4A South

soflofootfan

Should be an interesting year in the South. The top four teams are all in the South with BTW, Clewiston, Cocoa, and Glades Central. Obviously, this class belongs to BTW and are by far the clear favorite. But, barring any major upsets in the first round, it will most likely be Glades Central playing BTW and Clewiston playing Cocoa in the quarterfinals. 

I don't think GC will have enough to significantly challenge BTW for anymore than a quarter. GC is much improved from the beginning of the season but they won't be able to rely on their athleticism winning this game as they do in most of their match-ups. 

The Cocoa vs Clewiston game is think is much more intriguing this year and has already been talked about and anticipated since the end of last years game which was very competitive. The big change is that the game will be in Clewiston this year after years of Clewiston making the 2.5 hour trip to Cocoa. Cocoa continues to be a powerhouse this season and has returned their most talented play makers from a year ago. Their only loss was out of state to a good team in a game which they could have won. Clewiston has returned virtually their entire team from a year ago and has demolished the competition to this point. However, Cocoa will undoubtably be their biggest test of the season when they play. They have continued to improve since Coach Walker returned home to coach the Tigers. 

So whats everyones opinions of 4A South this year and how do you see things playing out? Will anyone be able to challenge BTW this year? Where will the semi finals be played this year?

Also, who will represent the North? Bolles, Raines, or someone else? 

In the North I think it will come down to the winner of a Raines/Bolles rematch .  I would lean Bolles here just because they are home.  Madison County might make a little noise if the stars are in alignment....

In the South , BTW will march into the Championship. Glades Central could pull off a upset with maybe a +6 turnover ratio!  Clewiston has destroyed opponents all year but I think their popcorn schedule might finally catch up to them. 

Cocoa/Clewiston should be a great game but as far as anyone challenging BTW in 4A .....only BTW can beat themselves!

I agree on the North it'll be either Bolles or Raines which should be a great game. I cannot go against Corky Rodgers in that game so I'll take Bolles. In the south it's pretty interesting I think BTW is the favorite and will get to Orlando again, but you gotta look at Clewiston and Cocoa has having a shot to maybe give BTW a tougher game in the semi-finals. I do not think GC can compete with BTW maybe for a quarter as you stated but that would be about it. 

Any of you know if the semi final will be played in the north districts or south districts this year? Will it be held in Cocoa/Clew or down in Miami? How is that determined from year to year? 

I am not sure I'll look into it. Either way I think BTW wins, regardless of where it is played and that is no disrespect to the team they would be playing it's just they are that good. 

I've got the North champ coming out of the Raines/Bolles game. I'm gonna go with Raines to win again. Mad Co played Trinity Christian this year and I was unimpressed. Usually they are much better. 

Out of the South, it's hard to argue with BTW but Cocoa is serious. Plus a bunch of great guys. Cocoa can play so to me, that will be a h*ll-raising game.

My $o.o2

This should be a fun Friday with some great match ups. 

In the north Bolles will be playing at Raines and will be a rematch of a game played earlier in the season in which Raines won by a score. Corky seems to always have his guys playing their best football at the end of the year though and its always hard to beat a good team twice. I like Bolles by a TD or two. 

Madison County will be playing Florida High. I think Madison will take this one but we should be able to see if they are ready to challenge Raines/Bolles in the semi's. Based on last Friday's game against Fort White, it doesn't look good for them after this round. Is Madison still running that wing-t to perfection like they did years back? 

Cocoa will be playing at Clewiston this year. I know Clewiston is ready to get the Cocoa monkey off their back after being handled by them the past several years. Last year Clewiston got close, but in the end Cocoa was too much. This is by far the best Clewiston team since the 2006 team that went in to triple overtime with Bolles in the state finals. I think if they can keep Judson contained (a hard task) and limit the big plays, they could have a chance. Cocoa is really good this year, period. If you go back and watch that Trinity game they dropped earlier in the season, I really think they were the better team. 

Glades Central traveling to Miami to play BTW is interesting to me. Not because I think GC has a chance, but because I want to see how great this BTW team is compared to last years. Glades Central has the horses to play early but it is fair to say this one shouldn't be any closer than three touchdowns when it is all said and done. I think that depending on how thing go, we should be able to see if anyone has any chance in hell at beating these guys the next two games. 

I realize that BTW is the wayyyyy out front favorite to cruise through these playoffs. This is pretty damn close to a sure thing in my mind as there can be. However, this BTW team is not as good as last years and the opposition in the class I would say is slightly better than last. Crazier things have happened. Either way, it will be fun to see how things play out. 

