So I hear you guys talk high school FB over here

Silver King

Great to have THE Silver King and THEE best Boat Captain of SW FL on the board... Yes they talk football here and there are some people who represent most corners of the state.  Also... Politics is strictly band and pretty much anything Neutral posted in the past 3 months (or his entire existence for that) will likely but cut and banned on site.

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class I finally got the old guy over here lol.

8 hours ago, Silver King said:

Thanks Peezy, my brother!

Columbia, Venice and Palmetto are always tough, lots of athletes and good coaching. Think both graduated QBs last year. But Venice is really good in getting transfers to key positions they need to make a run.

Welcome to this message board Silver King. It is great to have you contributing, and the Huddle just got a great new addition.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, Silver King said:

Thanks Peezy, my brother!

Columbia, Venice and Palmetto are always tough, lots of athletes and good coaching. Think both graduated QBs last year. But Venice is really good in getting transfers to key positions they need to make a run.

Alright I'll keep a eye out

What about Charlotte and Fort Myers area?

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Alright I'll keep a eye out

What about Charlotte and Fort Myers area?

Namesakes for their county's in SW FL are always competitive. After that, in Lee County it varies from year to year based on transfers. What the athletes feel (or are presented) to be the team with the best shot at a deep run. Dunbar is always loaded and has been competitive, North has made a few runs.

In Charlotte County, The Tarpons are in a tough district- last year the district produced four playoff teams and the Tarpons just made it in the 4th spot. They got on a hot streak to get a rematch with District Champ, Palmetto in the Regional Final, but got thumped. The other two teams that made it, Port Charlotte and Bradon River will be competitive.  

Charlotte has a new HC, new DC, new OC, new QB Coach. Think they will likely update their offense, so this will be a  year for the team to gain experience as players and coaches. I have confidence in the system, and the coaches who stayed and took over the key vacancies, all home grown Tarps, my sons played with two of them. We have a very good QB returning and some skills, need some O-line help. But my expectations are realistic.

3 hours ago, Silver King said:

Namesakes for their county's in SW FL are always competitive. After that, in Lee County it varies from year to year based on transfers. What the athletes feel (or are presented) to be the team with the best shot at a deep run. Dunbar is always loaded and has been competitive, North has made a few runs.

In Charlotte County, The Tarpons are in a tough district- last year the district produced four playoff teams and the Tarpons just made it in the 4th spot. They got on a hot streak to get a rematch with District Champ, Palmetto in the Regional Final, but got thumped. The other two teams that made it, Port Charlotte and Bradon River will be competitive.  

Charlotte has a new HC, new DC, new OC, new QB Coach. Think they will likely update their offense, so this will be a  year for the team to gain experience as players and coaches. I have confidence in the system, and the coaches who stayed and took over the key vacancies, all home grown Tarps, my sons played with two of them. We have a very good QB returning and some skills, need some O-line help. But my expectations are realistic.

South Fort Myers supposed to be decent? I know they got the former Douglas coach over there a few years ago and they made playoffs last year but I'm curious if they supposed to build off of last year 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

South Fort Myers supposed to be decent? I know they got the former Douglas coach over there a few years ago and they made playoffs last year but I'm curious if they supposed to build off of last year 

Well, they lost to all the teams I mentioned and they'll have to crack into that group first, to make a deep run, but they got to the playoffs. We didn't play them last season so I'm not that familiar with who they return.  Overall from a few years ago, they were a team that played hard.

Again, a  new coach has to make waves quick without Top Shelf players in Lee County, because once they develop them there has been tendency to leave, and that has been a trait before the so called Free Agency era. Island Coast is a great example, 10 years ago they were a very competitive program - where the kids were going, but since  have been through a bunch of head coaches. They develop athletes to a certain point then they go free agent. 

Hey Sliver King or Wavebb; either of you know anything about Cypress Lake or any of the other teams in 5A District 13? Cypress looks like they been on an upswing the last couple of years. I figure that district comes down to either them or Desoto again this year.

Not sure what they have coming back, but they have played well; 2 of their 3 losses were by a TD or less (South FM and Payoff loss)  and they threw up some offensive scores. I listened to the end of their game with Ft Myers last year coming home from one of our games in Lee. They gave Ft Myers all they could handle. 

Hows Wachula going to be this season, HWY17?.

1 hour ago, Silver King said:

Not sure what they have coming back, but they have played well; 2 of their 3 losses were by a TD or less (South FM and Payoff loss)  and they threw up some offensive scores. I listened to the end of their game with Ft Myers last year coming home from one of our games in Lee. They gave Ft Myers all they could handle. 

Hows Wachula going to be this season, HWY17?.

We will be lucky to go 5-5 again. Playing a very tough schedule that has Port Charlotte, North Marion, Lake Gibson, Vero Beach, Lake Wales, Sebring.  We lack depth but do have some athletes that are fun to watch. The running back will be in his 3rd season starting. The likely QB also plays on defense but saw a few snaps last season.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:19 PM, peezy28 said:

Pipe ironically your still a mod over there LOL.  You should go and see what it has become you will get a good kick... Granted its the off season but still its way far out there.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:07 PM, Silver King said:

Somebody needed to stop those guys posting the Troll accounts. I think somebody hacked Choctaw_fan

It's a sight to see.