2020 Preseason Rankings (792 FL Sports)

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

It appears to be heavily loaded with South Florida schools at the top of the list. Are you going by past years or are all these teams loaded with talent this year? 

More the second one 

I felt confident with every SFL team in the top 10 being among the most talented teams in all of Florida

After Oakleaf and Bartram Trail there really isn't any strong teams in North end of the state

Central FL did have some good teams but I didn't feel many were on par with the ones at the top level SFL teams 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

More the second one 

I felt confident with every SFL team in the top 10 being among the most talented teams in all of Florida

After Oakleaf and Bartram Trail there really isn't any strong teams in North end of the state

Central FL did have some good teams but I didn't feel many were on par with the ones at the top level SFL teams 

Madison county only down because they lost they five star. Also they schedule is weak. But they did pick up a Florida gator commit  from their baseball team. He only a junior he playing multiple positions.  They also have numbers in skill and a new qb

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison county only down because they lost they five star. Also they schedule is weak. But they did pick up a Florida gator commit  from their baseball team. He only a junior he playing multiple positions.  They also have numbers in skill and a new qb

Until I see Madison actually schedule one of those top 10 SFL teams and beat them I've seen nothing to suggest they should or even deserve to be ranked among them 

And yeah you said it yourself, schedule is weak 

Beating weak teams isn't gonna put you high up in the rankings, when Columbia is the best team on your schedule each year and you lose that game you aren't gonna have much a case to be ranked high in the poll

The people that normally put Madison top 25 are doing so because they want to rank someone from 1a and they are a team who will coast to a Championship because there isn't a 1a team who can compete

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Until I see Madison actually schedule one of those top 10 SFL teams and beat them I've seen nothing to suggest they should or even deserve to be ranked among them 

And yeah you said it yourself, schedule is weak 

Beating weak teams isn't gonna put you high up in the rankings, when Columbia is the best team on your schedule each year and you lose that game you aren't gonna have much a case to be ranked high in the poll

The people that normally put Madison top 25 are doing so because they want to rank someone from 1a and they are a team who will coast to a Championship because there isn't a 1a team who can compete

Covid is the reason why. I promise you if booker t washington needed a game or any other SFL school madison would play.  The virus messed up they schedule.  And that running back they lost is showing out check his instagram.  He gonna start soon. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Covid is the reason why. I promise you if booker t washington needed a game or any other SFL school madison would play.  The virus messed up they schedule.  And that running back they lost is showing out check his instagram.  He gonna start soon. 

You all could have played any SFL team in the past few years

I guarantee you a team like BTW, Miami Central, MNW would love to host Madison County, it would be a break from their gauntlet of a schedule

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You all could have played any SFL team in the past few years

I guarantee you a team like BTW, Miami Central, MNW would love to host Madison County, it would be a break from their gauntlet of a schedule

Jarrcare Fleming will at Lowndes run straight through them teams.

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

More the second one 

I have to question having Sanford Seminole at 37, while ranking Dr Philips and Apopka at 20 and 21. I figure that you're ranking Edgewater in the top 5 based upon their Championship Game with St Thomas Aquinas, and that's well deserved. There's not that much difference in Edgewater and Seminole, and Seminole returns one of the most talented QB's in Central Florida for his senior year. As for Orlando area, I would rank them 1. Edgewater, 2. Sanford Seminole, 3. Apopka, 4. Orlando Jones, 5. Dr Philips, 6. Winter Park, and 7. Timber Creek, with there not being much difference in the last three (interchangeable in those spots). 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

If you want to see perhaps the best football player in the state of Florida, take a look at the attached and watch his sophomore season hi-lites from last season. This is Terrance Gibbs of The Masters Academy in Oviedo, FL. He is a 6'0", 200 pound man-child entering his junior year; he's considering a possible transfer to a nearby 8A school for this coming season. The Masters Academy plays in the Sunshine League (non-FHSAA) and won the state championship last season. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10986340/Terrance-Gibbs

26 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

If you want to see perhaps the best football player in the state of Florida, take a look at the attached and watch his sophomore season hi-lites from last season. This is Terrance Gibbs of The Masters Academy in Oviedo, FL. He is a 6'0", 200 pound man-child entering his junior year; he's considering a possible transfer to a nearby 8A school for this coming season. The Masters Academy plays in the Sunshine League (non-FHSAA) and won the state championship last season. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10986340/Terrance-Gibbs

It's gonna be harder against better teams. 

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's gonna be harder against better teams. 

I watched him scrimmage against Winter Park as a sophomore; he was almost unstoppable. Also watched him play 7v7 this past winter against some of the best 7v7 all-star teams in Central Florida. This was a man playing against boys, and he was just a sophomore. If the kid from Madison is half as talented, he's pretty good.

55 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I watched him scrimmage against Winter Park as a sophomore; he was almost unstoppable. Also watched him play 7v7 this past winter against some of the best 7v7 all-star teams in Central Florida. This was a man playing against boys, and he was just a sophomore. If the kid from Madison is half as talented, he's pretty good.

