2020 Preseason Rankings (792 FL Sports)

DisabledAccount

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Newberry has 50 players, they talking alot of crap about winning state. They need to shut the hell up. Union county running they mouth too. 

Newberry needs to prove themselves before they act tough

They can come play Columbia and learn what it means to be humbled just like the rest of 1a can 

Anytime anywhere

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Newberry needs to prove themselves before they act tough

They can come play Columbia and learn what it means to be humbled just like the rest of 1a can 

Anytime anywhere

Pahokee would give yall problems in the past. Madison,  everyone else is scared. I will say trenton 2015 beats any team yall had this decade. Reason hamp Cheevers/ size in the trenches.  Kade Roger's off the edge at line backer, hamp in the secondary.  They would simply run it with hamp/ Michael, Montrez option game. With power sweep/ counter. Play action deep when Columbia loads the box. If Columbia does not put 8 or 9 in the box. Its gonna get ugly because hamp Cheever runs 4.4. And is very good at making you miss. The defense is amazing up front size with speed. Kade is unblockable.  Trenton was very very physical.  

Just now, Jesse said:

Pahokee would give yall problems in the past. Madison,  everyone else is scared. I will say trenton 2015 beats any team yall had this decade. Reason hamp Cheevers/ size in the trenches.  Kade Roger's off the edge at line backer, hamp in the secondary.  They would simply run it with hamp/ Michael, Montrez option game. With power sweep/ counter. Play action deep when Columbia loads the box. If Columbia does not put 8 or 9 in the box. Its gonna get ugly because hamp Cheever runs 4.4. And is very good at making you miss. The defense is amazing up front size with speed. Kade is unblockable.  Trenton was very very physical.  

then you obviously never saw Columbia in 2012 or 2015 play 

2013 was similar in talent to 2012 but had a lot of injuries by season end 

And I could throw in 2018 team, Trenton wouldn't have had the depth to hang with any those 4 teams when they were healthy

7 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I have to question having Sanford Seminole at 37, while ranking Dr Philips and Apopka at 20 and 21. I figure that you're ranking Edgewater in the top 5 based upon their Championship Game with St Thomas Aquinas, and that's well deserved. There's not that much difference in Edgewater and Seminole, and Seminole returns one of the most talented QB's in Central Florida for his senior year. As for Orlando area, I would rank them 1. Edgewater, 2. Sanford Seminole, 3. Apopka, 4. Orlando Jones, 5. Dr Philips, 6. Winter Park, and 7. Timber Creek, with there not being much difference in the last three (interchangeable in those spots). 

I thought Osceola was in Central florida?

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

then you obviously never saw Columbia in 2012 or 2015 play 

2013 was similar in talent to 2012 but had a lot of injuries by season end 

And I could throw in 2018 team, Trenton wouldn't have had the depth to hang with any those 4 teams when they were healthy

You might wanna check them out. They where fast on defense.  I understand the level of play wasn't as good.  But understand this like clemson they dominated.  And against madison which is a great team. They did that, it would be close games no doubt. But I'm leaning towards trenton. Ranked 7th in the state that year, 87 nationally.  3 small school nationally.  Again had size guys played both ways but trenton had amazing stamina.  And just the best talent ever. The best coach ever/ players. I would give madison 2017, 2012, 2011. 2010 the win over trenton. Columbia all would lose.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You might wanna check them out. They where fast on defense.  I understand the level of play wasn't as good.  But understand this like clemson they dominated.  And against madison which is a great team. They did that, it would be close games no doubt. But I'm leaning towards trenton. Ranked 7th in the state that year, 87 nationally.  3 small school nationally.  Again had size guys played both ways but trenton had amazing stamina.  And just the best talent ever. The best coach ever/ players. I would give madison 2017, 2012, 2011. 2010 the win over trenton. Columbia all would lose.

If you think 2017 team would have beaten Trenton then any of those Columbia teams I mentioned would have 

All those Columbia teams I said were at least 17 points better than the 2017 Columbia team you all only beat by 14 after Columbia had to play 2 games in 4 days and no practice between the games 

I was on this board back when that Trenton team played, they were talented but just as Madison learned the last 2 years, even great 1a teams lack depth when facing a good team in a higher classification and all those Columbia teams I mentioned were easily in that definition of a good team 

Or did you forget 2018 Columbia beating Madison by 24 points and it could have been a lot more if they wanted to 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you think 2017 team would have beaten Trenton then any of those Columbia teams I mentioned would have 

All those Columbia teams I said were at least 17 points better than the 2017 Columbia team you all only beat by 14 after Columbia had to play 2 games in 4 days and no practice between the games 

