Who Is This Famous Coach? Bill Gierke

OldSchoolLion

19 hours ago, skyway said:

Bill Gierke, 300 win club.

Bill Gierke is one of a only a few FL hs coaches with 300 wins.  Below is his coaching history.`

Orangewood Christian 2011-present

Edgewater 2000-10; 2002, 2003, 2004 6A state runner-up

Dr. Phillips 1998-99

Evans 1982-96; 1991 5A state co-champion 

42 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Badbird, I don't know you well enough to ask, but I am wondering which coaching club is more exclusive.   :D

I will give an unauthorized answer for Badbird. The 300 club is better.

With that said, Badbird was an excellent coach and I understand why he feels the way he does. One stinging loss was in the third round of the 2003 (or was it 2004, I could be off a year) playoffs against Edgewater. Apopka was coming off a big win over Sandalwood and the fans were feeling we had a chance. Unfortunately, Apopka was plagued with unforced errors in the game and dropped a reasonably close one at College Park. Bobby Raugh put the nail in the coffin with a touchdown catch in the fourth quarter. Edgewater went on to lose the title game against a Miami team. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Badbird, I don't know you well enough to ask, but I am wondering which coaching club is more exclusive.   :D

I think there are 5 coaches with 300 wins.  Only one coach beat me 4 times (probably because I didn't coach enough games).  :D

My brief coaching career here is how I faired vs those 5

Corky Rogers never played but it wouldn't have been good

Bill Castle 5-2 not many can say they have 5 wins vs probably the best coach in Florida history

George Smith 0-1 what coulda shoulda been

Gene Cox before my time

Bill Gierke 2-7 and now you know why I'm not a fan of his.  He owned me.  Great coach.

1 hour ago, badbird said:

I think there are 5 coaches with 300 wins.  Only one coach beat me 4 times (probably because I didn't coach enough games).  :D

My brief coaching career here is how I faired vs those 5

Corky Rogers never played but it wouldn't have been good

Bill Castle 5-2 not many can say they have 5 wins vs probably the best coach in Florida history

George Smith 0-1 what coulda shoulda been

Gene Cox before my time

Bill Gierke 2-7 and now you know why I'm not a fan of his.  He owned me.  Great coach.

ColumbiaFan told me you are like 0-5 against him in pickems.  Is that true?

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody, I am from Full Sail's Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. I will be calling one or two of Orangewood Christian's home games. They have one this Friday and I might call it or I might not but I want to be prepared if I do to offer any fans that watch the livestream a good experience. I just moved here last year from California so I do not know much information about Florida High school sports. Can anyone send me the best sites to find coach Gierke's career information? I am struggling to find up to date sources. I found a good article from 2013 in the Orlando Sentinel but obviously that was only 2 years into his tenure at Orangewood. Anyone willing to help can email me info straight to my email or I will be checking this thread hourly. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I attached the conformation email that I was sent just so you guys know this is legit.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.45.21 PM.png

14 hours ago, nickstathis said:

Hey everybody, I am from Full Sail's Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. I will be calling one or two of Orangewood Christian's home games. They have one this Friday and I might call it or I might not but I want to be prepared if I do to offer any fans that watch the livestream a good experience. I just moved here last year from California so I do not know much information about Florida High school sports. Can anyone send me the best sites to find coach Gierke's career information? I am struggling to find up to date sources. I found a good article from 2013 in the Orlando Sentinel but obviously that was only 2 years into his tenure at Orangewood. Anyone willing to help can email me info straight to my email or I will be checking this thread hourly. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I attached the conformation email that I was sent just so you guys know this is legit.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.45.21 PM.png

As a head coach Bill Gierke was 4-0 vs badbird.  Pisses me off every time I think about it.   That's all you need to know.  Google search orangewood maxpreps and you can find how they did each year after that.  Maxpreps can have errors and often times does so be careful

2019 They went 7-5 lost in the second round of their playoffs

2018 They went 6-3 lost in the first round