Madison County, National Powerhouse?

Jesse

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Why can't Columbia become a powerhouse?

Because our county is stupid and split into 2 high schools when they didn't need to

In reality if you flipped Madison and Columbia and where they played you would see similar results, Madison wouldn't have won state playing in 6a and 7a like we have and we would have won multiple state titles with ease if we played in 1a

You have said it yourself, 1a is garbage so it's pretty easy to realize that Columbia would have dominated 1a in Madison place, especially if we didn't have to share talent with Fort White

The last few years Columbia High was the only high school in the county here was the results

3rd round 

1st round

State runner up

3rd round

3rd round

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because our county is stupid and split into 2 high schools when they didn't need to

In reality if you flipped Madison and Columbia and where they played you would see similar results, Madison wouldn't have won state playing in 6a and 7a like we have and we would have won multiple state titles with ease if we played in 1a

You have said it yourself, 1a is garbage so it's pretty easy to realize that Columbia would have dominated 1a in Madison place, especially if we didn't have to share talent with Fort White

The last few years Columbia High was the only high school in the county here was the results

3rd round 

1st round

State runner up

3rd round

3rd round

Yall still have more depth. Its probably just coaching,  Mike coe got offered to coach at Valdosta, he could probably win multiple titles with Columbia, and pretty much any other highschool in the entire world. Yall had elite players, i watch yall get worked by madison last year. Madison had alot of new players. Im telling you the level that their playing at is very good. Because they had a young team. Which is younger this year. Who gonna replace Jordan Smith, bell, and everyone else. How come yall didn't blow madison out last year. You lucky madison didn't have travis jay back just to be quarterback.  Last year 42-21 madison wins. Mike coe is a elite coach, top 5 in Florida in country. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yall still have more depth. Its probably just coaching,  Mike coe got offered to coach at Valdosta, he could probably win multiple titles with Columbia, and pretty much any other highschool in the entire world. Yall had elite players, i watch yall get worked by madison last year. Madison had alot of new players. Im telling you the level that their playing at is very good. Because they had a young team. Which is younger this year. Who gonna replace Jordan Smith, bell, and everyone else. How come yall didn't blow madison out last year. You lucky madison didn't have travis jay back just to be quarterback.  Last year 42-21 madison wins. Mike coe is a elite coach, top 5 in Florida in country. 

We had several starters on defense out with injury when we went to Madison

2 DL starters were out 

Had best run stopping LB go down mid game for the season

Had 3 DBs out 

And under what reality does one player turn the game into a blowout, you think Coe would win state titles at Columbia but that you put a unsupported argument like you do with Travis Jay and I'm supposed to buy it?

These coaches put in hours upon hours every day, the problem is most the players out here aren't committed because they got this idea in their head they already a elite program and too many people get in their heads and lie to them, just like the school tries to make people think the program has a good fanbase but in reality the fanbase has sold out on the program, it's one of the primary reasons I'm almost completely fed up with football in general as being around this program lately and many of the people out here make me hate the time I am out there because they would rather sit here and push a false agenda then agknowledge that there is a problem that has to be fixed, I've actually been almost exclusively to softball the last 2 years time wise because at least the people out there are honest and can see that I'm willing to do anything to help the program and aren't working behind my back to try and get me removed from the school which is kinda funny because the school pushes this agenda that they are all about alumni coming together as family yet unless you are a student or work for the school the only time alumni are welcome out there is homecoming week, because I'm out there year round trying to help with getting the athletes and programs exposure but the school fights my efforts at every turn and try to get me pushed out the door 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We had several starters on defense out with injury when we went to Madison

2 DL starters were out 

Had best run stopping LB go down mid game for the season

Had 3 DBs out 

And under what reality does one player turn the game into a blowout, you think Coe would win state titles at Columbia but that you put a unsupported argument like you do with Travis Jay and I'm supposed to buy it?

These coaches put in hours upon hours every day, the problem is most the players out here aren't committed because they got this idea in their head they already a elite program and too many people get in their heads and lie to them, just like the school tries to make people think the program has a good fanbase but in reality the fanbase has sold out on the program, it's one of the primary reasons I'm almost completely fed up with football in general as being around this program lately and many of the people out here make me hate the time I am out there because they would rather sit here and push a false agenda then agknowledge that there is a problem that has to be fixed, I've actually been almost exclusively to softball the last 2 years time wise because at least the people out there are honest and can see that I'm willing to do anything to help the program and aren't working behind my back to try and get me removed from the school which is kinda funny because the school pushes this agenda that they are all about alumni coming together as family yet unless you are a student or work for the school the only time alumni are welcome out there is homecoming week, because I'm out there year round trying to help with getting the athletes and programs exposure but the school fights my efforts at every turn and try to get me pushed out the door 

I'm sorry to hear that man, that's really messed up, I live in blountstown, yeah I was a fan until they only play easy teams no matter the class. All easy i got tried of it. And decided to go with madcoe because they play anybody. And the players are committed. Blountstown excuse is nobody wants to play them. Everyone scared to lose. But they played florida high and got blown out. And they ain't scheduled them no more. I was a big blountstown fan, I played for them. But I won't go for any team scared to play teams.

