6A Playoffs

JB40

Ok so I'm from Tampa but currently living in Jacksonville. I don't normally discuss these guys but they are the big bad bullies in our area. I am talking about the Armwood Hawks. They are a physical, nasty, punch you in the mouth kind of program. They are HUGE and talented on both sides of the LOS (line of scrimmage). They have a defense that is stifling. They have an offense that will grind you up. They are consistently one of the better programs in the Tampa area. I don't know anything about their next opponent Choctawhatchee. Anybody out there have any thoughts? Info? I think Armwood is having one of their championship seasons.

Ok so apparently nobody talks about Armwood on here either. LOL. Just curious if there was anybody familiar enough with Panhandle football to give some insight. Wanted to see if Armwood has a shot at the marbles this year.

How about that Daytona Beach Mainland/Miami Central game? To me there's gonna be some fireworks in that bad boy!

Not impressed with the O? Wow. Them boys average like 40 a game? Granted, I know what that means in the big picture but they also only give up like 8. Central scores around 36 a game but gives up close to 12. 

I can see this thing going either way. I've seen Mainland and they can play! 

Not impressed with the O? Wow. Them boys average like 40 a game? Granted, I know what that means in the big picture but they also only give up like 8. Central scores around 36 a game but gives up close to 12.

I can see this thing going either way. I've seen Mainland and they can play!

I agree with you but how many of those teams they played with a pulse? I thin MC is more battle tested.... But I know mainland will bring it... Is their qb a soph or a junior?

I agree with you but how many of those teams they played with a pulse? I thin MC is more battle tested.... But I know mainland will bring it... Is their qb a soph or a junior?

I'd be willing to give you some of those but they've also handled some pretty good teams. Namely American Heritage Plantation. They hung 42 on them. Then their performance in the playoffs. But either way, it's gonna be good. Really hard to argue with the Miami schools since they have to beat up on each other. SEC football comes to mind in that you win the SEC there's a good chance you can win anywhere. Same with some of those Miami schools. 

The Mainland QB is only a sophomore I believe.

I'd be willing to give you some of those but they've also handled some pretty good teams. Namely American Heritage Plantation. They hung 42 on them. Then their performance in the playoffs. But either way, it's gonna be good. Really hard to argue with the Miami schools since they have to beat up on each other. SEC football comes to mind in that you win the SEC there's a good chance you can win anywhere. Same with some of those Miami schools.

The Mainland QB is only a sophomore I believe.

I wasn't surprise that mainland beat AHP like that... Never was big on AHP... But I was surprise they put up 30 points on Mainland...

Man a lot of talk this season was about AHP. At least in certain circles. Then it became Clash of the Titans when AHP and AHD were gonna face off. That's maybe why I said that about AHP. But of course, you would have more local knowledge of those guys so interesting you say that. Mainland and Central will be a knockdown dragout IMO. But Central ain't no where near a joke! They have played and beaten some class!

Now since I'm from Hillsborough county I wanted to see if there was ANY knowledge out here on those boys from the Panhandle Chocta who whatsitz called.... Lol. Armwood is a NASTY football team. So if they handle their business like I think they will then the Championship is gonna be a certified humdinger! Because if your boys handle Mainland, Armwood vs Central for the gold medal! WOW.  :o  :D

Ok so it looks like we got a helluva clash about to go down in O-town on Saturday at 1pm with Armwood, from my old neck of the woods in Tampa (Seffner) and Central from Miami. OOOOO boy this is gonna be a GREAT game. Mark my words!!!!

Ok so it looks like we got a helluva clash about to go down in O-town on Saturday at 1pm with Armwood, from my old neck of the woods in Tampa (Seffner) and Central from Miami. OOOOO boy this is gonna be a GREAT game. Mark my words!!!!

This I do not think will be like last seasons game. It will be close, but I think Central takes this by 2-3TDs while yes Armwood is good watching Central come back AT Mainland which is not an easy place to win told me they have what it takes!

I do not doubt Central's abilities one bit. But I have seen the Armwood monster up close and personal. They have been ingrained in me and our culture in Tampa just like Plant from there as well. However, where Plant is considered the rich kids from South Tampa that just wins with good athletes, heady players and coaches that know what they're doing and have the kids super prepared, Armwood is considered the big country boy bully that just smacks people around with huge players along the line of scrimmage, excellent athletes, and a super physical style of play. Did I mention they haven't lost a step when they're defensive guru left to become the head coach at Tampa Jesuit. In fact, they may have gotten better! Scary. I can't wait!