My Football Plan

badbird

Push the season back 5 weeks.  Start date is August 31st.  Most schools will have started school by then.  The second week you have a control scrimmage with another team.  A lot of teams will do referee scrimmages the second week so you can scrimmage the second week.   The third week the season would start with your week 3 game.  You play weeks 3-10 on your schedule.  If you have a bye week then you can pick up another game.  So you get 8 games.  You push the playoffs back 1 week.

If you can't start by September 7th you are out of the fhsaa playoffs and can come up with your own league and decide what to do.

I'm not saying the entire state should be forced to hold back 100% for 1 area, but that plan will also be without South Florida. South Florida does make up a pretty big chunk of FHSAA schools. I mean Broward has about 40 high schools alone.  Palm Beach, Dade, Broward all starting school 100% online. I don't know about Dade or PB, but Broward is doing it the entire 1st quarter and won't have sports start while 100% online.  The big private schools Chaminade, USchool, Gibbons, Heritage, St. Thomas said they will follow public schools and not start. Just something to consider with ideas.  I think the main problem was the FHSAA saying we can't schedule games after they end the state series in Dec.  We might not even start before Dec. That is basically forcing people to leave the FHSAA or not have any games for their guys.

18 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

I'm not saying the entire state should be forced to hold back 100% for 1 area, but that plan will also be without South Florida. South Florida does make up a pretty big chunk of FHSAA schools. I mean Broward has about 40 high schools alone.  Palm Beach, Dade, Broward all starting school 100% online. I don't know about Dade or PB, but Broward is doing it the entire 1st quarter and won't have sports start while 100% online.  The big private schools Chaminade, USchool, Gibbons, Heritage, St. Thomas said they will follow public schools and not start. Just something to consider with ideas.  I think the main problem was the FHSAA saying we can't schedule games after they end the state series in Dec.  We might not even start before Dec. That is basically forcing people to leave the FHSAA or not have any games for their guys.

I understand that but you can't wait forever or you will have no season.   The FHSAA had no plan.   If teams can't start I would allow them to set something up on their own to at least get a season in or most of a season.    

36 minutes ago, badbird said:

I understand that but you can't wait forever or you will have no season.   The FHSAA had no plan.   If teams can't start I would allow them to set something up on their own to at least get a season in or most of a season.    

Then they should say states that can't start are allowed to have games after the state series end and do their own Jan. or whenever is best season.  Then teams can stay part of the FHSAA, but do a regional championship for one season.  As it is now. counties are looking to leave the FHSAA all together for the season and they may not get some back. Also, you can call it a state championship in Dec., but is it really legit if only 40-50% of teams are in it and none of the south that just swept last season. It just seems to me that forcing teams to make a deadline or not have a season is a bad call during a pandemic. 

59 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

Then they should say states that can't start are allowed to have games after the state series end and do their own Jan. or whenever is best season.  Then teams can stay part of the FHSAA, but do a regional championship for one season.  As it is now. counties are looking to leave the FHSAA all together for the season and they may not get some back. Also, you can call it a state championship in Dec., but is it really legit if only 40-50% of teams are in it and none of the south that just swept last season. It just seems to me that forcing teams to make a deadline or not have a season is a bad call during a pandemic. 

Madison wins, Jacksonville will handle 3a, 4a, 5a, 6a, 7a, 8a, so the panhandle gets no titles.  Maybe central Florida teams could help in 5a to 8a, however it goes panhandle gets no titles.  Jacksonville will sweep as much as they have to or central Florida.  If south can't play in playoffs.  Madison gonna run over 1a big time,  100 points this year, i believe in trinty Christian,  bolles, Lee,  Columbia,  edgewater, Jones,  Apopka, Raines, lets go don't let sorry panhandle teams get anything.  Let's go Wakulla.  I don't care how the playoffs work no panhandle teams get rings. Nun zero, lets go Florida high, i believe in these teams. If you rearrange classes or whatever.  Lets go lincoln,  godby, maclay, university Christian, all 850 teams in big bend,  904 teams lets goooo. And all of central Florida not in 1A.

4 hours ago, badbird said:

Push the season back 5 weeks.  Start date is August 31st.  Most schools will have started school by then.  The second week you have a control scrimmage with another team.  A lot of teams will do referee scrimmages the second week so you can scrimmage the second week.   The third week the season would start with your week 3 game.  You play weeks 3-10 on your schedule.  If you have a bye week then you can pick up another game.  So you get 8 games.  You push the playoffs back 1 week.

If you can't start by September 7th you are out of the fhsaa playoffs and can come up with your own league and decide what to do.

I have trouble seeing football being played this year period. If we’re all smart, we should understand that football should not be played at the expense of other people’s lives.  How is the pandemic going to subside by September? We’re right around the corner from August and we have close to 400,000 cases in Florida and over Four MILLION in the country. The only acceptable plan is to not play football period, no ones life is worth playing a sport.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I have trouble seeing football being played this year period. If we’re all smart, we should understand that football should not be played at the expense of other people’s lives.  How is the pandemic going to subside by September? We’re right around the corner from August and we have close to 400,000 cases in Florida and over Four MILLION in the country. The only acceptable plan is to not play football period, no ones life is worth playing a sport.

1a football like yes classes rearranged.  South state title, North state title.  Looks at madison on the map dang. Lol  whatever 1a trieds to do madison will be there . 