Madison has been talked about over and over. They are a traditionally great program that is always in the hunt but most times fall short when they face someone with superior or equal talent. I believe they have 2 state titles when playing in the class they have the allotted kids for. I believe 98, 07 I might be wrong, Then they have won several when moving down into 1A where those teams just can’t compete. Coe is a good coach great motivator and does a good job there but I’m not sure him many people believe they are out X and O people. The fact that a good Pahokee team, nothing special had Madison beat this year and it took a miracle  comeback should answer the question you’ve asked. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Madison has been talked about over and over. They are a traditionally great program that is always in the hunt but most times fall short when they face someone with superior or equal talent. I believe they have 2 state titles when playing in the class they have the allotted kids for. I believe 98, 07 I might be wrong, Then they have won several when moving down into 1A where those teams just can’t compete. Coe is a good coach great motivator and does a good job there but I’m not sure him many people believe they are out X and O people. The fact that a good Pahokee team, nothing special had Madison beat this year and it took a miracle  comeback should answer the question you’ve asked. 

Keep talking please watch this team this year. You will change your mind

On 6/7/2020 at 4:32 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

The 2003 Madison County team was possibly the most hyped MC team ever.  They were ranked #1 in Florida all classifications coming into the state final and got smoked by Chaminade-Madonna 27-0.  And many would argue that CM team could not have beaten the best of Dade that year.    

MC has a fine program and much to be proud of, but thinking they could beat the powerhouses of Dade and Broward...

...what I mentioned above...MC was very highly regarded that year, and then they ran into Chaminade.

Rnk School Class W-L pts
1 Melbourne Palm Bay 5A 9-0 295
2 Madison County 2A 8-0-1 288
3 Miami Northwestern 6A 9-0 278
4 Daytona Beach Mainland 5A 8-0 262
5 Jacksonville Bolles 3A 8-0 238
6 Tallahassee Lincoln 4A 8-1 230
7 Lake City Columbia 4A 8-1 215
8 Pahokee 2B 9-0 206
9 Seffner Armwood 4A 9-0 203
10 Miami Edison 5A 8-1 180
11 Miami Carol City 6A 8-1 179
12 Sarasota Booker 3A 9-0 170
13 Belle Glade Glades Central 3A 9-0 152
14 Hollywood Chaminade Prep 2A 8-1 137

15 Pompano Beach Ely 6A 8-1 135
16 Jacksonville Trinity Chr. A 8-0 105
17 Orlando Edgewater 6A 7-2 102
18 Miami Southridge 6A 8-1 90
19 Palm Beach Gardens 6A 9-0 80
20 Lakeland Kathleen 3A 9-0 59
21 Green Cove Springs Clay 3A 8-1 55
22 Plantation 6A 8-1 54
23 Deerfield Beach 6A 8-1 37
24 Tampa Jefferson 3A 8-1 26
25 Naples 5A 8-1 19
25 Cross City Dixie County 2B 9-0 19

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:
Port St. Lucie Centennial (4A, 9-0) 18; Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas (5A, 7-2) 14; Palatka (3A, 8-1) 13; Fort Myers (4A, 7-2) 7; Lakeland Lake Gibson (4A, 7-2) 6; Hollywood McArthur (5A, 8-1) 5; Delray Beach American Heritage (A, 10-0) 5; Jacksonville Raines (3A, 7-1) 5; Crawfordville Wakulla (2A, 8-1) 4; St. Augustine (3A, 6-2) 3; Cocoa (3A, 7-2) 2; Middleburg (3A, 6-3) 2; Live Oak Suwannee (3A, 6-3) 1; Miami Palmetto (6A, 7-1) 1.

I don't fault MC for not defeating MIami-Dade powers because they haven't played them.  That said, MC has lost to a number of Broward schools over the years.   Columbia has gotten the best of MC 2 of the last 3 times.  Please list the legit Top 25 FL schools MC has beaten in the last 5 years. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Over the past 15 years, I believe Madison County is 0-4 against Georgia teams.  Maybe they should focus on beating regional talent before being national powerhouses.

2015   Lost to Brooks County

2011   Lost to Colquitt County

2007   Lost to Coffee County

2006   Lost to Coffee County

Colguitt and Coffee are some good programs. 

A crazy thing personally for me about Madison Co is I’ve been watching high school football since the 80’s. Traveling to big games or playoff games from Orlando/Tampa to the panhandle and most of the title games. Until the last couple of years I had seen Madison play probably 10 times and only saw them win maybe twice. That’s certainly no knock on the cowboys because they we’re losing in the title game or to Bolles, Trinity or some other power.