Who Is This Famous Coach? John Maronto/Mainland

OldSchoolLion

37 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Thank you nolebull813. Like I said, I always enjoyed visiting stadiums in Seminole County whether it was Lyman, Lake Brantley, Lake Howell, or Sanford. I don't believe that I have ever visited Lake Mary or Winter Springs stadiums, but I am sure that they are very nice as well.

I have History for new Smyrna Beach going back to the 50s complete.  They started playing football in the early 20s. From the 20s-50s is incomplete. 

Here’s a cool Volusia county football fact. 

Mainland High was called Daytona Beach High back in the early 20’s when they started playing football. I believe 1921 was theirs first year. Someone may correct me if they have something more accurate. 

Now Seabreeze High first fielded a team in 1923 and only played 2 years before combining football teams with Daytona Beach High from 1925-1941. 

So for 17 years, kids would go to different schools but play for one team. Lol. 

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I have History for new Smyrna Beach going back to the 50s complete.  They started playing football in the early 20s. From the 20s-50s is incomplete. 

Here’s a cool Volusia county football fact. 

Mainland High was called Daytona Beach High back in the early 20’s when they started playing football. I believe 1921 was theirs first year. Someone may correct me if they have something more accurate. 

Now Seabreeze High first fielded a team in 1923 and only played 2 years before combining football teams with Daytona Beach High from 1925-1941. 

So for 17 years, kids would go to different schools but play for one team. Lol. 

That is very interesting information. Thank you again nolebull813.

• 1 year later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he coach?

John Maronto, High School Football Coach, Arrested In Prostitution ...

He Head  coached at Massilon in ohio , Coached under Bo Schembeckler in Michigan College. He was one of the winningest Coaches in high School History at Daytona Beach Mainland for 15 years and has put well over 50 players in D1 College that went to the NFL including Leonard Williams and Ricardo Allen and Buster Davis among the last ones !! One of the Greatest High School Coaches in the history .