Who Is This FL HS Legend? Robert Love/Pahokee

OldSchoolLion

Yes, Janoris Jenkins #16 Pahokee's Sophomore DB in 2005. Trinity Catholic's first championship game and it was against the powerful Blue  Devils who had been to the championship game a few times. The Celtics just managed to slip by Pahokee 37-30 on a late TD by our truly very good RB Rudell Small. Jenkis went on to Play for Florida and then played for the Rams, Giants, and Saints. He is still with the Saints.

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I wanna say Jenkins play for pahokee till he graduated in 09 

what teams still have nightmares about emm ..lol that’s a tricky one ima gamble and say the one that’s in the picture (trinity catholic) cuz they met a few times in which one was a nail biter won by the devils in 08 

Sorry, it is not Jenkins.  But good guess.

3 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Robert Love. In a loss to OTC set state records in passing yards, completions, total yards. 

He had the best mechanics of any PK quarterback, wish he got a shot at the next level.

My understanding is that he was too small at the time for D-1 colleges to be interested in him. That is what I was told. Don't really know how he would have done in a major college football program. He was one of the best in high school though.

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

My understanding is that he was too small at the time for D-1 colleges to be interested in him. That is what I was told. Don't really know how he would have done in a major college football program. He was one of the best in high school though.

Yeah. He's about 5'9. I was thinking something like FAMU/BCU that level. Kid was a pure pocket passer and his fundamentals was on point.

He has some epic debates/arguements with Alphonso Smith on their place in Pahokee football history on Facebook. Those are some funny times.

7 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Yeah. He's about 5'9. I was thinking something like FAMU/BCU that level. Kid was a pure pocket passer and his fundamentals was on point.

He has some epic debates/arguements with Alphonso Smith on their place in Pahokee football history on Facebook. Those are some funny times.

Georgia, Iowa State, Middle Tennessee, and Syracuse were scouting him in 2006 when he was a Senior. They have him listed at 5' 11", 185.  Love went on to play for FAMU in 2007 as a Redshirt Freshman. Had some academic problems so do not know if he progressed any further.  

22 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he play in high school?

What team still has nightmares about him?

Blue Devils by the numbers - News - Ocala.com - Ocala, FL

22 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he play in high school?

What team still has nightmares about him?

Blue Devils by the numbers - News - Ocala.com - Ocala, FL

I was at that game bad loss for PK

I have to admit that Pahokee made a lot of mistakes in that game that allowed my Celtics to build up a 30-7 halftime lead. Also, Let's face it the Celtics were good enough to take advantage of those mistakes. Remember Pahokee was a powerhouse that had won a few championships and most of them with ease. It was the Celtics first time in the finals. We got cocky I believe and thought the game was won. Robert love had other plans. Pahokee scored 3 TDs and a touch back to tie the score in the 2nd half mostly through the effort of QB Love. Late in the 4th quarter the Celtic's RB Rudell Small ripped off a 65 yard run right up the middle to put the Celtics up 37-30 which is how the game ended. The Celtics defeated one of the best teams in Florida and one of the best teams of all time. Quite an accomplishment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Proseteye said:

I have to admit that Pahokee made a lot of mistakes in that game that allowed my Celtics to build up a 30-7 halftime lead. Also, Let's face it the Celtics were good enough to take advantage of those mistakes. Remember Pahokee was a powerhouse that had won a few championships and most of them with ease. It was the Celtics first time in the finals. We got cocky I believe and thought the game was won. Robert love had other plans. Pahokee scored 3 TDs and a touch back to tie the score in the 2nd half mostly through the effort of QB Love. Late in the 4th quarter the Celtic's RB Rudell Small ripped off a 65 yard run right up the middle to put the Celtics up 37-30 which is how the game ended. The Celtics defeated one of the best teams in Florida and one of the best teams of all time. Quite an accomplishment.

That was a classic battle. The two communities had a great deal of respect for each other based on those classic matchups. That Pahokee team was extremely dangerous. They were loaded with size and speed but Rudell Small slipped right through the middle for a huge, last minute run.