Large Class State Championships Moving from Daytona

Perspective

Plus honestly if there any sport I rather see make the finals it's softball since it's a sport I would more likely get to attend the finals for, plus I'm in much better standing with the coaches and program in general out there and it would actually feel like I contributed in some way because I'm basically nothing to the football program these days 

It is what it is, by time I finished the senior year I was burnt out and them trying to replace me 2/3 of the years I was out there really didn't go over too well, at this point I do what I can in my capacity to support the athletes but I keep my distance from the program outside of that

On 6/6/2020 at 4:32 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My point is SFL fans were complaining about it being too far north but we know what it really was

They were gonna complain about anything that isn't in SFL, if it were up to them it would be held in Traz Powell with SFL refs 

Just like North fans complaining about traveling down south soooooooo!!!!!!

1 minute ago, muckboy561 said:

Just like North fans complaining about traveling down south soooooooo!!!!!!

You all were complaining about Daytona which is less than a hour north of Orlando

Yet you SFL people are suggesting ideas like FAU, FIU or Traz Powell which is a far greater extreme than Daytona was

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You all were complaining about Daytona which is less than a hour north of Orlando

Yet you SFL people are suggesting ideas like FAU, FIU or Traz Powell which is a far greater extreme than Daytona was

You know GC fans travel we don't care if the state championships is played 9 hours away trust me we'll be there!!!! Lol

2 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

Yea wherever whenever we'll be there 

Well I can at least respect the loyalty even though you essentially just proved that nobody should be complaining about travel for a state championship game

So it should be held at the best stadium available and travel is just what it is

Nobody cared about Vero Beach hosting softball or Fort Myers hosting baseball but they were using top level facilities so it should be same for football, best facilities and environment Should take precedence and I think Bragg up here in Tallahassee which holds over 25k (with ability to bring in additional Seating) and has done renovations semi recently Should get consideration 

Primarily because I don't think Florida could get approval to hold state championships on campus of another D1 FBS school while it's still in session which is one reason you don't see Doak Campbell or Ben Hill Griffin coming up as potential host options 

Yea I get it you want it close for you in North Florida. Man people will drive for a state game.. But since Florida is all about money , n most of the teams be form the south , FAU is a great choice and ppl can make it a weekend trip.. Them games can be at FAU next year and ppl from the north will still drive down.. do yourself a favor, get a DL , rent a car and drive down.. Sounds like you haven’t went out that lake city to Gainesville area..

4 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yea I get it you want it close for you in North Florida. Man people will drive for a state game.. But since Florida is all about money , n most of the teams be form the south , FAU is a great choice and ppl can make it a weekend trip.. Them games can be at FAU next year and ppl from the north will still drive down.. do yourself a favor, get a DL , rent a car and drive down.. Sounds like you haven’t went out that lake city to Gainesville area..

Zoe, he got the DL, but because he is young, renting a car is prohibitive. When you are under 25 it costs an arm and a leg. 

8 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Honestly this year they shouldn't consider any venue in any of the 3 SFL counties because those places are still covid hotspots

And I would never drive down that far myself, and I would only ride that far down if someone else was going and only way that happens is if Columbia makes finals which seems to be impossible these days because they continue to let a subpar program like Lee end their season 

8 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Been to Orlando

Been to Daytona

Been to Pensacola

Been to Tallahassee

Been to Jacksonville

Been to Bradenton/Tampa

On 6/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, Perspective said:

It was nice while it lasted.   Well, perhaps "nice" is an overstatement.   

FHSAA terminates contract with Daytona to host large classification state football finals.   Looking for a new site.  

Any chance FHSAA hits Orlando up with a late night text?  "Yo, O-town, you up?" 

WELL DAMN 1 YEAR! LOL.  Man I didnt go but I Could imagine it did not go as planned.

11 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Sound advice... My man HW by your age I was making that 4 hour trek between Tally and Clearwater and heading 2 hours in any direction any given Friday Night to watch some football.  If it was a really big game I would go further and me and the fellas would split a hotel (or find someone female to you know).

On 6/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, nolebull813 said:

Too bad FAU doesn’t host. That’s the only place that makes real sense. Big enough to hold the biggest possible crowd, but small enough to not make it look pathetic when 1-2K show up 

South Florida should always host. They put the most teams in state every year. 

FAU would get good publicity for all the studs playing too. It would let a lot of kids come to their stadium for an unofficial visit. 

FAU is too far south for schools in the panhandle. 

5 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

FAU is too far south for schools in the panhandle. 

Not to mention they wouldn't use a D1 college for the host, otherwise they would have used UCF stadium which would have been smaller and not overdoing it by having loads of empty seats like the citrus bowl does

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not to mention they wouldn't use a D1 college for the host, otherwise they would have used UCF stadium which would have been smaller and not overdoing it by having loads of empty seats like the citrus bowl does

I'm a UCF season ticket holder and it's a great stadium for a game if you have 45,000 fans in the seats. The kids playing for a state championship deserve to play in a stadium that doesn't look like it's three quarters empty. That's why the Orlando City Soccer stadium would be ideal; plenty of hotel rooms for overnight stay, holds about 20,000 fans, located in center of the state with easy access from several highways. It's almost too good a fit.