I was on this board back when that Trenton team played, they were talented but just as Madison learned the last 2 years, even great 1a teams lack depth when facing a good team in a higher classification and all those Columbia teams I mentioned were easily in that definition of a good team 

Or did you forget 2018 Columbia beating Madison by 24 points and it could have been a lot more if they wanted to 

Hamp Cheevers went to the NFL,  is Jordan Smith or whoever gonna throw it his way. Dude had over 20 interceptions in highschool.  Running over 10 back for tds.  Again he also played kick off. Punt returns plenty returns for tds. Over 50 yards Montrez jackson was a good 2 Running back.  Also had a 3rd who could catch. Kade was fullback also,  

Hamp Cheevers went to the NFL,  is Jordan Smith or whoever gonna throw it his way. Dude had over 20 interceptions in highschool.  Running over 10 back for tds.  Again he also played kick off. Punt returns plenty returns for tds. Over 50 yards Montrez jackson was a good 2 Running back.  Also had a 3rd who could catch. Kade was fullback also,  

Nice 

Laremy Tunsil and Trey Marshall played on 2012 team and both starting in NFL right now 

2012 also had a 2k yard rusher and a RB who a year later would score over 30 TDs 

Oh and Roger Cray was a freshman on 2012 team and faced off against a Future NFL receiver and shut him down 

Anyone who threw his direction was picked off 

I'll take 2012 Columbia by double digits over 2015 Trenton 

And 2015 Columbia would have spread Trenton out with one of 3 receivers who could get open in a moment's notice, you talking about 1 guy, Columbia would still have 2 more options

That's what it means to be a 6a or 7a team, depth 

Something 1a lacks

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh and Roger Cray was a freshman on 2012 team and faced off against a Future NFL receiver and shut him down 

Anyone who threw his direction was picked off 

I'll take 2012 Columbia by double digits over 2015 Trenton 

And 2015 Columbia would have spread Trenton out with one of 3 receivers who could get open in a moment's notice, you talking about 1 guy, Columbia would still have 2 more options

That's what it means to be a 6a or 7a team, depth 

Something 1a lacks

no time to throw,  trenton pass rush relentless.  And still madison made 6A Crestview look like a middle school . Depth don't mean crap. When a running back is throwing bombs against Crestview who beat Lincoln.  Which Lincoln blew out palmetto. Who almost beat miami central.  Depth is overrated talent is king welcome to Flor duh

no time to throw,  trenton pass rush relentless.  And still madison made 6A Crestview look like a middle school . Depth don't mean crap. When a running back is throwing bombs against Crestview who beat Lincoln.  Which Lincoln blew out palmetto. Who almost beat miami central.  Depth is overrated talent is king welcome to Flor duh

relentless against nobodies!!!

Columbia would look like they have St Thomas Aquinas pass rush if they played a 1a schedule

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

relentless against nobodies!!!

Columbia would look like they have St Thomas Aquinas pass rush if they played a 1a schedule

Madison is a nobody?. Columbia must not exist probably something made up. And I'm waiting on your depth talk because it doesn't mean nothing.  Blountstown running back ran for 350 on madison was that because he had depth.  

Madison is a nobody?. Columbia must not exist probably something made up. And I'm waiting on your depth talk because it doesn't mean nothing.  Blountstown running back ran for 350 on madison was that because he had depth.  

Blountstown ran for a ton of yards and still got blown off the field 

I don't know or care what Blountstown did, for all I know Madison let them run for a ton of yards because they knew it wouldn't help Blountstown cut the deficit 

And you named one team out of 14 they played, and Madison in 2015 was hardly elite either but it's clear you are set in your opinion despite the fact you didn't even watch any of those columbia teams but somehow think your an expert on them

Besides since you came back maybe you can finish fulfilling your bet with @badbird though take that to DM or OT section

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Blountstown ran for a ton of yards and still got blown off the field 

I don't know or care what Blountstown did, for all I know Madison let them run for a ton of yards because they knew it wouldn't help Blountstown cut the deficit 

And you named one team out of 14 they played, and Madison in 2015 was hardly elite either but it's clear you are set in your opinion despite the fact you didn't even watch any of those columbia teams but somehow think your an expert on them

Besides since you came back maybe you can finish fulfilling your bet with @badbird though take that to DM or OT section

Nah I'm good, again talent is what matter. And those teams had losses.  They trash Columbia as a program is trash cant win state. Madison would have beat Escambia.  The dang Crestview coach said that.  And gave miami central hell. Allen up the middle on them boys. Of course it might be high scoring.  But I would go with Madison because allen is amazing.  Say whatever because 2020 and beyond Columbia irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Blountstown is garbage and plays nobodies

Dang man, as a moderator you are held to a higher standard. Quit degrading high school football teams in order to win an argument against another poster. Think before you type.

