Who Are These Teams?

OldSchoolLion

4 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Believe it or not young ones, there was a time when St Thomas Aquinas was not king of south FL.  Heck, they were not even king of Broward County in the 1980's.  Which 2 Broward County teams won more games than St Thomas during the 1980's?    

Who says they the kings of SFL? Lol

They did lose head to head to Miami Central last time they played and Miami Central had as many state titles as STA this past decade

As for the question I'm gonna guess Miramar?

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who says they the kings of SFL? Lol

They did lose head to head to Miami Central last time they played and Miami Central had as many state titles as STA this past decade

As for the question I'm gonna guess Miramar?

No, not Miramar. They were not elite in the 1980s.

I have the complete history for every Broward County team except Broward Christian, Ft Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and South Broward. 

and Pompano closed after the 1984 season only to reopen in 1999. I have most of the history for the above teams and the 80’s didn’t look good for any.

none of these teams had 74 wins like BA. 

Boyd Anderson. Final answer. Lol

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I have the complete history for every Broward County team except Broward Christian, Ft Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and South Broward. 

and Pompano closed after the 1984 season only to reopen in 1999. I have most of the history for the above teams and the 80’s didn’t look good for any.

none of these teams had 74 wins like BA. 

Boyd Anderson. Final answer. Lol

It is Boyd Anderson!  Ely was strong in the 80's, too.  

22 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Stanahan too. I think they had 70 wins or close to it in the 80’s. I don’t feel like going back. Lol

I believe 71 under coach Rick Perry...yet they only made the playoffs once, losing to Dillard in the 1985 regional finals.  Imagine a team today averaging 7 wins per season and missing the playoffs 9/10 years.  Can you imagine the whining?  Back then, making the playoffs was a big deal.  

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I believe 71 under coach Rick Perry...yet they only made the playoffs once, losing to Dillard in the 1985 regional finals.  Imagine a team today averaging 7 wins per season and missing the playoffs 9/10 years.  Can you imagine the whining?  Back then, making the playoffs was a big deal.  

I did notice that when I look back at Columbia in the 70s (I'm still working on a write-up column for that but my schedule is swamped right now)

I saw a lot of 9-2 and 8-3 seasons while Columbia was just adjusting to playing Duval schools after being thrown in as the only non Duval county school in the gateway conference and having district with Sandalwood, Raines, Ed White, and Ribault back then and only one playoff appearance back in that decade

It was definitely a jump from playing in a district with Bradford in the 60s