What happened that year when we cancelled football because of the flu? Oh yes, that's right, we have never cancelled school or sports because of the flu and every year the flu kills thousands more kids than the Covid-19 virus has. Truthfully, this isn't about the kids. Why did we have a surge in Florida and what age groups were responsible for that surge? Yes, mostly adults in the mid 20s through the mid 40s who couldn't stay away from the bars, pubs, beaches, and protest demonstrations. The kids have been playing football throughout the pandemic with no masks or social distancing, and they're the least effected group in our population. We talk about people dying, but it's not the kids. We already took away Spring sports, proms, graduations for the 2020 seniors; why not take away the senior seasons of the 2021 class and the only opportunity that many of these kids will have to earn a college scholarship? 

If you are scared stay home.  No one is pulling out of the Fhsaa they are just choosing not to play in the state series because they can't make it work.  You can't let teams play football into January because that messes with all other sports.  They should allow teams to play until the end of December though.  

26 minutes ago, badbird said:

If you are scared stay home.  No one is pulling out of the Fhsaa they are just choosing not to play in the state series because they can't make it work.  You can't let teams play football into January because that messes with all other sports.  They should allow teams to play until the end of December though.  

10,000 cases a day in Florida is ridiculous, and you are downright selfish if you want to tell me that these kids should play football during a pandemic. The disease will only spread further, and we will drown ourselves even more in Covid cases.

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

10,000 cases a day in Florida is ridiculous, and you are downright selfish if you want to tell me that these kids should play football during a pandemic. The disease will only spread further, and we will drown ourselves even more in Covid cases.

I know one thing madison getting a championship whatever they wanna call it. However it is done this season. 

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

What happened that year when we cancelled football because of the flu? Oh yes, that's right, we have never cancelled school or sports because of the flu and every year the flu kills thousands more kids than the Covid-19 virus has. Truthfully, this isn't about the kids. Why did we have a surge in Florida and what age groups were responsible for that surge? Yes, mostly adults in the mid 20s through the mid 40s who couldn't stay away from the bars, pubs, beaches, and protest demonstrations. The kids have been playing football throughout the pandemic with no masks or social distancing, and they're the least effected group in our population. We talk about people dying, but it's not the kids. We already took away Spring sports, proms, graduations for the 2020 seniors; why not take away the senior seasons of the 2021 class and the only opportunity that many of these kids will have to earn a college scholarship? 

Just because kids are not dying or exhibiting profound symptoms, doesn't mean we should discount their potential impact on others.  Although the evidence does not point to kids being "supercarriers," I haven't heard any medical professionals stating that we shouldn't be concerned about 17-year olds, many of whom live at home with older people who might be more susceptible.  According to Dr Sean O'Leary of the American Academy of Pediatrics(AAP), ..".a lot of kids with Covid-19, perhaps the majority, never get a fever."  Dr O'Leary helped write the AAP's position paper.  Interestingly, he has teenage children and both he and his wife have the virus. 

The AAP has taken what I think is a very balanced approach.  They support kids returning to school and admit that maintaining 6' in school is likely not feasible, so they suggest that if older students are masked, 3 feet of distance might be sufficient.  They also recognize the need for physical activity.  That doesn't necessarily mean contact sports, though.  

Dr O'Leary states, "There are a couple of things we know now that we didn’t know when we closed schools down in March. One is that masks really do seem to work. They are very effective. Two, physical distancing works as well." 

We've got to strike a balance between risk and reward.  I buy the argument that not letting kids go back to school can have profound behavioral impacts.  I don't buy the argument that we should let kids spit in each other's faces during a pandemic because they might be scarred for life if they don't play football.   Everyone is making big sacrifices now.  

43 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

have you been around the kids or are you an old guy behind a key board?  If we have school we can play sports.  Kids are not social distancing anyway.  Orlando just put on a huge AAU national volleyball tournament.  

20 minutes ago, badbird said:

have you been around the kids or are you an old guy behind a key board?  If we have school we can play sports.  Kids are not social distancing anyway.  Orlando just put on a huge AAU national volleyball tournament.  

Who is ready for madison county football.  

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I am inclined to agree with you. Teachers and coaches are adults and many have underlying health conditions and some are above 60. For them, maintaining life and health should be the primary concern. As for the athletes, while the death rate is very low among that age group, a few have died and several have lingering issues with critical organs such as the kidneys, heart and lungs. What would it profit a young man (or woman) to have a season and then end up with underlying conditions for years if not the rest of their lives? 

If I had high school age kids that played sports, I would be torn giving permission for them to play this season. For while I understand the love for the game and competition, the maintenance of life is of paramount importance. 

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

There has not been a year since 1968/69 when the flu has killed more people in the USA than Covid-19 has in 4.5 moths this year. It is fine to make your point, but untruths should not be part of the argument. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am inclined to agree with you. Teachers and coaches are adults and many have underlying health conditions and some are above 60. For them, maintaining life and health should be the primary concern. As for the athletes, while the death rate is very low among that age group, a few have died and several have lingering issues with critical organs such as the kidneys, heart and lungs. What would it profit a young man (or woman) to have a season and then end up with underlying conditions for years if not the rest of their lives? 

If I had high school age kids that played sports, I would be torn giving permission for them to play this season. For while I understand the love for the game and competition, the maintenance of life is of paramount importance. 

Not an easy answer. Once again I think everyone should have a choice.  If you feel it isn't worth it then I would respect that opinion.  However we currently have 70-80 guys and 10 coaches showing up every day and are willing to sacrifice to play.  I don't think they should be penalized because someone else thinks they shouldn't play

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I will say this in advance so I won't have to justify it later

This discussion is fine but first mention of any political party and the topic will be moved but so far so good so carry on everyone

only you think about politics.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I will say this in advance so I won't have to justify it later

This discussion is fine but first mention of any political party and the topic will be moved but so far so good so carry on everyone

Thank you...I appreciate you letting this discussion continue