SFHSAA being created ?

SubZero

1 minute ago, 561_Fan said:

Glades Central, Cocoa, Clewiston, Miami BTW, Jacksonville-Raines are comparable schools to MC and they are all 3A. 

Umm 

GC is 4a as is Cocoa and BTW and Raines is 5a (not sure on Clewiston but I think 4a) 

Unless you are comparing who was in 3a back when Madison played there in that case you can ignore this

3 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Glades Central, Cocoa, Clewiston, Miami BTW, Jacksonville-Raines are comparable schools to MC and they are all 3A. 

When you add those schools to the previous list of 3A teams in the north (Bolles, UC, NFC, TCA, Trinity Catholic), it's pretty clear why Madison County hides behind a "rural" classification and plays 1A in the playoffs. What's the story Jesse?

4 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Thanks. Jesse 's response to my post was: "Chill out, fhsaa put madison there". That doesn't appear to be accurate. Wouldn't Madison gain more respect by playing those tougher 3A teams? In 3A, a state title would mean something.

They probably would Because it would justify that they could have been successful in their natural classification but the reason they complain about that idea is they see 3a as a private school class and Madison views private schools as cheaters because they "recruit" lol 

Honestly I can name several publics who pick up more transfers than 95% of the private schools in Florida but usually people ignore that detail lol

Just now, HornetFan said:

When you add those schools to the previous list of 3A teams in the north (Bolles, UC, NFC, TCA, Trinity Catholic), it's pretty clear why Madison County hides behind a "rural" classification and plays 1A in the playoffs. What's the story Jesse?

UC and NFC are 2a and Bolles is 4a

I only added them because those 3 teams because they played a huge part in why the rural North pushed for 1a rural class in the first place 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They probably would Because it would justify that they could have been successful in their natural classification but the reason they complain about that idea is they see 3a as a private school class and Madison views private schools as cheaters because they "recruit" lol 

Honestly I can name several publics who pick up more transfers than 95% of the private schools in Florida but usually people ignore that detail lol

I know my local public school picked up a few new starters on this year's team from local private schools. They also got several from surrounding public schools.

The schools that 561 Fan mentioned are not private schools (Glades Central, Cocoa, Clewiston, Miami BTW, Jacksonville-Raines), but are very good teams in 3A.

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Umm 

GC is 4a as is Cocoa and BTW and Raines is 5a (not sure on Clewiston but I think 4a) 

Unless you are comparing who was in 3a back when Madison played there in that case you can ignore this

My bad, 3A is the private school classification (what I call it) but 4A is what I meant, and yeah the teams they would usually meet in the playoffs. Even when they had the 2a/2b split I think MC was 3A with the mentioned schools

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

UC and NFC are 2a and Bolles is 4a

I only added them because those 3 teams because they played a huge part in why the rural North pushed for 1a rural class in the first place 

Thanks, but those schools are playing in their proper classification, right?

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Umm 

If 3A was changed to cover private schools only, and MC had to move out of 3A, it seems logical that they probably belong in either 2A or 4A, depending on their student population. 

1 minute ago, HornetFan said:

If 3A was changed to cover private schools only, and MC had to move out of 3A, it seems logical that they probably belong in either 2A or 4A, depending on their student population. 

Technically the FHSAA could never assign a class as private only or separate the privates