Who Is This Central FL QB? Hunter Pingston/Rockledge

OldSchoolLion

In his junior year, he led his team to a stunning playoff upset of a team that had won 40+ straight games and ultimately he led his team to the state final, where he passed for 2 TD's.  In his senior year, he once again led his team to the state final, passing for over 180 yards.  During those 2 seasons, he passed for 3000+ yards and 30+ TD's, and rushed for 800+ yards.   In the 2 state finals, he had 0 INT's.  Despite his accomplishments, he did not land a D1 scholarship

1. Who is he?

2. For what team did he play?

3. Who was his coach in hs?

4. In his junior year, who was the team whose streak he snapped?

5. In his senior year, in the state final, he completed 8 passes to a future NFL wr?  Who was that player?  

11 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In his junior year, he led his team to a stunning playoff upset of a team that had won 40+ straight games and ultimately he led his team to the state final, where he passed for 2 TD's.  In his senior year, he once again led his team to the state final, passing for over 180 yards.  During those 2 seasons, he passed for 3000+ yards and 30+ TD's, and rushed for 800+ yards.   In the 2 state finals, he had 0 INT's.  Despite his accomplishments, he did not land a D1 scholarship

1. Who is he?

2. For what team did he play?

3. Who was his coach in hs?

4. In his junior year, who was the team whose streak he snapped?

5. In his senior year, in the state final, he completed 8 passes to a future NFL wr?  Who was that player?  

Hunter Pingston 

Rockledge High School 

Coach Chuck Wood

Glades Central

Laurent Robinson 

Played DB at Bethel university 

9 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Hunter Pingston 

Rockledge High School 

Coach Chuck Wood

Glades Central

Laurent Robinson 

Played DB at Bethel university 

It is Hunter Pingston of Rockledge, a Brevard County legend.  He led his team to back-to-back state 3A titles in 2001 and 2002 under coach Chuck Wood.  WR Laurent Robinson, who played a key role in their 2002 title win, went on to an NFL career.  In that 2001 playoff run, Pingston helped take take out 3-time defending state champion Glades Central and snap their 47-game winning streak. 

Pingston has a street named after him in Belle Glade.

PINGSTON-580-12.jpg

Rockledge and GC had a tremendous rivalry in 3A/4A between 1994 and 2004.  They met 7 times in the playoffs, and 6 of those games were played in the Muck.  

1994 Rockledge 16 Glades Central 13     4A regional final at Glades; Raiders' mistakes doom them

1995 Rockledge 18 Glades Central 10     4A first round playoff game at Glades; Rockledge scores 13 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to win

1997 Glades Central 14 Rockledge 7     4A state semifinal at Glades; Undefeated Glades Central was up 14-7 at halftime...defensive back Derrick Saunders ended Rockledge's last-minute comeback attempt by intercepting an Andrew Johnson pass with 43 seconds left

1999 Glades Central 28 Rockledge 17     3A regional final at Rockledge; Rockledge, which averaged 109 yards on defense this season, gave up a season high 260 yards to the defending state champions.  Sophomore quarterback Curtis Holley threw for 152 yards and three touchdowns in the victory.  Central went on to win the 3A title.

2000 Glades Central 20 Rockledge 17     3A regional final at Glades; the top two teams in 3A met and Rockledge missed a 25-yard field with less than 10 seconds left.  Central went on to win the 3A title.

2001 Rockledge 21 Glades Central 14     3A regional final at Glades; Glades came in ranked #1 in the class and #5 in the nation by USA Today and had a 47-game winning streak.  A crowd of over 6000 saw #2-ranked Rockledge shock the 3-time defending state champs and snap the streak.  Rockledge QB Hunter Pingston threw 2 TD receptions.  The score was 21-14 at the half and stayed that way.  Rockledge went on to win the 3A title.

2004 Glades Central 17 Rocklege 0     3A regional semifinal at Glades

7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It is Hunter Pingston of Rockledge, a Brevard County legend.  He led his team to back-to-back state 3A titles in 2001 and 2002 under coach Chuck Wood.  WR Laurent Robinson, who played a key role in their 2002 title win, went on to an NFL career.  In that 2001 playoff run, Pingston helped take take out 3-time defending state champion Glades Central and snap their 47-game winning streak. 

Pingston has a street named after him in Belle Glade.

PINGSTON-580-12.jpg

I can't stand Rockledge!!!! 

3 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

I can't stand Rockledge!!!! 

Lmao funny how most Brevard teams had to make it past Glades Central. Rockledge and Cocoa came through with the big wins over them. Astronaut had their chance; also could've turned out to be an all Brevard state championship game as well if Rockledge would've beaten GC and Armwood in the semifinals.

Hunter could really play.  I saw him a few times up close when I coached for another team in their district.  Back then, The Rock was a classic Wing T team....had about 8 plays that nobody could stop...nothing fancy....just pure power running football.  Then, they would hit you with that waggle.  Coach Wood had some great talent..those boys could really play.  #3 Carlisle still gives me the shakes.  

On 7/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, KeemD321 said:

Lmao funny how most Brevard teams had to make it past Glades Central. Rockledge and Cocoa came through with the big wins over them. Astronaut had their chance; also could've turned out to be an all Brevard state championship game as well if Rockledge would've beaten GC and Armwood in the semifinals.

Too bad