4A South

soflofootfan

4A was a tough class this year.

BTW of course is BTW, and still king of the hill. They let it be known early in the season that they wanted the nation to take notice and respect the Tornadoes by taking on a very talented Tucker Georgia team. They are the 4A program to beat but some other schools made ot clear that they want to be contenders. BTW will build another great team next year and I'm sure they're going to focus on getting their 4th straight championship to set a Florida record for most back to back.

Clewiston wasn't the Clewiston of the last few years getting rung out like a wet mop. Walker made sure that his club was going to be competitive and in the game for 4 quarters. Those guys were in great condition and very practiced. Wouldn't surprise me to see them at the top of the class again in 15. Not sure how good they will be next year but I do know they have the potential to be another top 4A program. Side note; the whole town is behind Clewsiton. When you drive in for a game the store fronts are covered with Clewiston Tiger support.

Cocoa was under the gun, they started their season 3 weeks behind the rest of Florida if you count the pre season game. St. Francis and Champagnat cancelled and they didn't have a warm up game. It showed in the first 2 games then took it's toll when they fell to Nationally ranked Trinity Ky by 3 missed xtra points. They rolled right up till Clewiston. That was a game that was played like it was in O-town. Cocoa's next test was the Tornado's which most thought was going to be another tough game. It was and Cocoa fell 2 feet short of tying the game when Judson tripped going in for a 2 point conversion. The game was a 2nd half thriller right up to the hail Mary that was caught by C Guardner as time expired. Note; Cocoa returns most of their talent for 2015 and the JV shut out every opponent on their schedule with an average victory of 37 - 0.

Glades made strides this past season and I'm not sure who will be coaching in 2015. They played a very tough AH Delray to within 1 TD and lost to ELY 16-0 before running up a streak until the regional against BTW. If Stevenson returns you can always count on them to be a contender in what ever class they play in. Glades will lose a lot from their team this season but have a knack for finding the right guys and developing them into playmakers. Don't sleep on them in 15. 

Raines was a real contender this year beating Bolles earlier in the season and then coming up 1 TD short of making the championship game against BTW. They will be back next year with a lot of their talent, but they lose their QB to graduation and he will be hard to replace. However the team returns their leading RB and WR and that makes it a lot easier to build another great team. I expect to see them in the playoff hunt again in 15 and giving Bolles all they can handle.

Bolles is always a threat to win against good competition. They beat a nationally ranked Niceville to the surprise of many. Their one loss before the playoffs came to their regional rival Raines by one point. They avenged the loss in the regional game by beating Raines by a TD. Corky Rogers will have his team ready in 2015 even though he has a few Sr's to replace in some of the key positions.

Who you got that will surprise us in 4A next year?

Cat Scratch, first off I wanna repeat I am a Cocoa fan. In-laws are from around there. Cocoa, Merritt Island, Rockledge. Really like Wilkinson and his DC. Had an opportunity to speak with them and take some notes at a Nike Clinic a couple years back. Great guys. It is in part due to them I have run a 3-5 defense. Your guys are always right up there if not winning it all. Cocoa won't be back because they never went anywhere. I appreciate your insights sir. A reclass. year is always interesting. We'll see if you stay South or come North. 

By the way, Champagnat are a bunch of jerks. They cancelled on my guys, Trinity Christian, also. Threw all kinds of stuff out of whack. But the early bumps were all just learning steps on the way to the real goal of getting to the playoffs and making noise there! 

Oh no I understand what you are saying 100%. I kind of wish Aquinas and Bolles would set up like a home and home that game would be a great chess match between great coaching staffs!

Wouldn't that be something if the greats all played each other. But Bolles won't play you guys. 

I agree with "they wont be back because the never went anywhere". They have always been right there in the frofront with BTW since Harris came back to BTW and Wilks took over at Cocoa. It will only get better in the next few years. Cocoa returns a lot of talent and BTW reloads and pulls in from a large talented area.

If Cocoa goes north it will get interesting in 4A. I'm thinking Wilks is ahead of most in planning for that with the schedule he is building. Several OOS of moderate strength and 1 power team to boost the SOS. In my opinion Cocoa needs an undefeated schedule when facing BTW next year to make it a mega game if they land in the North and Cocoa wins the Nort it will be fun to see what happens.

I agree with "they wont be back because the never went anywhere". They have always been right there in the frofront with BTW since Harris came back to BTW and Wilks took over at Cocoa. It will only get better in the next few years. Cocoa returns a lot of talent and BTW reloads and pulls in from a large talented area.

If Cocoa goes north it will get interesting in 4A. I'm thinking Wilks is ahead of most in planning for that with the schedule he is building. Several OOS of moderate strength and 1 power team to boost the SOS. In my opinion Cocoa needs an undefeated schedule when facing BTW next year to make it a mega game if they land in the North and Cocoa wins the Nort it will be fun to see what happens.

