So I hear you guys talk high school FB over here

Silver King

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He could get Kevin,  I'm talking about the state game.  Record 

Again when most people say state rushing record they normally are referring to season or career records 

Most people talking about title game numbers just say state championship record 

Also didn't the record go to about 400 yards for a single game with the record broken twice this past season 1 day apart?

14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Again when most people say state rushing record they normally are referring to season or career records 

Most people talking about title game numbers just say state championship record 

Also didn't the record go to about 400 yards for a single game with the record broken twice this past season 1 day apart?

356 , smoke is a freshman this year. He got time he could break 4 times for 70 plus yards to get it easy. Dude could have played in the title last year. If coe said yes. 

Jesse, I truly love and admire your passion for Madison County and their stud RB.  I have no doubt he'll put up big numbers.  

I don't know how big Derrick Henry was when he started high school, but he was a man among boys by the time his senior year rolled around.   I think he was around 6'2", 6'3" and weighed about 230-240 pounds his final year.  His combination of size, strength, and speed made him virtually unstoppable playing the teams that Yulee faced. 

From your earlier post, Fleming is 5'7", 5'8" and 165 pounds.  I suspect he's not done growing and he may grow to be every bit as big as Henry, if not bigger.   But until that happens, even with his speed, he's not going to be able to run over people or break tackles like Henry did. 

Last point I'll make it this:  with Covid, I doubt any of the teams in Florida get to play a full schedule of games this year, including playoff games.  If Madison is somehow lucky enough to play 15 games (which is highly doubtful), and the kid stays healthy and plays in all 15 games, he'll have to average about 285 yards a game to beat Henry's single-season record.   I'm not saying it can't be done; I'm just saying it's going to be awfully tough for it to happen this year.  If he does it, I'll be the first to offer up congratulations and eat my serving of humble pie. 

11 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Jesse, I truly love and admire your passion for Madison County and their stud RB.  I have no doubt he'll put up big numbers.  

I don't know how big Derrick Henry was when he started high school, but he was a man among boys by the time his senior year rolled around.   I think he was around 6'2", 6'3" and weighed about 230-240 pounds his final year.  His combination of size, strength, and speed made him virtually unstoppable playing the teams that Yulee faced. 

From your earlier post, Fleming is 5'7", 5'8" and 165 pounds.  I suspect he's not done growing and he may grow to be every bit as big as Henry, if not bigger.   But until that happens, even with his speed, he's not going to be able to run over people or break tackles like Henry did. 

Last point I'll make it this:  with Covid, I doubt any of the teams in Florida get to play a full schedule of games this year, including playoff games.  If Madison is somehow lucky enough to play 15 games (which is highly doubtful), and the kid stays healthy and plays in all 15 games, he'll have to average about 285 yards a game to beat Henry's single-season record.   I'm not saying it can't be done; I'm just saying it's going to be awfully tough for it to happen this year.  If he does it, I'll be the first to offer up congratulations and eat my serving of humble pie. 

He has no chance.  Madison would also only play 14 games. However he is saying state title game record and not season record.  I highly doubt we will have a state title game this year in football so it won't matter.

1 hour ago, badbird said:

On a side note I've never seen a 5'7 165 lb RB that ran a 4.6 40 that was good in high school.

I'm not saying this kid won't be good I'm just saying if that is his height, weight and speed he will struggle vs good teams

Breaking news  Florida is lucky.  He got recruited by Lowndes im really mad . F schools that recruit. He still gonna go D1 and whatever else. Maybe he destroys miami schools or cali i don't care . Its bs  he left madison county for them. Again F schools like st thomas,  Lowndes,  private schools,  img, and others who recruit. But i told yall he was elite. Madison county still loaded, its just bull sh$$t .

1 hour ago, badbird said:

On a side note I've never seen a 5'7 165 lb RB that ran a 4.6 40 that was good in high school.

I'm not saying this kid won't be good I'm just saying if that is his height, weight and speed he will struggle vs good teams

Sounds like average size and speed

I think RB we had last year who signed with FAMU probably runs a similar 40 time yet was a little bit taller and probably 170-180 lbs if I had to guess 

Not a bad RB but was never the focus of the offense but I don't think even if we ran like the old wing T days if he would have came close to touching the numbers Henry put up 

Only way I could see it is if Madison played nothing but 1a teams and at that point it would say more about their weak schedule than anything impressive about him as a player 

Though with Covid I'll probably have to wait till 2021 to see this kid play Columbia as I'm not so certain we will be playing in October over here 

Just now, Jesse said:

Breaking news  Florida is lucky.  He got recruited by Lowndes im really mad . F schools that recruit. He still gonna go D1 and whatever else. Maybe he destroys miami schools or cali i don't care . Its bs  he left madison county for them. Again F schools like st thomas,  Lowndes,  private schools,  img, and others who recruit. But i told yall he was elite. Madison county still loaded, its just bull sh$$t .

Where you see this?

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

he going to dumb ass Lowndes in Georgia,  

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well odds are he won't start at Lowndes who already has at least 2 stud RBs last I checked so he will be back in Madison next year most likely

I hope so , but probably not he will start sophomore season for sure

32 minutes ago, Perspective said:

So, does Badbird get his $100?   B)

Unfortunately for badbirdy no

While the bet was agreed on the season has yet to start meaning the terms of the bet weren't yet in progress so because the player in question left the team prior to the terms being started the bet is voided now 

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

Alright I'm done posting until 2021 peace out. Roll tide and go cowboys .

Maybe we can talk about a Columbia vs Madison County game that actually did happen in 2020 (and probably will stand as only matchups this year lol) 

Columbia softball sweeping Madison County including winning 13-0 in the final game before the stoppage :D