Its gonna depend on what high school he goes to. The madison kid is at Lowndes. I seen some videos he made he making Lowndes look silly. 

30 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Its gonna depend on what high school he goes to. The madison kid is at Lowndes. I seen some videos he made he making Lowndes look silly. 

You’re complaining about 1 kid transferring out. PK has lost 4 kids. 2 at IMG, 1 at Treasure Coast, and 1 at Orlando Christian Prep within the last 2 seasons. All starters with multiple power 5 offers. 
Do I blame the families, nope! So it’s next man up. 

20 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

You’re complaining about 1 kid transferring out. PK has lost 4 kids. 2 at IMG, 1 at Treasure Coast, and 1 at Orlando Christian Prep within the last 2 seasons. All starters with multiple power 5 offers. 
Do I blame the families, nope! So it’s next man up. 

Madison has another talent running back who is a freshman.  Just smaller and not as skilled

Tell me how Pahokee look . Is Madison gonna get a easy ring again 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison has another talent running back who is a freshman.  Just smaller and not as skilled

Tell me how Pahokee look . Is Madison gonna get a easy ring again 

Sill wise (RB, WR, DB) we’re great. OL/DL gonna be the question marks because we have to replace 3 D1 (FAMU, MTSU, and JuCo) linemen and 3 D1 OLB (Maryland, Syracuse, and FIU). 
Gotta identity a QB. The potential starter transferred to Tampa Jefferson (before last season) and the JV starter went to Glades Central after the JV season.

Looks like we will have an easier schedule (if there is football), so if we meet, we should be healthier and a more confident team. Last season was tough with the schedule (losses) and injuries to some key seniors. Our top DB missed the year with an ACL and seniors O. Bouie and L. Kinsler only played the last 3 games because of MCL injuries.

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

The kid's hi-lites on Hudl.com for last season at Madison have him playing middle school games and show nothing special.  don't know who rated him 5 star, but in one of his 1st hi-lites on Hudl, he gets run down from about ten yards behind; doesn't show a lot of speed. I couldn't even find him on Lowndes football roster for this year. 

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

The kid's hi-lites on Hudl.com for last season at Madison have him playing middle school games and show nothing special.  don't know who rated him 5 star, but in one of his 1st hi-lites on Hudl, he gets run down from about ten yards behind; doesn't show a lot of speed. I couldn't even find him on Lowndes football roster for this year. 

He is fast,  he will be on there, he gonna be on the jv roster. Are you sure you watch him. Show me the link 

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

Sill wise (RB, WR, DB) we’re great. OL/DL gonna be the question marks because we have to replace 3 D1 (FAMU, MTSU, and JuCo) linemen and 3 D1 OLB (Maryland, Syracuse, and FIU). 
Gotta identity a QB. The potential starter transferred to Tampa Jefferson (before last season) and the JV starter went to Glades Central after the JV season.

Looks like we will have an easier schedule (if there is football), so if we meet, we should be healthier and a more confident team. Last season was tough with the schedule (losses) and injuries to some key seniors. Our top DB missed the year with an ACL and seniors O. Bouie and L. Kinsler only played the last 3 games because of MCL injuries.

well looks like madison might score 100 on blountstown or newberry , probably 49 on Pahokee.  And 120 on any one else

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

well looks like madison might score 100 on blountstown or newberry , probably 49 on Pahokee.  And 120 on any one else

The cupboard isn’t bare, they just need experience. 
The fact that MC doesn’t fall off (talent wise) exemplifies how you guys aren’t a true 1A school. You guys have a depth advantage that most 1A schools can’t match. 

To be the champ, you have to beat the champ!

22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hawthorne and fort white would play you all closer than Blountstown would 

Trenton as well

Hawthorne went from offense in 2018, to only defense in 2019. They suck have no one coming back,  fort white can't stop go up in class, 3-7 last year. Trenton on zero steriods will get crushed.  All they got is tyler perry for real thats they quarterback name. He good against nobody teams. I know 1A football trust me.  I go to the games,  I know players personally.  This is by far the best class/ football I know.  I'll played as well. Newberry is loaded, blountstown is loaded,  vernon is loaded.  But it won't matter 

7 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

The cupboard isn’t bare, they just need experience. 
The fact that MC doesn’t fall off (talent wise) exemplifies how you guys aren’t a true 1A school. You guys have a depth advantage that most 1A schools can’t match. 

To be the champ, you have to beat the champ!

Newberry has 50 players, they talking alot of crap about winning state. They need to shut the hell up. Union county running they mouth too. 

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

Hawthorne went from offense in 2018, to only defense in 2019. They suck have no one coming back,  fort white can't stop go up in class, 3-7 last year. Trenton on zero steriods will get crushed.  All they got is tyler perry for real thats they quarterback name. He good against nobody teams. I know 1A football trust me.  I go to the games,  I know players personally.  This is by far the best class/ football I know.  I'll played as well. Newberry is loaded, blountstown is loaded,  vernon is loaded.  But it won't matter 

Blountstown is sub par and plays no serious competition 

Reason Fort White went 3-7 is because their QB was injured for most of the season