Who Is This Team? Bishop Kenny

OldSchoolLion

When your team's qb passes for well over 500 yards and rushes for well over 200 yards, you usually win.  Unbelievably, this team ended up losing their playoff game in a shootout in what had to be one of the tougher playoff losses in FHSAA history.

Who was the team that lost that night?

Who was that team's great qb?

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When your team's qb passes for well over 500 yards and rushes for well over 200 yards, you usually win.  Unbelievably, this team ended up losing their playoff game in a shootout in what had to be one of the tougher playoff losses in FHSAA history.

Who was the team that lost that night?

Who was that team's great qb?

Hagerty High

Jeff Driscol (sp)

Lost to Lakeland

Above is just a guess, but I do know Jeff starred in a losing effort in the playoffs at Lakeland. Jeff is one kid I though would star in college and go on to do well in the NFL. He was a man among boys in high school, but things just did not work out. 

31 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Hagerty High

Jeff Driscol (sp)

Lost to Lakeland

Above is just a guess, but I do know Jeff starred in a losing effort in the playoffs at Lakeland. Jeff is one kid I though would star in college and go on to do well in the NFL. He was a man among boys in high school, but things just did not work out. 

I just looked up that game.  He did put on quite a performance...nearly 500 yards of total offense.

The fellow I am thinking of had over 1.5 times that in his crushing loss.

I can’t remember the kids name or the school (it was a Jacksonville school) but I think they lost to Clay like 74-73. I don’t want to look it up that’s cheating. I want to say his last name is Wofford or something like that. I believe he went to Wake Forest. I believe Clay won that shootout and then had like a 10-7 game the following week in the playoffs. Crazy 

21 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

I can’t remember the kids name or the school (it was a Jacksonville school) but I think they lost to Clay like 74-73. I don’t want to look it up that’s cheating. I want to say his last name is Wofford or something like that. I believe he went to Wake Forest. I believe Clay won that shootout and then had like a 10-7 game the following week in the playoffs. Crazy 

He may be onto something.  Let's see if someone can help CM out.

Clay beat undefeated Bishop Kenney in Jacksonville 74-73 in the second round of the 5A playoffs back in 2013.  Clay gained nearly 500 yards on the ground, with 3 gaining 140+ yards, including Bilal Ally.  Clay went on to the state finals, where they got blown out by American Heritage.

John Wolford of Bishop Kenny accounted for 10 TD's...8 passing and 2 rushing.  He rushed for 234 yards and had 539 passing yards.  In that game, he broke the state passing yardage record of 10,384, set by Quentin Williams of Tampa Jefferson, and the all-purpose touchdowns record, held by former Nease and University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.  But it was not enough.  Wolford started all 4 years at BK and went on to play for Wake Forest.

BK returned the favor in 2014, coming to Green Cove Spgs and knocking Clay out of the payoffs in the second round.

9 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Clay beat undefeated Bishop Kenney in Jacksonville 74-73 in the second round of the 5A playoffs back in 2013.  Clay gained nearly 500 yards on the ground, with 3 gaining 140+ yards, including Bilal Ally.  Clay went on to the state finals, where they got blown out by American Heritage.

John Wolford of Bishop Kenny accounted for 10 TD's...8 passing and 2 rushing.  He rushed for 234 yards and had 539 passing yards.  In that game, he broke the state passing yardage record of 10,384, set by Quentin Williams of Tampa Jefferson, and the all-purpose touchdowns record, held by former Nease and University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.  But it was not enough.  Wolford started all 4 years at BK and went on to play for Wake Forest.

BK returned the favor in 2014, coming to Green Cove Spgs and knocking Clay out of the payoffs in the second round.

I have heard rumors and seen reports that the 2014 rematch game was extremely well-officiated, but that cannot be confirmed at this time.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

I knew I was close.