Going North seems to have more geographic logic then being included in the south. It seems anyone on the east coast south of Daytona is considered South Florida. Whatever. And it would also seem logic has nothing to do with it sometimes. But do you even think you will stay 4A? I mean, it would seem there might be a lot of movement going on to hear some people tell it. 

What do you know about the schedule getting built up? I mean, what kind of opponents does it seem he is lining up? 

As far as being undefeated though, I beg to differ on that. Or at least offer a different viewpoint. I believe it is in a program's best interest to play up and take on some tough opponents to get battle tested. It is only through well planned challenges do you get better. And the good thing about it is that it has no real implications on your state championship run other than to give your kids experience facing an opponent that may be tougher than they would face during the playoff run when it counts. I have debated with some over that very notion of Coach Dorminey at Trinity Christian doing just that. By scheduling the likes of Buford, GA and IMG it only served to make our kids and program better. I saw some of the changes in the kids AND coaches after those battle "lessons." And neither game hurt us in any kind of meaningful standings in regards to our championship run.

I didn't mean to imply that Cocoa was building an easy schedule with 2 moderately decent teams and one power team. I meant that Wilks always plays/goes after a top ranked team and that he will add 2 more OOS teams that are fringe top 100 teams. I have some info on the teams he is lining up and I will say that 1 of them he is trying to get is a top 10 team from the west coast. Another is a decent school that will come to Florida of the same size as Cocoa that plays tough football and has been ranked in the top 100 many times in the past but not in the top 10. There is one other OOS team that's been in the top 100 in the last few years but it's just being thrown out there for now.

Wilks will defiantly challenge his team in 2015.  

Does anyone have any info on how the classifications will be divided this upcoming year? I am pretty sure Clewiston is on the smaller side of 4A this year and depending on how things are done, we could see them in a lower class than GC and Cocoa. Historically, Clewiston was usualy a class below Glades Central. If classes remain the same, I am going to bet that they put Clewiston in a Palm Beach County district and possibly in the same district as GC. 

Clewiston will be good next year. We lose some playmakers on both sides of the ball, but have some really good young guys coming up that played a ton this year in the blowouts. We are also returning Witt for his senior year along with some really good recievers. Clewiston has always had a good team. We have played in what, six state title games? Its just a matter of coaching and we have that again as long as Walker stays at home. 

Personally speaking and I know it won't happen but I wanna see Booker T. Washington move up in classification. As we currently speak the enrollment is at 960 students so they can't move up much, but..... I could see them moving to 5A and potentially dominating 5A.  As for everyone else I don't think moving up will help so it's best if they stay in 4A and Glades Central I don't why they moved down biggest mistake I believe. What are you guys thoughts on 4A who should stay or move up.

I didn't mean to imply that Cocoa was building an easy schedule with 2 moderately decent teams and one power team. I meant that Wilks always plays/goes after a top ranked team and that he will add 2 more OOS teams that are fringe top 100 teams.

Wilks will defiantly challenge his team in 2015.  

Cocoa and Mainland will play in 2015. Cocoa is also talking to a very good Georgia team. With the district changes, Lake Highland Prep is added to the district and will be another running clock game. Honestly I do not see anyone in Cocoa's district giving them much of a game. 

With a good Georgia team and Mainland, plus the 4A playoffs there is hope for a decent season. Wilks was looking for a game out west but I'm not hearing anything lately. Meaning no one wants to play Cocoa from the western side of the divide, but it's still early.

Cocoa and Mainland will play in 2015. Cocoa is also talking to a very good Georgia team. With the district changes, Lake Highland Prep is added to the district and will be another running clock game. Honestly I do not see anyone in Cocoa's district giving them much of a game. 

With a good Georgia team and Mainland, plus the 4A playoffs there is hope for a decent season. Wilks was looking for a game out west but I'm not hearing anything lately. Meaning no one wants to play Cocoa from the western side of the divide, but it's still early.

That is an excellent out of district schedule for Cocoa! Who is the team you are playing out of GA?

Mrslick09....if Glades Central is back then that I think is great for 4A South football because it brings better quality. However, I do not think they have what it takes to beat BTW. 

At least not right now, come August or November who knows things may change. 

@muckboy561 When yaw beat Booker T. Washington then holla at me or Blanche Ely at that point. See you was running your mouth saying Glades Central was gone be the champs in 4A and they weren't. 35-7 does that ring a bell and if Glades Central played Miramar right now they'd lose and badly at that. Oh and you don't need to tell me who I shouldn't or should be worrying about. I'm from Miami born and raised until I moved to Broward County and I support all schools especially inner city black one's and I remember when you were on here talking down on Booker T. Washington, but I guess you can't give it and take it lol.

Actually GC was taking of business we lost starting qb couple games before btw and our backup qb got hurt during the game against btw so we had a sophomore qb playing with no major experience i was there we played a good 1st half and shot ourselves in the foot the 2nd half btw lucky got qb got hurt or we would of had them