Class 3A Playoffs

JB40

I don't remember anything in Boiling Springs but a single stop light, a Hardee's, a laundromat, convenience store (I think), and a little old gas station. We had to go over into Shelby for ANYTHING just about. For entertainment even further. LOL. I'll bet that's what you're thinking. 

Still the same in Boiling Springs lol but back to the thread....This 3A game is honestly a really exciting one. Kind of hard who to pick though as I have not seen much film on either team this season. 

Hi Guys!

Found this in the local Palm Beach post today.  Thought you might be interested

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer American Heritage has had plenty of talent come through its backfield over the years, but this year’s group is one of the best.In the middle of the Stallions’ dominating run to the Class 3A state championship, their offense has accumulated 3,812 rushing yards. It marks the most rushing yards American Heritage has ever recorded in a single season, according to assistant coach Brad Tremper.Despite averaging a staggering 318 rushing yards per game this year, American Heritage players aren’t surprised by their success on the ground.“We expected it because of all the hard work we put in,†said dual-threat quarterback Warren Robinson, who has run for 1,014 yards and 20 touchdowns this season.The Stallions (11-1) will look to use their dominant rushing attack against Jacksonville-Trinity Christian (10-2) in the Class 3A state championship at 1:07 p.m. Saturday in Orlando. Robinson is expected to play in the contest after missing last week’s 63-13 state semifinal win over Clearwater-Central Catholic with an ankle injury.But Trinity Christian’s defense will prove to be a tough test, as the Conquerors allowed just 1.68 yards per rushing attempt this season. The unit features UCLA linebacker commit Victor Alexander, LSU cornerback commit Kevin Toliver, and three-star linebacker Andre Smith.“We know we have our hands full,†Trinity Christian coach Verlon Dorminey said. “We are going to have to do a great job just to slow them down some.â€Junior running back Devin Singletary has been the main force behind the Stallions’ success on the ground. The 5-foot-9, 195-pound back has run for a team-high 1,328 yards to go along with 15 rushing touchdowns.Singletary has saved his best for American Heritage’s biggest games. He ran for 154 yards and three touchdowns in a win over sister school Plantation-American Heritage on Oct. 24, and he ran for 151 yards and four touchdowns in last week’s victory over Clearwater Central Catholic.“Devin is a quiet kid and he just comes to work every day,†Stallions head coach Stacy Sizemore said. “He doesn’t complain a lot and he’s not a kid that has to have the ball put in his hands a certain number of times per game.â€That’s a good mentality for Singletary to have in this offense because American Heritage uses various weapons in the running game. The Stallions have five players (Trenard Davis, Bryce Hill, DJ Davis, Robinson and Singletary) with more than 300 rushing yards this season.American Heritage’s massive offensive line has played a key role in the team’s rushing attack. The team’s smallest offensive lineman comes in at 275 pounds.Led by 6-foot-3 left tackle Tito Hamilton, 6-foot-4 right tackle Greg Begnoche, 6-foot-3 left guard Nelson Brockwell, 6-foot-4 center Nicholas Villano and standout fullback Ronnie Bennett, American Heritage has dominated the line of scrimmage this year.“Our offensive line is one of the top in the state,†Robinson said. “They work hard and that’s all we ask for.â€Although 71 percent of American Heritage’s offense has come through the ground this season, Robinson doesn’t consider it a one-dimensional unit. The signal-caller is quick to point out that the Stallions have also thrown for 1,551 yards.“We want to prove what we really can do to a lot of people,†Robinson said. “People think we’re just a running team, but we can also pass the ball.†- See more at: http://www.pbgametime.com/news/sports/high-school-football/ground-and-pound-american-heritage-run-game-powers/njKz4/#sthash.HcaWaoTH.dpuf

Aww isn't that special! They aren't a one-dimensional team. They run 70% of the time and pass 30%. As a coach that to me is a running team. Of course almost nobody can ONLY run but c'mon. Anyway, notice one little tidbit your article (which thanks for sharing) points out. Trinity allows an average1.68 rushing yards per attempt. That's an average. There's been times where nobody gets anything. The whole game.

Trinity's run defense has SHUT DOWN one of the state's top running backs. I want to say it was the kid from Providence but I forget. Kid was currently like the number one rusher in the state that averaged something like 300 a game and held him to like 50 some yards in 30 attempts. Something like that. But I do know first-hand that the Trinity kids took that kid personal and shut him AND his O-line down. So....bring your weapons AHD. Just don't bring a knife to gun fight, as the saying goes.

When strength goes against strength....something's gotta give!