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

Then why do we have classification? 

9 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

Dang man, as a moderator you are held to a higher standard. Quit degrading high school football teams in order to win an argument against another poster. Think before you type.

In other words you want me handicapped so I have a harder time winning a argument so people can say they are better than me 

Maybe I went a bit more aggressive than I needed to but if it's not okay for me to do it I want to see you calling out anyone else who uses that term for teams, it isn't just "only Columbiafan can't do that but anyone else it's fair game"

14 hours ago, Jesse said:

He is fast,  he will be on there, he gonna be on the jv roster. Are you sure you watch him. Show me the link 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11974093/Jacarre-Fleming

You had his first name spelled incorrectly. His hi-lites from December, 2019 are for him playing 8th grade football. It's obvious by the size of most of the players that this is middle school football.

At 0:25 of the video, it shows a defender starting out at least ten yards behind him and pulling him down within about 30 yards. If your kid is fast, the other kid has "world class" speed.

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11974093/Jacarre-Fleming

You had his first name spelled incorrectly. His hi-lites from December, 2019 are for him playing 8th grade football. It's obvious by the size of most of the players that this is middle school football.

At 0:25 of the video, it shows a defender starting out at least ten yards behind him and pulling him down within about 30 yards. If your kid is fast, the other kid has "world class" speed.

You obviously didn't watch the whole thing.  At 25 seconds.  He is in the maroon uniform,  running down a player. Do you realize he is playing 5a, 4a, 3a, out of state schools.  Some in Florida/ Georgia.  I got a link when he went against central Florida travel team. On YouTube they also played Atlanta best team. Dude is very fast. He is in the maroon and gold. His number is 1, 

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You obviously didn't watch the whole thing.  At 25 seconds.  He is in the maroon uniform,  running down a player. Do you realize he is playing 5a, 4a, 3a, out of state schools.  Some in Florida/ Georgia.  I got a link when he went against central Florida travel team. On YouTube they also played Atlanta best team. Dude is very fast 

I thought he was in the other color uniform, he does have some speed for an 8th grader, but these kids look like they're playing in a Pop Warner game. There's a big difference in dominating Pop Warner and dominating a varsity HS game, unless you're playing 1A. 

3 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I thought he was in the other color uniform, he does have some speed for an 8th grader, but these kids look like they're playing in a Pop Warner game. There's a big difference in dominating Pop Warner and dominating a varsity HS game, unless you're playing 1A. 

Well he didn't play 1a schools. Dude is only going to get better.  He is at Lowndes , his nickname is smoke. Talk to anyone at Madison which is running back highschool they will tell you. He is five star, he is football smart.  And master running back played pop Warner. Took a big l to img sorry white team. He gonna get shut down if he goes to a easy school. Even a hard school he gonna have a hard time. 

20 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You obviously didn't watch the whole thing.  At 25 seconds.  He is in the maroon uniform,  running down a player. Do you realize he is playing 5a, 4a, 3a, out of state schools.  Some in Florida/ Georgia.  I got a link when he went against central Florida travel team. On YouTube they also played Atlanta best team. Dude is very fast. He is in the maroon and gold. His number is 1, 

I watched the video of the 14U "all-star" game and was a little bit impressed with #1, but not on the North Florida team. The best RB on that video was #1 on the Central Florida team. You have to understand these put together all-star games; thry're not really all-star games. We have a 3rd string QB at our local HS who plays in these games and posts all kinds of rave reviews about his play and his potential. It's like "purchase a good review, play in our all-star game". Your kid is probably a good player; let him prove it in HS against good competition. Give him time; he's young.

3 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I watched the video of the 14U "all-star" game and was a little bit impressed with #1, but not on the North Florida team. The best RB on that video was #1 on the Central Florida team. You have to understand these put together all-star games; thry're not really all-star games. We have a 3rd string QB at our local HS who plays in these games and posts all kinds of rave reviews about his play and his potential. It's like "purchase a good review, play in our all-star game". Your kid is probably a good player; let him prove it in HS against good competition. Give him time; he's young.

He will

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And master running back played pop Warner. Took a big l to img sorry white team. He gonna get shut down if he goes to a easy school. Even a hard school he gonna have a hard time. 

I suggest you take a look at Twitter page for Terrance Gibbs of Masters Academy. After his sophomore year, he holds offers from Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, and Louisville, just to name a few.

https://twitter.com/mterrance122?lang=en

If you want another look at one of the best or possibly the best RB in the state of Florida, check out his HUDL hi-lites for his sophomore season.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10986340/Terrance-Gibbs