New football schools 2020

nolebull813

assuming football exists this fall, what are all the teams fielding a varsity team for the first time? Or starting football back up after a hiatus. So far True North was mentioned and Parrish Community will be playing varsity. The only other team i seen with a schedule formed was Somerset Academy South Homestead. Any else?

Side note, Somerset Academy Homestead will be the 5th team in South Florida with the Somerset Academy name. There is also........

Somerset Academy (Pembroke)

Somerset Academy Silver Palms (Miami)

Somerset Academy Key (Deerfield Beach)

Somerset Academy Canyons (Boynton Beach)

20 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

assuming football exists this fall, what are all the teams fielding a varsity team for the first time? Or starting football back up after a hiatus. So far True North was mentioned and Parrish Community will be playing varsity. The only other team i seen with a schedule formed was Somerset Academy South Homestead. Any else?

Side note, Somerset Academy Homestead will be the 5th team in South Florida with the Somerset Academy name. There is also........

Somerset Academy (Pembroke)

Somerset Academy Silver Palms (Miami)

Somerset Academy Key (Deerfield Beach)

Somerset Academy Canyons (Boynton Beach)

Private school or Charter school cluster?

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I think they are charters. Seemed like some fly by night, but the one in Pembroke has been playing football since 08

Great wrestling program as well. Compete for a state title every year.

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, nolebull813 said:

I think they are charters. Seemed like some fly by night, but the one in Pembroke has been playing football since 08

I coach that inaugural season at Somerset Pembroke... Coach there for 3 years and Somerset Silver is actually in Miramar and these schools been out for decades... .. Some just started programs.. My kids goes to Somerset East prep in Miramar ...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, nolebull813 said:

Want to revisit this to see if anyone can add to it. So I seen these teams so far. @Joshua Wilson can you help a brother out? 

Sumner 

Somerset Homestead

Surge Academy 

Tru Prep

True North

The question is will tru prep actually stick around if the U school players go back to Uschool next year