Disney games

nolebull813

Disney was supposed to have like 15 games but due to Covid 19, only 4 teams are coming to Central Fla. These games aren’t relevant nationally, but interesting nonetheless. 

Spruce Creek vs Acalanes,CA

Lake Placid vs Marple Newtown,PA

Lemon Bay vs Cedar Grove,NJ

Jensen Beach vs Dakota Ridge,CO

40 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Disney was supposed to have like 15 games but due to Covid 19, only 4 teams are coming to Central Fla. These games aren’t relevant nationally, but interesting nonetheless. 

Spruce Creek vs Acalanes,CA

Lake Placid vs Marple Newtown,PA

Lemon Bay vs Cedar Grove,NJ

Jensen Beach vs Dakota Ridge,CO

Spruce Creek game is off

On 6/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With the spike in Florida recently there is no guarantee any of these games happen 

Heck there's no guarantee that we will have any games to attend as fans 

Waaaa waaaa waaaa

download.jpg

Right now its going to be hard press to see most of the interstate games actually happen this year. I see very few and those will be limited to our bordering states and that is it. That also hinges on the limitations of travel the counties place on their schools (outside of district games and valid contracts). 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Joshua Wilson said:

Right now its going to be hard press to see most of the interstate games actually happen this year. I see very few and those will be limited to our bordering states and that is it. That also hinges on the limitations of travel the counties place on their schools (outside of district games and valid contracts). 

Winter Park still shows Delaware Valley (PA) visiting WP in the second game of the season. I seriously doubt that will happen. What will be interesting is what Florida team will fill that vacancy.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, HornetFan said:

Winter Park still shows Delaware Valley (PA) visiting WP in the second game of the season. I seriously doubt that will happen. What will be interesting is what Florida team will fill that vacancy.

Delaware Valley (PA) just this past week announced on their Facebook page that their Florida game with Winter Park has been postponed from 2020 to 2021. Time for WP to search out a replacement team for their second game of this year. I seriously doubt many, if any, teams from northern states will be journeying too far out of state during this upcoming football season.

Before the shutdown, Spring sports had to cancel out of county games/meets because of spread unless district game.  No way any out of state games will be played this year I can almost 100% guarantee it. Schools need to get ahead of that or going to be left with open dates.  Only team maybe getting away with it is IMG .

On 6/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, HornetFan said:

Yeah I don't see it happening either... if it does, then I will be totally shocked. Will have to message them and ask them about it.

19 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

Before the shutdown, Spring sports had to cancel out of county games/meets because of spread unless district game.  No way any out of state games will be played this year I can almost 100% guarantee it. Schools need to get ahead of that or going to be left with open dates.  Only team maybe getting away with it is IMG .

As far as I understand some of the games vs. Georgia teams are going to happen no matter what. As I have said it comes down to what each county does... also depends what the FHSAA Fall Sports Task Force recommends to the board of directors and what FLDOE and the Governor ultimately decides. 

21 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah the folks at the Disney event said the 4 games I listed at the top were the only ones happening at the time she responded. Then @badbird said the Spruce Creek game is off. So now it’s 3 at most. They might just shut it all down in the end. 

Sounds like Spruce Creek is going to East Ridge to replace that game... so I like that. That will be a nice matchup for both programs. 

15 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Sounds like Spruce Creek is going to East Ridge to replace that game... so I like that. That will be a nice matchup for both programs. 

Spruce should roll by 21 plus. East Ridge is not very good and the distance in talent between the two is far. I would say Spruce picks 42-14 as the score 

1 hour ago, badbird said:

I'm guessing it will be 0-0.   Doom and gloom from Covid back on the way.

Sad, but probably true, and probably the right thing to do. 

We did not make good enough use of the lock down time, in terms of testing and tracing. The demonstrations and people just ignoring safety rules have pretty much guaranteed that we won't have a second wave, as the first wave has never gone away. Yesterday, for the first time since early May there were over 30,000 new cases. And this is more troubling than you would think based on face value. For back in April and May, a high percentage of cases were coming from just two states: NY and NJ. Now the cases are way more spread out and: Florida, California, Texas and Arizona, specifically, seem to be the new hot spots. 

On 6/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, Joshua Wilson said:

Yeah I don't see it happening either... if it does, then I will be totally shocked. Will have to message them and ask them about it.

Just learned from a pretty reliable source that WP has added Cooper City to their schedule to replace Delaware Valley (PA), who decided to postpone playing in Florida till next year. 

On 6/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, HornetFan said:

Just learned from a pretty reliable source that WP has added Cooper City to their schedule to replace Delaware Valley (PA), who decided to postpone playing in Florida till next year. 

Makes sense since Cooper City was supposed to play a Colorado team at Disney this year as well. Winter Park should handle them pretty comfortably 

Word is Broward teams being told no games out of the Tri-County (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) will be approved. This will probably mess with some schedules. Also, being told to not be surprised if that gets restricted further to nothing out of Broward like they did with spring sports unless necessary like a district game.

2 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

Word is Broward teams being told no games out of the Tri-County (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) will be approved. This will probably mess with some schedules. Also, being told to not be surprised if that gets restricted further to nothing out of Broward like they did with spring sports unless necessary like a district game.

My grandson told me Winter Park would only play Cooper City if they travelled to Orlando; Orange County schools may not approve travel to South Florida.. Another possibility is Rockledge.