Yes and  I am driving to Orlando rain or shine (now it's supposed to be shine).  This will be the best offense Trinity will see all year.  This will be the best defense American Heritage sees all year.  Should be a great show.  You are correct they are a running team.  However, I promise you that Robinson is a really, really good passer.  I suspect that AHD will have to pass as I am sure that AHD will not run wild on Trinity. On the other, don't expect Trinity to hold AHD to 1.68 yards per carry either.

Also, let's talk after the game. I would like to hear your take on it.  I suspect you will see a lot that I miss since you are a coach and I am only a fan.

I'll give you the best D AHD has seen but I'll argue that AHD is not the best O Trinity has faced. Buford GA was very good and so were the cyborgs from IMG this season. 

I can assure you they have faced quite a few teams this season who have worked hard to do what you need to in establishing a run. Most people find out, you can't do it. Then they become one-dimensional and the beasts coming after the passer and the D1 talent in the secondary steps up. Looking forward to Saturday.

I'd love to meet up and say hello.

The thing about Trinity is they are built the way a football team needs to be built. That is evidenced by the success they've enjoyed. They are big and nasty up front. They have LB's that can fly around and hit you or put extra pressure on the passer. They have a talented secondary in and of itself that only becomes even more dangerous when the pressure up front is created. Overall, defensively, they are stout. Stopping the run is key to the game of football and they do that very well. I have yet to see anyone really run on them. Thereby creating a one dimensional attack. The rub is in the fact the run is what AHD does best with their stable of runners. However, if your O-line cannot create places to run I don't care if you have Emmitt Smith back there.

Offensively, Trinity features an added weapon they used to not really enjoy and that is a passing attack. Yes, Trinity is still a base run team because again, in the game of football you must be able to also run the ball to be successful. Trinity has always gotten that done. However, they now have a passing attack. It is not perfect and occasionally you'll see why it is not their bread and butter but you have to respect it as a defense. And that alone is enough to add another threat to have to gameplay for when you are preparing to defend them. 

Sounds like they are unbeatable. 

Just a couple of corrections.  AHD doesn't have a stable of runners except when the game is out of reach for the opposition.  You will essentially see onlyRobinson and  Singletary.  What makes their attack difficult to defend is that it is very unpredictable.  Robinson runs a lot of quarterback draws. There are numerous misdirection plays.  Trinity players are going to have to be very disciplined.  They will need to put a spy on quarterback Robinson as he is an outstanding runner. 

As for the comment above for Miramar.   I wa at that game.  AHD move up and down the field, but just kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, etc.  They should have won that game.  They are also much better now.

Nobody is unbeatable sir. But Trinity is good. And they are fundamentally sound. Which means disciplined and high football IQ's.

AHD is good too! You don't get where these teams are being mediocre so I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

Everybody's already loaded up and ready to head down to O-town. The boys and everybody are coming! 

Hard to predict.  My guess the team that wins will be the team that doesn't turn the ball over.

I am coming alone.  My wife first agreed and then backed out.  My son wanted to come as he has seen the team play and is sponsoring one of AHD's athletes (not football), but he is out of town.

JB, I will be wearing Jeans and I shave my head and will be sitting in the Trinity side, so you may see me.  Come and say hello!!!!!!!!!

31-27 AH-Delray. Will be a good one no question. Trinity is not unbeatable, as we've seen a few times this season. Am I saying AHD is as good as Buford or IMG...? No, but I think they can hang with ALMOST anyone in the state/country this year. I will tell you one thing, AHD will not be intimidated. They have proven over the past few years that they will play anyone, and anywhere.  

All the "experts" right now seem to have AHD by a few points. That's perfect! I can assure you the locker room will be plenty motivated. And not because of what people say or think. It's a football game and they're keeping score. Anything they keep a score with you want to win. But it's also the CHAMPIONSHIP football game! You can't get up for this you're either in the wrong business or you don't have a pulse!

Hard to predict.  My guess the team that wins will be the team that doesn't turn the ball over.

I am coming alone.  My wife first agreed and then backed out.  My son wanted to come as he has seen the team play and is sponsoring one of AHD's athletes (not football), but he is out of town.

JB, I will be wearing Jeans and I shave my head and will be sitting in the Trinity side, so you may see me.  Come and say hello!!!!!!!!!

Hey jerry. Man you are descriptive! LOL. A guy with a shaved head wearing jeans. Hmm. Just joking sir. I don't know what I'm even wearing but I'm assuming Trinity blue. I'm a white guy with an African-American wife and we'll all be together with family. I'll most likely be the only white guy with the group so maybe that will help. LOL. I'm 5'10" and I have dark brown hair. We have a two year old also. Too bad your wife and son can't be there to enjoy it with you. You're more than welcome to sit with us and have folks to speak to. My nephew is on the D-Line for Trinity. He's #55 so we'll be cheering it up and hopefully have a lot to be cheering about. If you can find us stop on over.