He was selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the 25th overall pick in 2013 NFL Draft.  He is now one of the best cb's in the NFL and a 3-time Pro Bowler. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ocala Vanguard https://x.com/VanguardFB/status/1772951193179840761?s=20
    • Just wait till spring is over and the top RB in the area will take his talent to 1 Indian Ave. 
    • This will be an interesting story to follow.  Venice has no proven RB headed in to spring which will be a first for a long time.  They have produced several Dairy Farmers player of the years in that position.  They also will have a massive offensive line with 2 three year starters who return as well as some stud young kids.  They will probably average around 6'4 295 on the line which is huge for Venice standards.  I just wonder if this will change before the start of the season.  I still fell like someone will show up.
    • Are you still talking to me??  Thought I was pretty clear for you not to waste your breath on this subject matter, but somehow you are missing the point.  Teacher unions have limited power in FL because the candidates they overwhelming support keep losing.  If they had won, the teacher union vote had a lot to do with it and would be wielding that power.  Osceola county which isn't a GOP stronghold during the past two national elections had the journalism students for the OHS monthly newsletter (Kowboy Jake) interview the faculty as to their political leanings.  A sample of about 30 teachers that were interviewed were voting as follows:  25 D vs 5 R.  Enough said.  
    • You missed the point of my union post. Teacher unions in strong union states have power. Florida unions have zero. They cant strike and the school board can implement a contract without the unions approval. Florida unions are not preventing any raise in Florida. The state has attacked a straw man here. 
  • Popular Contributors