Gotta stick with Raines on this one SoFlo. I know it's hard to do the double but in my opinion they are a little more battle tested. You can't argue with what Bolles is but they can't run from Raines like they have from some other schools in this area. 

Gotta stick with Raines on this one SoFlo. I know it's hard to do the double but in my opinion they are a little more battle tested. You can't argue with what Bolles is but they can't run from Raines like they have from some other schools in this area. 

I like your thoughts on Raines JB. However, it is hard for me to go against Corky Rodgers in a big game let alone a rematch. However, it wouldn't shock me to see Raines beat Bolles.

I do agree the North champion will come out of that game. 

I like your thoughts on Raines JB. However, it is hard for me to go against Corky Rodgers in a big game let alone a rematch. However, it wouldn't shock me to see Raines beat Bolles.

I do agree the North champion will come out of that game. 

I agree. Seems like Corky always finds a way to neutralize what other teams do best. They always have good athletes but often times at this point in they season play teams that have superior athletes at the skilled positions and seem to be able to level that out by coaching. I will be hoping for Raines to pull this one out though because it would be fun to watch them match up with the athletes from the south. 

I agree. Seems like Corky always finds a way to neutralize what other teams do best. They always have good athletes but often times at this point in they season play teams that have superior athletes at the skilled positions and seem to be able to level that out by coaching. I will be hoping for Raines to pull this one out though because it would be fun to watch them match up with the athletes from the south. 

I agree I am hoping Raines pulls this off, but I pick with my head haha. Truthfully would not mind seeing another Bolles/BTW matchup in Orlando, but also kind of want to see someone different come out of the North this season.

Raines is an excellent team so it would not shock me at all to see them beat Bolles twice which brings me to a question. How many times has Corky Rodgers and Bolles been beaten twice in the same season by the same team? 

Probably not very often. 

There's no denying Corky and his staff know what they're doing. BUT....they aren't playing. Their kids will be prepared and will have a good game plan. But don't think Raines is just going out and try to "out-athlete" them. Wiley is a good coach too and IMO Raines has played some tougher opponents. That's what I mean by battle-tested. Guess we'll find out soon enough. (Btw, have no affiliation with either)

Interested in that Cocoa game too. 

There's no denying Corky and his staff know what they're doing. BUT....they aren't playing. Their kids will be prepared and will have a good game plan. But don't think Raines is just going out and try to "out-athlete" them. Wiley is a good coach too and IMO Raines has played some tougher opponents. That's what I mean by battle-tested. Guess we'll find out soon enough. (Btw, have no affiliation with either)

Interested in that Cocoa game too. 

I agree. Wiley is a very good coach in my opinion and you do have a point on the strength of schedule. I will be keeping an eye on that Cocoa game as well. I think Cocoa has a pretty good team this season, but sadly I think Booker T Washington has their third straight title at least in their sights. 

I hear ya SoFlo. One big one up North and one big one down South IMO.

Florida State Seminoles should lose to Mad Co tonight but it will be interesting to see which Cowboy team shows up North. For my "other" game on the South side of the bracket BTW should walk Glades Central but those muck boys aren't going down without a fight!

I hear ya SoFlo. One big one up North and one big one down South IMO.

Florida State Seminoles should lose to Mad Co tonight but it will be interesting to see which Cowboy team shows up North. For my "other" game on the South side of the bracket BTW should walk Glades Central but those muck boys aren't going down without a fight!

And it's raining down here.,. Should be a close one till half time.....

....and THAT'S why they play the games! Lol. Either way I knew Raines/Bolles was gonna be a dogfight and it sure was! I'm going out on a limb here ( ;) ) and saying that minus self-destruction Bolles is getting a medal this season. Which color will it be?

Cocoa and Clewiston was a battle as well. Not sure if Cocoa is gonna have the firepower at their disposal that will be necessary next week when they face that stout BTW team. 

Bolles vs BTW for the marbles guys!

Bolles will take the game against a down Mad Co. It's funny to say that because of where they've made it in the playoffs but Mad Co is not as good as they have been before. I mentioned this before but I watched them play Trinity Christian this season and they were not the team I've seen before. Bolles is as advertised.

IMO, Cocoa does NOT have the firepower to knock off BTW. Again, funny to say this considering where Cocoa has made it into the playoffs but they aren't the Cocoa of old either.

I stand behind my statement of Bolles/BTW in the medal round.  

Unfortunately, it's BTW over Cocoa for the hardware. I really was pulling for Cocoa to knock off the beast. Literally, just a bit short. 

Boles did what I thought they'd do. Hats off to both crews. Should make for a good gold medal game!