2020 Florida Football teams to watch

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm in early process of my preseason rankings and I have a good number of teams already but I want to get some teams to consider in case I haven't already

Call madison,  mad dynasty for now on okay 

2 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

In your rankings do spring games have any effect on them???

Well there wasn't any spring games this year so it wouldn't matter now but normally I only look at spring games to try and identify players to keep a eye on and see what positions could be good for certain teams 

I would say it probably has at max 5-10% of my evaluation for preseason rankings, normally I look for information from sources around the state who help fill me in on teams to watch and what teams are picking up transfers/heavy in returning talent 

Then I also take into account programs who are consistent, coaching changes, coaching stability and other minor factors when finalizing the rankings

Once the games start I only judge game performance, meaning that if say STA or Miami Central for example went and started 0-3 or 0-4 

They would plummet in the rankings regardless of how many players with D1 offers they have because once games start I only judge what the on the field product shows and how teams perform against similar/better competition which means when teams beat teams who are significantly higher in the poll they get a huge boost as a result with the idea of trying to balance teams to tiers so that similar able teams are grouped in a general area of the rankings

Teams who only beat teams ranked below them will barley rise if at all in the rankings week to week because they aren't rising their stock in the rankings by beating teams lower than them

4 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Wow, all you gotta do is win 5 state titles and you are a bonyfied dynasty folks.  Holy cow, we've got a ton of dynasties in FL.  Guess it is not such a big deal to be called a dynasty.:rolleyes:

Dude they won 3 in a row. Thats a dynasty  dude look it up. Alabama has only 5 titles. Under saban thats a dynasty. Clemson would have if they won last year. 

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

Dude they won 3 in a row. Thats a dynasty  dude look it up. Alabama has only 5 titles. Under saban thats a dynasty. Clemson would have if they won last year. 

A dynasty is built over a long period of time.  In FHSAA terms, that is a program that consistently wins decade after decade.  Suwannee won 4 titles in a row back in the 80's.  Then they quickly fell off the map.  Ask anyone today if the Suwannee football program is a dynasty and they would look at you funny. 20 years from now we'll talk about whether Madison County's program can be considered a dynasty.  

IMO, a football program "dynasty" is also defined by the greatness of its competition.   Those Suwannee teams took advantage of a relatively weak class those years they won, just as Madison County has taken advantage of moving down to 1A and beating up on competition that is limited.  If Alabama moved down to FCS and started kicking butt, nobody would be talking "dynasty." 

MC had its chance to prove itself when it played in the higher classes against the likes of Bolles, Chaminade, Glades Central, Clewiston, South Sumter, etc. MC did well, but they certainly did not dominate.  Once again, MC has a fine program.  But winning a few state titles in 1A does not make one a dynasty.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

A dynasty is built over a long period of time.  In FHSAA terms, that is a program that consistently wins decade after decade.  Suwannee won 4 titles in a row back in the 80's.  Then they quickly fell off the map.  Ask anyone today if the Suwannee football program is a dynasty and they would look at you funny. 20 years from now we'll talk about whether Madison County's program can be considered a dynasty.  

IMO, a football program "dynasty" is also defined by the greatness of its competition.   Those Suwannee teams took advantage of a relatively weak class those years they won, just as Madison County has taken advantage of moving down to 1A and beating up on competition that is limited.  If Alabama moved down to FCS and started kicking butt, nobody would be talking "dynasty." 

MC had its chance to prove itself when it played in the higher classes against the likes of Bolles, Chaminade, Glades Central, Clewiston, South Sumter, etc. MC did well, but they certainly did not dominate.  Once again, MC has a fine program.  But winning a few state titles in 1A does not make one a dynasty.

Madison County played tough teams in the regular season.  State runner ups, and 

Semi final teams, a football factory school with Canada players. Who beat the no.1 team in Tennessee,  but I guess madison has to beat a Miami school to make you believe. They been smacking higher schools, they a dynasty dude. All alabama did was win 3 and they became one. Clemson was about to be one. Madison not going anywhere,  you better believe that. 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Madison County played tough teams in the regular season.  State runner ups, and 

Semi final teams, a football factory school with Canada players. Who beat the no.1 team in Tennessee,  but I guess madison has to beat a Miami school to make you believe. They been smacking higher schools, they a dynasty dude. All alabama did was win 3 and they became one. Clemson was about to be one. Madison not going anywhere,  you better believe that. 

Of course they smoking higher schools

Basically everyone they play is higher than them :rolleyes: and winning 3 national titles like Alabama did and winning 3 JV titles like Madison did are completely different Comparisons

You don't have to go to Miami, there are powerhouses in Broward County too lol

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Of course they smoking higher schools

Basically everyone they play is higher than them :rolleyes: and winning 3 national titles like Alabama did and winning 3 JV titles like Madison did are completely different Comparisons

You don't have to go to Miami, there are powerhouses in Broward County too lol

Dynasty , and those comparisons aren't to far apart.  Because alabama run college football.  They are the best. Just like North Dakota state does. 

DP has a huge o-line, returning five guys who started last year (one for West Orange). So far, 2 have P5 offers (3 total have D1 offers); all 5 have college offers; average weight ~290. 

RB with multiple P5 offers

2 WR with multiple P5 offers, 1 other with D2 offer

Defense a question mark but some D1 guys are on that side of the ball as well.

Should be better than last year's 9-3 team. 

1 hour ago, Pipe Dreams said:

DP has a huge o-line, returning five guys who started last year (one for West Orange). So far, 2 have P5 offers (3 total have D1 offers); all 5 have college offers; average weight ~290. 

Who is DP.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

In Central Florida, Dr Phillips has the potential to be a good team this year, with returning starters on the line and their big transfer. I would also consider several playoff teams from last year that are returning strong rosters such as Edgewater, Jones, and Seminole. They will all be tough. Another team to watch is Winter Park. They are loaded at the skill positions with a lot of speed; they also benefit from some good transfers coming over this past January. Timber Creek should also be good if they can replace their QB that graduated. 

JAX TCA has 19 senior coming back out of those 19, 7  have committed 1 still waiting to commit and might others later on down the line

Marcus Burke #4 Committed to Florida

Cj Ross #9 committed to USF 

Corey Coley #6 committed to Maryland 

Jacory Jordan #5 committed to bowling green

kaleb killian #1 with 5 d-1 offers including Florida 

Lucius Lattimore #13 committed to FAMU

Austin barber #58 committed to Minnesota 

Terrell Jackson #17 committed to army 

Cocoa and Rockledge are the teams to beat out of Brevard. Cocoa's offense is gonna move the ball well on the ground and through the air. Especially with the addition of Viera's top receiver. The defense should be solid and much approved. They recently got 2 transfers from Canada. Rockledge's offense is also much improved with the addition of Viera's starting quarterback and returning pieces. As a whole Brevard is sittin well but Viera will have alot to prove. Look for Melbourne to rise in Brevard. Eau Gallie to improve and believe it or not Palm Bay and possibly Bayside.

24 minutes ago, SubZero said:

It sucks that this is not a normal "regular season" Can't figure out which teams to watch for here in SFL due to Covid-19. 

I agree

By now I would have already released my state rankings for preseason but I been holding off because I'm not sure any rankings will resemble being accurate

On 8/1/2020 at 11:43 AM, goblu said:

I see American Collegiate Academy (Clearwater) has brought in some class of '19 and '20 guys.  Let's see what the men from Detroit can do against Florida competition.

Sorry, my bad.  The web site mentioned in the hype video goes to some other school in Boston.  The actual web site americancollegiate.us is disabled.