Who Is This Famous Coach? Joey Pearson/Lafayette

OldSchoolLion

As long as we're passing out hints, and for anyone who may have recently subscribed to Disney Plus . . .

"Now, turns out we have a secret weapon!
An immigrant you know and love who’s unafraid to step in!
He’s constantly confusin’, confoundin’ the British henchmen
Ev’ryone give it up for America’s favorite fighting Frenchman!

_______________________________!"

14 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Apparently some so-called hs football experts don't know the great, modern day coaches in their region of the state.:rolleyes:  I guess "local" for some is only within 10 miles of home.B)

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

He is from north Central FL, not too terribly far from a place called Lake City:rolleyes:

I wonder if our friend knows anything about American history? Or what dressing most people put on a sandwich.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he coach?

Prep roundup: Longtime Lafayette High football coach Pearson ...

Joey Pearson 

Lafayette

And you do realize I'm not within 10 miles of my own school or any school for that matter, and I don't follow Lafayette in anything but softball because it's only sport I've seen us play them in lately, we haven't played Lafayette in football in decades 

Correction we have never faced Lafayette in football which is actually interesting since I think we have played all the remaining North Central single team county schools at least once except for Lafayette 

Oh and union county

But we have played Baker County, Jefferson County, Hamilton County, Suwannee County, Taylor County, Bradford and Palatka

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Correction we have never faced Lafayette in football which is actually interesting since I think we have played all the remaining North Central single team county schools at least once except for Lafayette 

Oh and union county

But we have played Baker County, Jefferson County, Hamilton County, Suwannee County, Taylor County, Bradford and Palatka

I mistakenly thought that a student of the game like yourself would know one of the most successful north central FL coaches of the past 20 years, regardless of whether you played against him or not.      

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I mistakenly thought that a student of the game like yourself would know one of the most successful north central FL coaches of the past 20 years, regardless of whether you played against him or not.      

I've only followed football statewide since I joined this board in 2015 and for as long as I've followed it the only thing I know Lafayette for is that one of our defensive starters in 2015 came from Lafayette

Joey Pearson of Mayo Lafayette spent 20 years as head coach and 8 years as an asst coach for the Hornets.  In those 20 years as hc, Pearson led his alma mater to a 155-68 mark and six district titles. The Hornets made 15 playoff appearances under Pearson’s direction, including a state semifinal appearance in 2007 when he was named the Florida Dairy Farmers Class 1A Coach of the Year.

Pearson was inducted into the Florida Athletic Coaches Association Hall of Fame and retired before the 2019 season. 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Joey Pearson of Mayo Lafayette spent 20 years as head coach and 8 years as an asst coach for the Hornets.  In those 20 years as hc, Pearson led his alma mater to a 155-68 mark and six district titles. The Hornets made 15 playoff appearances under Pearson’s direction, including a state semifinal appearance in 2007 when he was named the Florida Dairy Farmers Class 1A Coach of the Year.

Pearson was inducted into the Florida Athletic Coaches Association Hall of Fame and retired before the 2019 season. 

Mike coe 4 titles,  over 100 wins, only 20 losses, already in the hall of fame. The goat madcoe  got 80 plus players. That's enough to beat Miami central,  i watched the old madison teams. The fact that they can have the same talent is amazing, now they added more coaches and upgrades to the weight room. Oh and they got the future Mr football.  Laugh if you want . Keep sleeping on madison 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Mike coe 4 titles,  over 100 wins, only 20 losses, already in the hall of fame. The goat madcoe  got 80 plus players. That's enough to beat Miami central,  i watched the old madison teams. The fact that they can have the same talent is amazing, now they added more coaches and upgrades to the weight room. Oh and they got the future Mr football.  Laugh if you want . Keep sleeping on madison 

If your so sure they would beat Miami Central why don't you all go down to Traz and find out

I'm sure Miami Central would love to have a 1a team to play so they wouldn't have to basically play an all SFL schedule LMAO