Who Is This South FL Team? Plantation

OldSchoolLion

9 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Going to throw out a total guess:  Lakewood?

Interesting guess, but no.  This team was a powerhouse during a certain decade.  Folks from that part of the state may remember the heartbreak of this program at that time.  They played in a brutal classification and simply ran into some tough playoff brackets.  Had a very good coach, too. 

This is a tough one, there are some teams I can think of who had heartbreaking losses 6 straight years but not sure if they all came in regional finals 

Someone like Dr Phillips comes to mind but I believe they made finals and final 4 trips during their run of heartbreak

I'm sure there are others but I'm stumped for the moment

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This is a tough one, there are some teams I can think of who had heartbreaking losses 6 straight years but not sure if they all came in regional finals 

Someone like Dr Phillips comes to mind but I believe they made finals and final 4 trips during their run of heartbreak

I'm sure there are others but I'm stumped for the moment

I wouldn't expect you to know this one.  This team is not from the northern part of the state.  

OK, I think I've got it narrowed down to one of three teams: (1) Merritt Island (in the '90's), (2) Vero (in the 90's or between '08 and '15), and (3) Frostproof (between '82 and '87, after finishing runners-up in '81).  I'll have to do some more digging to figure out when each of those teams got knocked out during the time periods noted.  

9 hours ago, Perspective said:

OK, I think I've got it narrowed down to one of three teams: (1) Merritt Island (in the '90's), (2) Vero (in the 90's or between '08 and '15), and (3) Frostproof (between '82 and '87, after finishing runners-up in '81).  I'll have to do some more digging to figure out when each of those teams got knocked out during the time periods noted.  

Sorry, but no on all of those.  You'll have to travel south.

17 hours ago, OLDAD72 said:

Plantation HS mid '90's thru early 2000's

It is Plantation, who lost in the third round each year between 1995-2000.  6A South was a murderer's row back then, with Miami Central, Carol City, Northwestern, Southridge, Deerfield Beach and Dillard all competing against each other in the playoffs.  2 of Plantation's losses came against Northwestern and 2 against Dillard. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It is Plantation, who lost in the third round each year between 1995-2000.  6A South was a murderer's row back then, with Miami Central, Carol City, Northwestern, Southridge, Deerfield Beach and Dillard all competing against each other in the playoffs.  2 of Plantation's losses came against Northwestern and 2 against Dillard. 

It was crazy g

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

No need to refer to good folks on here as "trash."  That is disrespectful.  

I don't know what's wrong with little Jesse. He constantly craves attention but in the wrong way. Strikes me as a kid that did not make the cut for the team and must now somehow compensate for that by being a jerk on the message board.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I don't know what's wrong with little Jesse. He constantly craves attention but in the wrong way. Strikes me as a kid that did not make the cut for the team and must now somehow compensate for that by being a jerk on the message board.

These big city folk from Madison County think us country folk are trash.   

18 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He's not even from Madison County.  His team was trash (his words) so he adopted Madison County.